April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats --- gc_Anu

Congrats on your I140 approval. So far we haven't heard anyone getting into trouble with RFE prior to I140 approval.

It appears that it is only matter of time for both I140 and I485, of course one should hope they have pay stubs whenever they are asked for!

Pay Stubs

Hi,
YES!! we have to have all our pay stubs and W2's. I had to submit w2's for the last 3 years and 3 pay stubs per year for the last 3 years. RFE was "Company's ability to Pay". I got this RFE even thought our company has 10,000 employee's.

No FP notice since early June?

Looking at the spreadsheet, I see that the last person to have gotten an FP notice is from a ND in mid-April.

Have they stopped sending out FP notices completely, due to the 485 adjudication backlog, or have people not updated the spreadsheet?

K

I believe they have stopped sending FP notices till they clear some 485 cases. I am following up personally with almost 12 individuals who are waiting for FP notices and all of them feel the same.

Good luck !!!

EAD

Hi Friends,
I have a question and appreciate any inputs.
My I-765 and I-131 have RD's 04-03-2003.
I-140 approved. (see my prev posts).

Today I called the NSC customer support to check on my 131 and 765.

I did status checks 3 times so far from july-03.

This time, I was forwarded to talk to an IIO, and he said he will do a "referral". What does REFERRAL mean?

THNX.

Approval notice to lawyer

My LaborCertification case was recently approved from DOL. (I found it from their AVM). Can anybody tell me approx how many days will it take for the approval notice to reach my lawyer?

Thanks

HAI,

MINE IS EB2.
WHERE SHOULD I SEE FOR THE BCIS CURRENT PROCESSING DATES FOR VERMONT.
WHAT IS THIS E11,E12,E13,E21,E31,E32,EW3.
IF IT IS E21 WHY IS THE WEBSITE SHOWING CURRENT PROCESSING DATE AS 9/18/2002.WHERE AS SOME OF THEM WHO UPDATED THIS FORM GOT THERE I140 APPROVED WITH RECEIVED DATES IN APRIL.

BYE.

EB2 will come under EB21 category....

I have no answer for why the website processing date say 9/18/02

I see some people got their approval in preliminary review it self....!!!!

EAD

Hi,
My labor got approved and I am applying for 140/485 and EAD for both my wife and myself.

Also, my wife is finishing her MS on F-1 visa and is eligible to apply for OPT EAD from her university.

Can she apply for 2 EADs at the same time. one from my immigration petitio and the second from her university?

Pls advise

Thanks

While I'm not sure about applying for 2 EADs (I see no reason why she cannot, actually), there seems to be a stronger case for her not to apply for the OPT.

From what I remember of the PT/OPT (it's been a while since I graduated), an individual only gets like 6 months or a year in total of practical training time - why use up that quota, when the employment period EAD for the 485 is virtually limitless (until your petition is adjudicated)?

Just my 2 cents - not legal advice, as so many people here have in their signatures...

K

Re: EAD

Why would you want to pay for 2 EAD's and use only 1. Why compound a simple issue. If you use opt EAD, your wife will be in F1 status. If you use AOS EAD she will forfeit F1 status.

It depends on your choice. If you are doubtful of your GC petition, then it might be worthwhile to get opt EAD.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by av35
Hi,
My labor got approved and I am applying for 140/485 and EAD for both my wife and myself.

Also, my wife is finishing her MS on F-1 visa and is eligible to apply for OPT EAD from her university.

Can she apply for 2 EADs at the same time. one from my immigration petitio and the second from her university?

Pls advise

Thanks

How to make out EB1/EB2/EB3

Guys,
ND 09/23/2003 for I140 and 485.
I don't know under which category mine is applied(EB1 or EB2 or EB3)
Any idea how to make this clear?
Please don't suggest me to ask my lawyer.

nash9

nash9,

You mentioned, you got an RFE on education eval, can you please post more details about the RFE?

Thanks.

Approval Notice

My labor got certified on Oct 15th.(I got this info from the Philly AVM).
But it has'nt reached my attorney yet.

Do you have any idea how long does it take to receive the approval notice?

Thanks

EB2-RIR
Applied in Delaware 11/28/02
Moved to philly 06/29/03
AD 10/15/03

tsnaresh

Hi tsnaresh,

My labor certification has bachelors or equivalent with computer science as major. My qualifications are engineering with non computers background. RFE was basically regarding my major field of study. (I have not actually seen it, this is as my attorney said). We had to use the credential evaluation from my prior h-1 along with few computer course certifications.

I posted my concerns couple of months ago, as I was really tensed.

Anyways its past now thank god for that.

Good luck to all

See you in 485 forum.

Nash.

Re: EAD

Originally posted by av35
Hi,

Pls advise

Thanks

She cannot apply for EAD based upon F1, as she will loose her F1 status when you apply for I-485. In fact she may have to stop working on EAD based F1 (OPT), as she will be no more on that status.
Her status will become Pending AOS once she applies for I-485.
Talk to some attorney. It is very important. She need not USE EAD to loose her F1 status

Vermont EB2 date slip

All,

I was reading Vermont updates and found that EB2 (EB21) has slipped by 4 months. This is very frustrating. I hope this is a mistake and in next update it will be Jan 2003

Yes, really sad! Instead of crawling forward, they took a leap of 4 months backwards :( Does anyone know what is going on in Vermont? Even California (which is usually the fastest), is now so much further ahead than Vermont.

Status
Not open for further replies.