April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finger printing

Hi Guys,

Can any one of you explain why none of us got the finder printing notice. I am waiting for my finger printing. My wife and son wants to go to India. If this is going to take long, I want to send them now.

Any idea, how long its going to take.

Thanks.

Finger printing

GC_GINKS, I have no idea why FP hasn't come, but I have another related question. Who gets the notice? Us or the lawyer?

J Rao

Finger printing

Hi jrao124,

My employer told me that we will get the FP notice. All of friends in my office got the FP notice directly to them. They got it exactly after one from the EAD date. Not sure why we are not getting any FP notices.

I greatly appreciate If some explains why.

Thanks

GC_GINKS,

In my opinion, as the I485 processing times are increasing exponentially, the finger prints validity is 1 year. Instead of FPing multiple times, they want to hold on for some indefinite time. Hopefully they start sending FP notice soon.

gc_maj

finger printing

It appears finger prints expire after 15 months. It is not because finger prints change, the database or the system which holds the data is designed for 15 months.

To make sure that 2nd FP notice is not sent, BCIS is kind enough to postpone the first FP notice. For April ND we might get it in end of September or October 2003. Then it would be 12 months when the approval comes through at the current rate.

Hi Guys,
:) I checked online status It seems They have approved my EAD and AP..Updating my info..
Good Luck to ALL
:)

Fingerprinting

Hi guys,

I read somewhere in this forum that BCIS is in the mode of transferring the whole fingerprinting scheduling process to a private agency. That why there is a delay.............

I donot know how far this is true though.

out of status question

Hello, everyone:
My husband filed concurrently in early June. We received EAD cards not long time ago. My F1 status will expire by the end of October this year (end of OPT). Since our I485 is in pending, I don't have to apply for new visa. My question is if our I140 is denied sometime after October, will I have to leave the country right away or I will have sometime to apply for new visa? I really appreciate your time and help!

Good luck!
Kiki

EAD Approved!

Hi,

Got my EAD approved. Still waiting for Finger printing and AP approval.

Sjd

Does I-140 get approved sooner for concurrent filers?

I see folks who applies as late as June'03 who have their I-140 approved. Does this mean I-140 approval happens faster for concurrent filers than for people who filed last year (just the I-140)?

Also, my I-140 was filed in the first week of April. How soon can I expect the approval?

Thanks very much.

RE: Does I-140 get approved sooner for concurrent filers?

Sometimes the quick preliminary review of the I-140 may be all that is needed to actually approve the I-140 and, in such case, BCIS will issue the I-140 approval. Otherwise, the case is placed in the backlog queue.

==============================================

Chat User : Attorney Murthy, thanks for your time and this wonderful service. If I opt for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485, then can my wife and I get our EADs only after the I-140 is approved? Thanks.

Attorney Murthy : No, the service center does not actually have to approve the I-140 to issue the EAD. The service centers usually review the I-140 preliminarily to ensure that it is a bona fide filing, and, sometimes, they end up approving the I-140 when undertaking the preliminary review. In a majority of the cases, if the I-140 is considered filed in good faith, then the service center issues the EAD before approving the I-140 petition.

ND: 04/07/2003

When can I expect my approval? Is the I-140 approval based on the I-485 notice date? Which month is being processed right now?

I-140 through Subsitute Labor??

Dear friends,

Many of your EAD's/AP's/I-140's approved and I am also in the same stage but wondering how to answer or advice my friends questions and how to help him...below is the story,If you can advice us that will be great !

My friend is currenly working for COMPANY(A) for the past 5 years but the company has not filed his Greencard,He approached COMPANY(B) which has approved RIR-Labor from Chicago-Region. He is planning to apply for the Subsitute Labor through COMPANY(B) on the futher employement basis.

1) How much time will it takes to get the Labor approved on my friends name when he applied for the Subsitute labor and when can my friend file concurrent (1-140/485).

2) My friend is asking that Employeer(B) to apply for Greencard process as an Futher employee, Will there will be any problem if he apply through Subsitute Labor.

3) My friend H1B1 6 years will be completing on MARCH 2004, so He wants to speed up the process to get this Subsitue-labour done and Employeer(B) is planning to apply from Chicago which is very fast region, If he get Subsitute Labor on my name then he can apply for I-140/485 and get EAD in 3 months, In this case he can apply for H1B1 extention and also work on EAD status where he is working. Will this works???

4) Once my Subsitute-labor is cleared then when I apply for I-140, He cannot produce pay-stubs because he is not on PAY-ROLL on company(B).

Is that O.K...??? to get EAD?? and I-140 approved.

5) If things go well, After he gets EAD, Then he can switch to COMPANY(B) and start working by which he can produce what ever he needs for applying I-485 interview process if he gets any RFE's.

6) I heard from some freinds that when my friend applys for I-140 with the subsitute-labour while applying he has to produce the Offer letter with the job description and salary from Company (A) while applying through Company(B) is this correct???

Your suggestions are very important to us..I would be thankful to you if you can advice us !

:mad: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.