Asking for the latest update on pending case.

Approved!!! Thank God!

Kika,
have u called the Asylum Office then?

I picked up my approval letter just 1 hr ago from a nearby postal office!!

The mail man used to stop by my place but would never find me or any of my housemates at home. So yesterday evening, I found a 'final notice' to go and pick up the mail from the postal office.
Earlier during the day, I called asylum office, and the administration took note that I had not received my mail. I guess it's the asylum office that called USPS and asked them to leave a notice in my mail box.
Finally!! I'm so happy!! with mixed feelings....
Thanks everyone on this forum for being supportive. I wish all those still in waiting very good luck.
Vaerlemo, thanks for asking.

Man, when I was waiting for my letter from USCIS, I greet the postman everyday... we became friends... I was almost going to help him deliver the mail to the area.....

So it was the USPS mistake and not a delay from USCIS, coongratualtions Kica

Man, when I was waiting for my letter from USCIS, I greet the postman everyday... we became friends... I was almost going to help him deliver the mail to the area.....

So it was the USPS mistake and not a delay from USCIS, coongratualtions Kica

:D (full smile, ear to ear). That's a nice one Raziel, ... that you were about to volunteer to be area postman so would 'be the first to know'. I guess I was about to do the same but since school started, I spent all my days at school, only returning late in the evening. Thanks Raziel.

Congrat Sir!!!

Yeah that's kind of strange the way we wait the postman every day and miss him when he has what we are looking for.
Enjoy, you're now on your way to become one day citizen of this great country.

Yeah that's kind of strange the way we wait the postman every day and miss him when he has what we are looking for.
Enjoy, you're now on your way to become one day citizen of this great country.

Hey ViaPalermo, thanks! I'm not Sir!! I'm just some (formerly hopeless) guy, slightly exiting mid 20's (age). Anyhow, thanks-- let me now face the stress of being a PhD student. I won't dwell on my hard past.

Do I have to report change of my status to my school?

you sure have to report the status change to your school for your benefit, you are entitled to Financial Aid, also they will decrease college fees since you are not an international student any more

The only reason you may want to let your school know is if you want to take advantage of stuffs like in-state tuition otherwise USCIS will update your records and remove you from the sevis.At least that is what happened to me when I took my approval letter to the DSO. Actually the DSO at my school told me they were notified that I have applied for a change of status. I couldn't believe it.