April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

Thanks, Marais and Niti. Appreciate your inputs. Niti, it will be great if you can find that link.

J Rao

How to improve delays in I-140 Processing

I think there are only two ways to get I-140 within 180 days of filing I-485 (joint filing), so that we are portable(AC21 laws).
1.Mass emails to Vermont Service Center to hasten the process
2.Introducing Premium Processing for I-140.

Please comment and lets do something about it. Otherwise it is just a mockery of AC21 laws as we would not be portable for 485 days ie. 1 year 4 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

EAD transfer?...

Hello All,

I have a question to all, to find out if this is possible...

Conditions
-------------
1. Husband has applied for GC, parallel processing. Has obtained EAD for Self, Spouse. I140 Pending (as usual!) for both.
2. Spouse has applied for GC, application still pending with employer.
3. Spouse has technical skills, currently on independent H1.
4. The background skills are same (technical) for the spouse who wishes to change her status from h1 to EAD with her employer.

Question
-----------
Can the spouse who has obtained an EAD from a husband's GC application(where husband is Primary applicant), get her current H1 dependent job status to switch to the "EAD Status" from the EAD that has been obtained as a dependent spouse from Husband's application.

So in short convert a dependent EAD to an independent/Primary EAD...and be capable of supporting the Primary EAD just in case it goes off(Read Layoff!!)

What with the INS/Whatever taking the time it is...I amjust trying to see if I have better options!.

*Any* replies will be greatly appreciated. As always you guys kick ass on this forum when it comes to helping out. Good Job all, Thanks, keep it up.

Regards,
EtchoneB (Still, and probably forever!!)

Yes she can.........If her employer is also willing to start or already started the GC process.

One can have more then one pending 485 as long as they are from different category/reason.

EAD and AP Approved, waiting onI-140

Question,

EB3

RD 4/1/2003

EAD Approved in 5/03
and got AP in 6/03

What is the chance of RFE or denial on I-140 if you and your spouse's EAD has been approved and also got your AP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I140 Approved

I140 ND is 6/23/2003
RFE on 7/28/03
RFE responded on 10/21/03
Approval Date 11/12/2003

EAD and AP are still pending for my wife and me.

Questions
1)my wife is planning to go to india once we get the AP for 4 months ,will that be a problem if we get a notice for finger printing?
2)can i change to consular processing and how fast will i be able to get an appointment at chennai?

i would appreciate if someone can take this question.

Thanks

Green Card in 3 Weeks

Let me make something clear first - I AM NOT TRYING TO SPREAD RUMORS!!!

Ok.. now has anyone heard of a new bill/law that the congress is considering that will allow the individuals to get Green Card in 3 weeks!!

I know it sounds totally unbelievable, but I just spoke to our HR and she mentioned that apparantly some congreeman(woman) have been trying to get this passed for the last couple of years but it has a good chance of getting passed in 2004.

True or not I like the sound of it and am thereby posting this info in hope of getting more info....

Thanks usnycus...

usnycus,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry could not get back to you earlier...appreciate your response. I am researching it further andwill post any info. to the group!.

Regards,
EtchoneB

Originally posted by usnycus
Yes she can.........If her employer is also willing to start or already started the GC process.

One can have more then one pending 485 as long as they are from different category/reason.

Original Receipts for I-140/I-485

All,

Please let me know how to get original receipts from INS. I have lost my original receipts but have copies of all the receipts.

Also, Can someone tell me If I will need original receipts when coming back from India.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

the meaning of I-131 online status

Hello,

I found my I-131 status has changed to the following:

On November 28, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Does it mean the I-131 has been approved? How long will it take in the shipping roughly?

RIR new processing directive...

Hello All,

some good news for RIR processing...guidelines for how to deal with an RIR for BCIS...

from murthy.com. Seems to clarify the issue regarding current job conditions/economy when BCIS deals with an RIR today, labor market conditions having changed from when it was applied...

http://www.murthy.com/UDnurirg.html

Hope this is the first of many good news to come. Hope it speeds the process. also mentions a note about PERM process.

Hope you all had good holidays.
Regards,
EtchoneB

TO Jalma

TO Jalma

What was your EAD RFE for? Was it related to 140 RFE?

Why was there a delay of 3 months(may to August) between EAD RD and EAD ND?

Thanks

Hi av35,

The RFE was for a passport photocopies.

There was no delay in issuing ND. Actually i applied only in August for my EAD as a backup as my H1 extension was in process at that time.

Since i got my H1 extension, now having EAD card is of no use to me.

Re: the meaning of I-131 online status

xstone

Your pending 131 (Advance Parole) case is approved. Your lawyer will get three copies of AP within a week or so.

Originally posted by xstone
Hello,

I found my I-131 status has changed to the following:

On November 28, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Does it mean the I-131 has been approved? How long will it take in the shipping roughly?

Per-diem and W2 question

hi guys,
I've a couple of questions.
1. My company pays per-diem every month. Question is, does INS consider this as part of my salary package.

2. I lost my W-2 for the year 2000. how do I get a copy now for INS purpose?

Any help is highly appreciated
Thanks
Zigzag13

Status
Not open for further replies.