!!!! April Chennai Interviews !!!

Recd Packet 4 and interview letter in India

I recd packet 4 and interview letter in Indian address. I am not sure what to do. Should i download the packet 4 from chennai consulate website or should i ask my parent to courier it here to us ?

I was talking to my dad and he was mentioning DS230 Part I to be taken to the interview. I thought that was sent along with packet 3 can someone confirm?

I-140 approved for CP at Chennai on 03/12/02

Hi Gurus,

My I-140 has been approved for CP at chennai on 03/12/02. I would like to know detailed procedure I should follow from now till getting the approval in Chennai.

Also, I would like to know whether PCC(Police clearance certificate) issued from CGI, Houston will be sufficient or not?

Besides PCC and Birth certificate, is there anythingelse I need to do before receiving the Packet 3?. Do I have to get any medical certificate here in USA?

Also, can anybody give me the time frame for receiving the Packet 3, receiving the packet 4 (Notification from chennai consulate) and the interview date?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

procedures

(1) your case will be forwarded to NVC. Once your packet 3 is created and sent to you, you have to send it to St Louis for further processing. Then they will forward your case to the relevent Consulate for further processing and interview. You will get packet 4 and you appear for interview. This is as far as i know but i went through the previous route so you might want to check this with your attorney or there is another forum for this discussion where you might get better answers.

(2) The PCC issued from CGI is more than eneough for people residing in US. This matter has been discussed umpteen times and if you look at people who have gone through successfull CP they will say the same thing.

(3) Do you have your marriage certificate ? If you want to do medical here it can also be done but i wouldnt suggest you to do that as every consulate has thier own list of approved doctors and labs where you might want to get your medicals done as this will create less confusion as to who is approved medical practioner and who is not.

(4) In order to get the latest processing times you might want to see a website called cptracker.com which has the old format wherein we sent our packet 3 directly to the consulate. It is like a spreadsheet and you can do your own queries and come to a fair conclusion regarding the time frames.

I hope i have answered all your questions.

Best of luck

chicagoguy

How did you make your Appt with Dr. VijayaLakshmi?? By Phone??
If so, can you please let me know the Ph Number. Thanks in advance.

yea i made appt by phone

for the phone number it is
Dr. N. Vijayalaksmi,
Padma Nursing Home,
753 Poonamalle High Road,
Kilpauk,
Chennai 600 010
Tel: 6413445, 6413446
Hours: 10 am to 4 pm, Mon – Sat

This can also be got by downloading the packet 4 from the chennai consulate website

chicagoguy

Thanks for your info. I called Dr.VijayaLakshmi\'s office last night, and had my Appointment for Medicals.

to chicagoguy

U might have forgotten but we discussed back in february in this forum. Just wanted to thank you for the advice and encouragement. After a nail biting 30 days i finally have it. My wife\'s got her interview scheduled for the 25th April.

Good luck to you and to the rest of the April Cp er\'s.

Collection of Passports after Interview!!!

CP gurus once we complete the interview, the passports are returned by Bluedart courier. Can we give any address for the courier or will the Consulate return to the Indian address mentioned in Packet 3. My Indian address is in Hyderabad, but I want to collect my final passports in Chennai at my Hotel or someother place.

Thanks Guys!!

trygc

Not at all a problem. At the time of collecting your papers (interview), they give you a sticker for Blue Dart. Whatever address you write on the sticker, is where you receive your passports. This same exact sticker is pasted on the package delivered by Blue Dart.

Hi gabbar007, question regarding DD amount for BlueDart

If i want consulate to send both passports (Documents), ie mine and my wife\'s in the same courier, what is the DD amount for the Blue Dart courier.

Also, can we give two different addresses for my documents and my wife\'s documents

Thank you

Chicagoguy, can you provide the list and order of documents needed as on the interview letter

Chicagoguy, can you provide the list and order of documents needed as on the interview letter..Thanks

Received Packet 4 at Indian address!!!

I am planning to collect it at Hyderabad. So I do not know the details. My attorneys are giving me a packet 4 here.

GCLucky

The amt. ist Rs. 250/- plus Rs. 50 per passport, so in your case it is Rs. 350/-. Also they give you only one sticker, so you will get the entire packet at one address. Why would you want to split it and collect it, cant either one of you recieve it and check the information?

Chicagoguy!!

Check with your Attorney. You need a copy of Packet 3 with your packet4. You do not need Packet 4 sent by Consulate. either your attroney can help you fill one or you can download packet 4 from website and fill it.

vsc_01_gc!!!

Could you share your personal email address with me. I have some specific questions and your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Trygc

Indian Guy

I am glad to hear about your interview date. Best of luck and i do remember us talking.

You are welcome anytime