April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to page 22 in this thread it self ... to have comments from others in this forum on FP notice..

I can bet you tnaresh, your EAD and I140 will get cleared in 15 days. People who have RFE generated during I140 stage are real lucky. All of them get their 140 cleared after the response for RFE is received.

I am cursing myself for submitting all papers properly

How long it takes to receive EAD after approval?

How long it takes to receive EAD after the online message says: the approval is mailed?

Thanks,

how long does it take to look at cancelled check

I guess I am really in bad luck.

My lawyer filed I-140/485/AP/EAD for me on 6/23/03 but have
not got the notice of receipt yet. I guess it got lost somewhere. So I asked my lawyer to check the cancelled check for me and see
if BCIS cashed my check and put the receipt number on back
of the check. My lawyer sent a request to her accounting
dept two weeks ago and still nothing come back.

Company hired lawyer really sucks!!

Anyone in the same situations? Any rate change in filing fee
around June 03?

Many thanks.

I140 categories

Hi
I am confused about I140 categories at VSC. If I ahve applied in EB3, does this come under E13 or E31 . I have Notice Date for concurrent filing of 8th May 2003. Should I expect my I140 by now.

Thanks and I appereciate your response

gc11111

Hi gc11111,
I read somewhere else on this forum that the key to the categories is the number after the E. So E31 is EB3, E21 is EB2, etc.

J Rao

Hi atiq72,
My case is more like yours(waiting for FP). I don't think anyone with their ND(for 485) on or after May 1 '03 received their FP. looks like BCIS is waiting on some decision !

vascan

Originally posted by atiq72
I haven't received a finger printing notice yet. I got my EAD and AP approved. I applied on June 06, 2003. Does anyone know what's going on? How long it is going to take for finger printing notices?

Your answers are appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by gc_majburi
LCSilence:

< 2 weeks to receive the EAD card after online message displays mailed.

It's been almost 2 weeks since they mailed AP approval and the EAD (08/11). Got the AP documents (mailed to the attorneys, and subsequently forwarded by them to me) but I haven't received the EAD yet, even though the attorneys have gotten a 'courtesy copy' of the approval. I guess I'll be wait till early next week, b4 pressing the panic button.

K

Philly:

Did you factor the delay caused by BlackOut 2003 in your estimation ? Ofcourse logic can never be applied to BCIS. But in most cases, AP/EAD cases have followed a simple trend.

Hopefully you get the much needed documents.

Cheers

EAD/AP RFE

hi guys,

i got this message on online status for my ead/ap...i dont remember seeing anyone getting rfe for ead and ap..i thought it was very simple process...i dont know yet what its about...

thanks,
mv1211

"On August 18, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours."

PhillyKP

I am in the same boat. I have already received AP which was forwarded to me by my attorney. But no sign of EAD.

On murthy.com it says we need 3 copies of AP to enter through Dulles airport. Does this mean even we get 3 copies, we can only use the approval once?

Last edited by a moderator:
Received EAD today. On the EAD, it says clearly the card will expire in a year. -- I am just wondering if I show this card to HR, will that cause any confusion? I mean, could they refuse to hire because the EAD is only valid for a year?

yes 3 copies of AP

LCSilence,

I did receive 3 copies of AP. I was under the impression that i could use them for 3 entries. But as you mentioned that murthy.com says that we need 3 copies, then i guess we could use it only once. Not sure.

Sjd
Originally posted by LCSilence
PhillyKP

I am in the same boat. I have already received AP which was forwarded to me by my attorney. But no sign of EAD.

On murthy.com it says we need 3 copies of AP to enter through Dulles airport. Does this mean even we get 3 copies, we can only use the approval once?

EAD and AP

LC Silence - congratulations on getting your EAD. I hadn't received it as of Saturday - but as someone pointed out, maybe it's the blackout effect. Anyways, I have left a VM for my attorneys - will see what they have to say.

For the AP, here's what the attorney had to say after mailing me 3 copies - the AP must be presented at the POE if you do not plan to enter on the H1B (assuming it's still valid, of course). They further said to carry a photocopy in the event the inspector wishes to retain a copy - which could address 2 of our concerns - the first is that only one copy might be needed for every entry; the second is that not all inspectors will keep it with them, but might give it right back (much like the initial I-94 that's printed on the I797 for the H1B).

Again, as we all know, attorneys are not always the best source of information, and I would like to hear a personal experience from someone who actually entered the country on the I-131 AP.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.