Asking for the latest update on pending case.

I graduated with a degree in Computer Science. I am currently working on my GRE to enroll in a graduate school. I am planning to start this coming Fall.

I hope that you, kica, and hammu hear a good news soon. God bless all of you.

Thanks!
It was easy to infer that I've been rubbing shoulders with informed forum members -- judging from the pieces of advice they give. I just confirmed
a number of people are going to school and planning to do better.
Let's keep it up.

While digging the forum, i saw several people saying they were first year medical student...preparing for law school ....and more....back in 2004
and now they are professionals. ..time passes by... wound and pain heals too...
we get financial aid as well, so .....Let's keep it up!

Not yet assylum :mad:. Start counting the 2 weeks from 07/22/09 when I had the re-interview . It's only 1 week (and 1 day to be accurate).
Meanwhile, I just filed my EAD application yesterday, after exactly 150 days pending asylum application. I'll keep you informed of any new development.

Nothing yet. Instead, I just received today the Receipt Notice for EAD application which I filed just after the 150th day, about a week ago.

Start counting the 2 weeks from 07/22/09 when I had the re-interview . It's only 1 week (and 1 day to be accurate).
Meanwhile, I just filed my EAD application yesterday, after exactly 150 days pending asylum application. I'll keep you informed of any new development.

Do you have any good news kica?????

Hey all,

Anybody got some kind of answers, or any progress in connection with the cases?????

I have submitted my I-765 for the EAD, because of my pending asylum. I called the Asylum Office to get updated information and the answer was the same:

My case is pending, we are waiting for the background check. I cannot believe why it takes so long.

If they want to deny me, why did not they send me a denial letter, or if they want to approve me....... I don't know....

It is really annoying.. You can apply for an EAD, which should be renewed year-to-year, but the time is not counted for being able to apply for a Green Card or even to become a citizen. Just waiting and waiting, and I think it harms the persons.....

Somebody was or is seeking protection in a country designated for liberalism, freedom... etc blah-blah...
and I do not guess that these people has come to the USA with a large amount of money to sponsor themself for period of years while they are waiting. I thought that the asylum, as being a type of case - is of high priority and the case should be cleared in a limited period of time.

I can really appreciate the opportunity to get the mentioned EAD and so on, but I feel it is not enough.... but correct me if I am wrong....

One is useless because nothing can be done against these situations.

To tell the truth I do not know what to do. I am afraid of calling or writing to the asylum officer because he can feel I sue himself or bother himself and he "has the right" to put my case away - I do not think this "waiting for the background check" is the appropriate answer regarding the status of my case....

On the other hand, I knew, and other helpful forum members told me, if they want to approve your case, usually the Asylum Office issue a recommended approval. In the case of mine I did not get any issuance like that - "they are just waiting for the background check"

They stated for me: "We are waiting for the background check and as soon as we get the result we will issue a decision"...................

Any idea, suggestion?

Good luck for everybody and I can really feel what others are feeling...

Norb

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really annoying.. You can apply for an EAD, which should be renewed year-to-year, but the time is not counted for being able to apply for a Green Card or even to become a citizen. Just waiting and waiting, and I think it harms the persons.....

Life is not always easy

Hey all,

he has the right" to put my case away - I do not think this "waiting for the background check" is the appropriate answer regarding the status of my case....

You are right. He has the right to put your case away for years and years until you give up and until you find another country to go to.

But I have a feeling that you are approved because they say they are waiting for a background check which means they are willing to approve you.

In my case, they keep saying they are still reviewing my case. They never mentioned a background check so I think you are in much better situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I hope you are right.

By the way, if we think as human beings, if they want to deny your case I do not guess they wait so long as in your case. Because the denial is one of the easiest step in a decision-making process. If they want to deny your case they do not want to increase the number of cases, just simply deny it. Or they do not want to increase the load of other federal agencies, for example Asylum Division Headquarter to put additional review on a single case.

So, do not worry, I really hope you will get good news. Good luck again.

Norb

I read somewhere, that after filing a case, the USCIS send your materials and datas to the FBI and to the CIA as well to perform the "deep" background check.

Maybe it can be helpful to submit a FOIA request to both of these agencies. In case of FBI FOIA will give me the results of the main files only in their system, and in connection with the CIA I do not know.

They send me back the results via mail and if it is "no record" I think I can send it to the Asylum Office.

It is really confusing, because the USCIS and FBI stated that as of July 98% of the name checks will be cleared in 60 days and the remaining 2% in 120 days. It did not succeed because my background check is pending more than 120 days if we regard the beginning of july.

I don't know I give it a try.

Norb

They send me back the results via mail and if it is "no record" I think I can send it to the Asylum Office.

I don't know I give it a try.

Norb

I don't recommend you do that.
Let the asylum officers do their job. You don't need to tell them what to do. That might work against you. They have the power and right to delay your case if they think you are a pain in the neck.

It is good to hear if somebody is trying to help the other if he is in a panic-like situtation and protect him to do something fatal.... :)

Thank you Assylum for your advise. Of course, I WON'T do that.

Hey guys,

I just would like to let you know what happened to me.

On August 13 I filed my I-765 because the 150 day-period expired.

On August 24 Case status: Card production ordered

On August 28: Approval notice sent

So, I think at the beginning of this week I will get my card.

I hope everything is OK with you.

Norb

Hey guys,

On August 24 Case status: Card production ordered

Norb

It will be really good news when you tell us you got the asylum approval letter/recommened approval but anyway I have a feeling that you will get it soon.

I sent my I-765 application last week.
When I checked the delivery status on USPS site, it says "notice left".
Does that mean that somebody from USCIS has to pick it up from the post office and sign it? I hope so.

I used certified first class mail with a proof of delivery. I think I shouldn't have requested a proof of delivery (signature)

Assylum,

I am guessing that you sent your I-765 to the service Center NOT the Asylum Office.

I hope you will receive the kaki envelope soon.

I used certified first class mail with a proof of delivery. I think I shouldn't have requested a proof of delivery (signature)

I prefer priority with tracking "delivery confirmation without signature" I don't want to take USCIS time in signatures:p:p plus, if no one to sign, package wil be returned.

Don't worry, check it today and you will see it is delivered.