• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Asia DV14 Progress from Jun to Sept

I think the quota can be calculated as the following:( the total numbers from particular region/the total number of winners)X 50000.

Agree.. they should use 7% of region quotas.. like 7%*9,500(available visas of asia) instead of 7%*50,000, or at least 2.5% of global quotas..

Total selectees of Asia
Iran+Nepal=12111 selectees
Rest of Asia=11159 selectees

Let say quota is 9.5 for Asia...
If Iran and Nepal hit the limit they will get 7.0k visas
So Rest of Asia will get only 2.5k visas
But according to the selectees ratio...
They should issue like this..
Iran+Nepal=5500
Rest of Asia=4000

But up to june the ratio is not favorable for Rest of Asia...so thats why KCC made the big jump in the august VB.
So i think final VB also favorable for Rest of Asians.
Sometimes there might be no increase in Nepal cut off...

Hmmmm,, It's all about luck, coz... it's a lottery. afterall that was random selection. :( :)

i wish the last month (sept) they do not use regional CN as a basis for interview..
Total selectees of Asia
Iran+Nepal=12111 selectees
Rest of Asia=11159 selectees

Let say quota is 9.5 for Asia...
If Iran and Nepal hit the limit they will get 7.0k visas
So Rest of Asia will get only 2.5k visas
But according to the selectees ratio...
They should issue like this..
Iran+Nepal=5500
Rest of Asia=4000

But up to june the ratio is not favorable for Rest of Asia...so thats why KCC made the big jump in the august VB.
So i think final VB also favorable for Rest of Asians.
Sometimes there might be no increase in Nepal cut off...

i hope so.. i hope they will schedule interview for each country with lower selectee (with high CNs), not based on regional CNs.. my country only have like 200 selectee and most of them are above 15k, including me :(

I don't think it is random selection...
If it is a random lottery then y they give more lower numbers to Iran and Nepal..so there should be some reason behind the selection...that is give more chances to higher number of selectee's countries...but they can't do like the whole fiscal year...I believe last 2months reserved for Rest of Asians with higher case numbers.
But i think it might move up to 17.5k for Asia this year...but friends don't lose hope...just wait for 2weeks.

I don't think it is random selection...
If it is a random lottery then y they give more lower numbers to Iran and Nepal..so there should be some reason behind the selection...that is give more chances to higher number of selectee's countries...but they can't do like the whole fiscal year...I believe last 2months reserved for Rest of Asians with higher case numbers.
But i think it might move up to 17.5k for Asia this year...but friends don't lose hope...just wait for 2weeks.

yes.. let's hope it will reach 20k (my CN is around 18xxx :( ). it's random.. Nepal and Iran have bigger chances since they have more people who submit dv lottery. but KCC and some embassies need to tighten their control (such as refuse some people with wrong date of birth and letter in their name, due to fraud application). and some people who married right after they won the lottery, their family shouldn't get any visas.. and KCC really2 need to check their education and working experience background before giving them visas in order to fraud preventing.

Hmmmm,, It's all about luck, coz... it's a lottery. afterall that was random selection. :( :)
yes it's. but if there are 3 countries with 6k selectees with case number below 15k, then it means it's over for the rest of asian with high CN's. I think 7% of global quota limitation is too much for 1 country.

yes it's. but if there are 3 countries with 6k selectees with case number below 15k, then it means it's over for the rest of asian with high CN's. I think 7% of global quota limitation is too much for 1 country.
I too accept ...7% of global quota limitation is too much for 1 country when the Asia quota is 9.5k

Is this ready data upto August last? And, what is the number inside the bracket ?
The data is up to July + some Aug CN (around 20% of Aug # I believe). The # in brackets are Ready cases for Jun, July and Aug. if you minus the non bracket # with bracket # you will get possible no show # (submitted forms to KCC but never attend the interviews).

Reactions: DKK
Agree.. they should use 7% of region quotas.. like 7%*9,500(available visas of asia) instead of 7%*50,000, or at least 2.5% of global quotas..
No some regions only have few country so 7% of quota don't work. 2.5% of global quota is too little too.

You have a very good point here. If Asia were to have 3 heavyweights then Rest of Asia will have less than 10% chances, knowing heavyweights are normally occupying the low CN #. I think DOS strategy for Asia this year is to open the first 10 months and close the heavyweights on the remaining 2 months, which we have seen it in Aug when they decided to put a special limit for Nepal but I think they don't really expect Nepal to have high success rate of over 90%. If Nepal do not have such a high success rate, let say it is 70% instead of 90% I am pretty such we could have reached 18k in Aug and all Nepalese will have their interviews but the reality is not.

Yes,rest of Asia should get at least 80% of the visa slots allocated for Sept. If DOS decided to put in 2k more visa slots, it can reach 20k CN but that's would be a risk of interview canceling. So I think most likely it will go for 1k to 1.2k just like Aug. with that it would be 15k to 16k CN final cut off. Of course with NACARA it is possible to push to 2k visa slots which we have seen what happen for SA region. Even it has 35% on top of last SA visa issued, in Aug DOS still decided to put in 200 more CN last moment before the official VB release and that tell me DOS might already put in NACARA buffer in SA. So, it is a good news for other regions because I don't think Asia visa slot allocation has use the NACARA buffer yet. Let hope it will for Sept.

My predictions is still stand at 15,500 CN for Asia and 10,500 CN for Nepal after analyzing the latest data but this is a very conservative predictions as I always do. NACARA might push it higher and it still possible to see 20k CN if DOS decided to do that for Sept.

Reactions: DKK
Eager to know!!!! What is the actual base of Nacara quota division? ....... If Nepal hits the target of 3500. will it too be eligible to get visa slots from Nacara quota?