!!!! April Chennai Interviews !!!

Question about Taxes!!!

The board is very quiet and I beiieve everybody is very busy with the preparation for the interview. I have a question about the taxes. I am in USA from 1998 and have tax transcripts for federal 98,99,2000.
For 2001 I only filed 2 weeks back and I have a copy of What I filed.
Is this enough or do I have to carry all the states I filed for all these years. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

trygc

from all the successfull interviews for cp i have read it says the copy of the last tax filing is eneough.

But i also have the tax transcripts for the previous years starting from 1998.

I think you are in good shape dont worry. I lived only in Illinois for the past 4 years so i dont have to worry about other states. For that question i would advise you to carry the state filings too. But i am pretty sure they look mostly at federal tax filings.

Question about foreign exchange!!!

How are you planning to take foreign exchange - Are you carrying dollars/TC/Card. Does any body has done any estimate of money to be carried?

My estimate is:
DD: 325+325=650$+350Rs
Medical: 1200Rs
Lister: 600Rs
Local Transportation: 1000Rs
Meals/Sundries: 1000Rs for 4 days

Any inputs are appreciated.

CP Questions

Hi,

This is my 1st posting here, but I have been following this site for a while, particularly the thread for April CP\'ers at Chennai. I have my CP Interview scheduled for 19th April at Chennai. I have some questions:

1. Howmany days before the Interview should one plan to reach Chennai? Based on what I have seen in some of the previous postings, looks like all the stuff can be completed in 2 days (if everything goes well!!). What are you guys planning?

2. Has anybody already booked hotel in Chennai? Which are the reasonable hotels located near the Consulate?

3. Visa fees: If we take travellers checks (in $) form here, do you know if we can use it directly in
 one of the banks in Chennai to get DD (in Rs) for the visa fee amount?

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

srp100

2001 Tax transcripts

I filed my 2001 taxes on 27th Feb and applied for transcripts for 1998,99,2000 and 2001 on 10th Match. I received all except 2001 in 7 days. 2001 transcript took 2 weeks time which I got on 25th March.

Hope this helps...

Thanks!!!

Thanks for sharing the news. I got tax transcripts for 1998,99,2000. I filed my 2001 on 13th March and I do not have any news yet. I have my copy and W2 incase I do not get my Tax transcript in time.

No Title

Hi,
Once the Chennai consulate receives packet-3, how many days it took for you to receive packet-4 (interview letter).
Thanks in advance,
Prakash

Chennai consulate telephone nums..

Hi..
Does any one know Chennai consulate telephone num & what is the
best time to call them??

Anyone completed NVC review ?

Hi Guys,

All you guys with April Chennai interviews, are you under the new process with NVC review step included or most of you are under old process without NVC review step. If there is anyone who completed the new NVC process, can you give us time frame starting from I-140 Approval Date.

Thank you

PCC from local District Police office in India

I always thought that since I am applying for my visa from the US, PCC from the Indian embassy here should be sufficient. By my lawyer informed me just now that I have to obtain a PCC from my local District Police office in India also since my passport was issued more than 6 months ago. This is news to me.
Are others having their interviews in April getting the PCC from the Indian police offices also??

AC 140 Approved last year. Filed for CP-Chennai 2 weeks back... What Next?

Hi,
My priority date is October 2000. Its current. \'E3 Category\'.
Case number \'MDR200181xxxx\'.
Got my AC 140 approved last year November.
Filed for packet 3 at Chennai Consulate directly on March 15. (Coz I come under old rules.. No NVC Thing)
Can any one tell me when Can I expect my Interview date?

Can it be possibly in May???
I will be in India during May to attend some important marriages. Its nice to have to make only one trip.

GetItDone_Chennai7@yahoo.com
Thx

Do we have to carry a Copy of our Resume???

From the past experience can somebody recall whether resume is asked or need to be submitted at the time of interview. It is not asked in Packet 4.

Thanks

No Title

boj,

The Chennai Consulate web-site clearly says that for Indians applying for Immigrant visa from US, PCC from the local Indian Consulate is sufficient. I have double checked this with the Consulate. There is no mention about when the passport was issued. My understanding is that whether the passport is 6 months old or not makes a difference only for those applying from India. Hope this helps.

-srp100

get it done

you do stand a chance for May but there may be a possibility that you might be pushed into June.

Looking at the averages on cptracker.com you will see it as 60 to 80 days.

Best of luck

Pkt 4 Question!

Friends,

I was adviced by the Chennai consulate that I need to download the Packet 4 from the website and it will not be sent to me. The form at the website madras.sphynx.com called OF230 Part II has an expiry date on the top right corner and that is 03/31/2001. Do you think I can still use this one?

Apart from the srifx list, I think we also need this form and I134 filled up right? Please clarify on this also. Also, do I need original interview letter? Thanks guys.

Nimesh.

www.immihelp.com

nimbus,

you can download the fillable forms from www.immihelp.com from the fillable forms section. The OF230 forms are obsulete. Use the new DS230 forms. Also you need to fillout I134 forms, they are also available there unser INS section. Hope this helps.

Cool-guy

nimbus

if you have seen other postings from successfull cpers, you would agree with me.

(1) You can use the same form downloaded from the website. I also asked my attorney the same question and he said that does not matter as the new version is not out yet.

(2) I-134 is replaced by I-864 if you are doing it for your spouse as a supporting document for proof of financial resources.

(3) You dont necessarily need the interview letter. Any proof say from the website or an email from them would suffice.

I hope i have clarified all your questions

seriously speaking chicagoguy its time to fire your attroney

Chiagoguy,

From your last posting I have come to conclusion that your attroney has never done a CP or he/she is simply ignorant of the facts.

1) the new DS 230 forms are out for more than 2 months now. It can be found in a number of places inluding state department website. Search in travel.state.gov

2) ask your lawyer to understand the difference between 134 and 864. They are two different forms for two different purpose.
864 DOES NOT replace 134. If you are a employement based applicant you MUST submit 134 NOT 864.

If you are still not convinced with me send a mail to chennai consulate, you will get the above answer. 864 is for a totally different category.

3) Finally I will agree with you. A print out from the web would be enough to get into the consulate.

Cool-guy