April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFE for EAD

Today I got RFE on my I-765.
RD for I-765 id Apr-3-03. It took approximately 200 days to issue RFE. Can anyone please let me know what aditional evidence BCIS is looking for so that I can prepare in advance.

Thanks for any help.

Nash.

Never been so freakin patient in life :(

NonImmigrant visa no

In I485 form, we have to enter our current Nonimmigrant visa no.
Where can I find that info on the visa Stamped on the passport?

Is it the EAC no or the Control No or the number in Red font?

Thanks

NASH9,

You could have got a Temp EAD after 90 days of filing right ? Have you tried to get one ?

Thanks,
Rotny

RE: NonImmigrant visa no

Hi av35:

Your control number on the visa is visa number.

good luck.

Rotny

Rotny,
Thanks for posting the reply.
Initially I got an RFE on my I-140 with in the first 90 days of RD of I-140. All my benifits were on hold because of this RFE. BCIS got my response to RFE only on Jun-3-03. After that, a friend of mine whose in the same boat, tried for iEAD and was not issued (the officer at the local Boston office told if the case is on hold, only Vermont office has to decide.)

Anyway waiting to find out what RFE I might have now for EAD :(

Thnx
Nash.

Thanks nash9,

What was your RFE on 140 and is that cleared now , I just wanted to make sure if you still have the RFE on 140 does that still affect you EAD .

Thanks ,
Rotny

Rotny

Yes my I-140 is approved after the RFE received. Check the previous 15 posts as I gave the details.

Still my I-131 (parole) is a big mystery !!!!!

Nash

Hi nash9!
mostly the RFE on EAD may be photoidentification or may be the photos may not be clear.Iam in the same boat i got my I-140 approved after responding to RFE on I-140 and EAD was kept hold.I got RFE on EAD requiring the photoidentification.My attorney sent the response still waiting for the result.

Hi guys,

Today online message indicated that they issued me a RFE on my EAD. Will wait and see what it is all about.

Actually i applied for my EAD as a backup for my H1 approval. Now i already have my H1 approval for next three day. Do i still need to reply for that RFE or it doesnot matter anyway.

Please clear my confusion here.

Thanks sanesa!! I hope it is really about something simple as photos.

I have still 6 months remaining on my H-1. The stories (may be facts) I heard are if I opt for EAD and not have 485 approved for next 12 months (which looks pretty obvious)...I need to go through the EAD renewal process again...
the questions I have are
A. As individual can I apply for the EAD renewal..in case if I am not with the same employer.
B. Is it true that one cannot work until he gets the actual EAD card in hand (mostly I am worrying for next renewal.)

Jalma: I personally think replying to RFE might be a good idea even if you have approved / filed H1.

Please advice.

Thanks

I am going to reply for my RFE anyway. It won't hurt. I hope its a simple RFE.

I applied in category EB2.

Jalma

Originally posted by Jalma
Hi guys,

Today online message indicated that they issued me a RFE on my EAD. Will wait and see what it is all about.

Actually i applied for my EAD as a backup for my H1 approval. Now i already have my H1 approval for next three day. Do i still need to reply for that RFE or it doesnot matter anyway.

Please clear my confusion here.

Jalma,
I am in the same boat as yours; I have applied for H1 and is pending for over 10 months. I am completing my 6 years next month. Although I have applied for EAD RD 09/05/03; its still not approved....
Could you please elaborate on your RFE; I am slightly worried if I could get the same RFE as my H1 is pending for over 10 months.

Thanks!
SafeNH

What i do not understand is why your H1 is pending for 10 months. I got my H1 approval in 3 months time.

I will let you know about my RFE once i receive it. I am still waiting for it. God knows what that is about....

AP/EAD renewal question.

Can somebody tell me, how many days ahead of expiring date a renewal for EAD and AP needs to be done?.

Thanks..

EAD Renewal

Can any one tell me what are the documents required to Renewal -EAD, How many months before the expire date we should apply.

EAD & AP renewal

Yes, please. I too would like to know how many days before expiry one shd apply for EAD and AP. And what is the procedure? Can one do it by oneself instead of paying the lawyer?

Thanks
J Rao

Yes, you can apply for the renewal by yourself. Get the forms from bcis.gov for EAD and AP.. they have detailed instructions. Keep in mind that even though AP doc says that the fee is $65, it is $110.

Somebody put up a real good description of what the application should have... with the cover letter and bold letters and all. now I can't find it. I'll put the link up as soon as I find it.

Niti.

RFE on my EAD

EAD ND is 8/29/03
RFE on 10/29/03
RFE responded on 11/4/03
Waiting for EAD approval

Updates the details:

Status
Not open for further replies.