April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traveling to Europe

Hi,
I am traveling to Europe for 15 days in September.

1. Currenlty on H1B & Wife on H4
2. Both mine and wife's H1B & H4 are stamped till October 31st 2003 stamped on passport.
3. My wife has received EAD not started working yet -No AP
4. I have not received both EAD and AP.

Question

1. Can my wife travel using H4?
2. If we receive AP before leaving to Europe should we use AP then?

Guru's please advise
:)

AP/Travel

gc_majburi, thanks for all the info. That was very clear. And hey, I didn't think of getting a letter from attorney, not sure he'll give it. I just went & got the AP from him - 3 sheets (God knows why). He recommends that I not travel more than 3 times during this period. Did yours say that? I already have 2 trips lined up - to UK and canada. Ridiculous.
mailarvin, since you have a valid H1 stamped till Oct, why bother with AP?

J Rao

JRao,

IMHO:

Letter would probably be the best option, but attorney's do not entertain employees' wishes. An ideal alternative would be to email him/her and keep a print out and his/her contact phone numbers, incase IIO intends to call. Just to keep yourself from self-inflicted migraines. (kori techchukunnattu...if you understand that).

When you apply for AP, attorney receives 3 copies. 3 copies != multiple entry visa. The nature of AP is for unforeseen circumstances during adjustment of status. So the word "Parole" is used. AP should not be construed as an exact alternative to multiple entry visa. During AOS, one should curtail whimsical trips out of USA. So 3 copies of AP is supplied by BCIS when you apply for AP.

I am not sure what would happen if want to enter the 4th time. Should U apply for AP again. Not sure.

In a nutshell, try to limit trips out of USA to < 3. You will have atleast 1 AP for really emergency like situations.

Since the AP is valid for almost a year from the date of issue you could re-apply after the 1 year period.

Cheers

:p

AP

gc_majburi, Thanks again. Actually I've decided to not go on the first trip to the UK. This was a pleasure trip anyway and probably not worth the risk.
I understand Telugu but did not catch your phrase:).
Also ur point abt keeping trips for emergency situations is also valid.

thanks
J RAo

Greedy Employers

Hello friends,
GC processing is getting more painfull not only because of the delay in INS (BCIS) but also from the greedy employers.
My employer is not ready to sponsor concurrent 140/485.
He is only want to file I-140 and after its approval will file for 485.
I doubt about the employment from this company so long.
Can I file 485 from different lawyer or is there anything. I can go for 485 with out employer knows about it.

Thanks in advance for any advice on the above.

gc_majburi

Getting three copy of approved AP from BCIS does not mean that one is allowed to enter only three times.

Three copies of same document i.e. AP are provided to you because you need to have three copies of approved Advanced Parole(Form I-512) to enter into US; One copy for the applicant, one copy for the BCIS at the port of entry and one for the airline.

When you travel first time, you give the appropriate copies to airline and BCIS, and BCIS will stamp your copy. In future travel, you can show your copy while entering US.

Last edited by a moderator:
usnycus

usnycus, This was told to me (recommended actually) by the lawyer - that preferably I shd not travel more than 3 times.
I'm not saying it's true necessarily, don't know.
Have you used AP for travel?
thanks
J Rao

Details of my 140/485

Hi,

I applied I-140 in dec'2002. Still waiting for the approval. Here are the details for I-140

RD - 12/09/2002
ND - 12/16/2002
AD - ?

After waiting for 7 months my company finally agreed to apply for the 485/EAD. The details of the same are.

I-485
RD - 06/30/2003
ND - 07/14/2003

I have still not received the receipts for EAD. Do we get separate receipts for EAD? If yes, how long is it taking now a days to get the EAD receipts and EAD card :)

--vzreg

same situation

It was almost same for I applied I-140 in the end of November ,2002.
Then after 6 months my company applied I-485 with the receipt number of I-140 in the end of May , 2003. I with my spouse got approval of EAD and AP in second week of July 2003. So you should be getting EAD and AP around mid of August , 2003.Still no clue for my I-140.

3 APs

USNYCUS,

You are true in one viewpoint. You could use the same AP copy which was stamped the last time at the same Port of Entry. What if you enter at different Ports of Entry. In that case you have to use more than one AP ? Ain't it. In most cases that is not true. But say for example:

1) I fly back to US at NYC
2) After a couple of months I drive to Montreal ?
3) I go to Europe and enter US at Chicago and take a domestic flight to NY.

In such situations would you not have to use the 3 APs.

Cheers

Q ?

LC Silence,
I did post a question some days back and i think it was un answered. My question was, if i have the receive date for I-140 in my Concurrent application, Can i assume that the receive dates for other applications would be the same too ??

Let me know,
Thanks

Thanks nyririn for you reply

Just have one more question for you. Did you get separate receipts for 485, EAD and AP for you and your wife?

nytecrawler:

In most situations the receipt dates are same for all applications mailed by attorneys in the same envelope. There could be some very unlikely situatiosn wherein the receipt dates are different.

Hope this helps.

hi vzreg

The receipt date is same in EAD and AP .Only the EAC number is different .So for EAD and AP two receipt notices for each person.
As far as 485 is concerned I did not receive anything, must be with my lawyer who does not want to furnish EAC number because of the company policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.