!!!! April Chennai Interviews !!!

cool guy

Did you get a chance to read my message about the I864 form as part of packet 4 requirement ?

I didnt hear anything back from you

to chicagoguy

I have sent a mail to chennai consulate regarding this previously and there answer was 134.

Because of the previous posts and confussions, I have again sent them a mail whats the deal with 864 in packet 4.

Will post the details when I hear from them.

Keep in touch.

--Cool-guy

Extract from FAQ!!!

Who needs an I-864?

Applicants for family-based immigrant visas, including orphans. (Self-petitioning widows, widowers, and battered spouses and their children are exempt from this requirement), and applicants for employment-based immigrant visas whose relative filed the immigrant visa petition or whose relative has a 5 percent or greater ownership interest in the business that filed the petition

This is clear that only family based applications require I-864. I am awaiting confirmation from Consulate.

Thanks

Hi

We just finished our CP on 21st March. I am SURE - VERY SURE that we carried only I-134. Please take only I-134 that is sufficient.

to chicagoguy and coolguy

If it may help clear some confusion, I had spoken on a couple of occasions with Chennai Consulate and even sent a email on whether EB category applicants should use I-864/I-134, both times the answer was I-134.

On the Pkt 4 appointment letter -- This is just adding to the confusion so don\'t take it literally. For it says I-864 but they also say bring filled out copies of Of-230 part-II which per DOJ here in the US should be DS-230 Part II.

I would conclude that this letter is not being updated or either being kept upto date for reasons unknown. I am using I-134 and i hope that i am right.

thanks and regards
Indian Guy

Travel Alert!!!

Any body traveliing via Paris to India please make sure that you have transit Visa. It is a new guideline and I believe airline companies are demanding it. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Affadavit of support

Guys: I am going for CP alone and my CP is employment based. Do I still need to fill form I-864. I guess not! Right?? I appreciate to hear some expert comments

Thanks Raj

Did not receive complete Packet4

Dear fellow April CP\'ers,

My attorney had sent my local address in India in the covering letter of Packet3 to Chennai Consulate. Somehow this was not taken note of and they have sent only the appointment letter (and not the complete Packet4) to my US address. Now they are asking me to download all remaining items of Packet4 from their web-site. But, I could download only Medical information (2 pages) and DS230 Part-II from the web-site. What else is contained in Packet4? I learned from various postings in this thread that Packet4 contains a detailed list of documents to be presented for the CP Interview and also shows the order in which to assemble the documents. I feel it is a big handicap not to have this list. Can anyone of you who has received the complete Packet4 kindly post the contents of the list in this thread? If you think that will take up lot of your time, I can give you a number to which you can fax it.

I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks and bset wishes,

srp100

About Packet4

Do not get tensed so much. A majority of people who attend CP interviews from US dont receive complete Packet-4. I didnot receive it either. Several people who successfully completed their interview have posted the order of documents on this forum. Do a search and you\'ll come across a few. I posted the order I followed in my interview experience too.

Thanks gccal4

gccal4,

Thanks for sharing your experience. That makes me feel better. More than the order of documents, I am worried about making sure that I carry all the required ones - the list would have helpmed me in that. I will try to follow the list from srifx and will also look for the list posted by you. I would still appreciate if some kind soul can help me by either posting the list from Chennai Consulate in this site or by faxing it to me....

Thanks and regards,

srp100

IRS9003

Guys, from the srifx list I came across this IRS9003 form. Searched the web for it and there was a site formsassistant.com from which I have filled and printed out this form IRS9003 for both my wife and myself. I guess this should be good, please advice. Thanks.

I134

Guys, I am on H1 and my wife is on H4. Can someone with similar background send me their I-134 so that I can use it as a template for filling up mine. My email address is nimeshs@hotmail.com. I also want to know if Checking account balance can be given in the place of savings account. Thanks in advance.

I-134 is available on immihelp.com!!!

You can give any account as long as you have good balance in it.

I134

Guys, I am on H1 and my wife is on H4. Can someone with similar background send me their I-134 so that I can use it as a template for filling up mine. My email address is nimeshs@hotmail.com. I also want to know if Checking account balance can be given in the place of savings account. Thanks in advance.

Re: chicagoguy

chicagoguy,

Please fax the list to (408)-943-4724 (mark attn: srp100)

Can you post here to let me know you have faxed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-srp100

questions on srifx list

Hi,

I have some questions on srifx list. Since many of us use it as a reference, some of you might have answers:

In srifx list there is mention about OF171 (appointment letter from Consulate). But, the appointment letter I received here doesn\'t have OF171 written anywhere on it. Is OF171 a different form?

The list talks about all H1, H4 etc and the supporting docs. Does anybody know what these supporting docs are?

The list has both paystubs and paroll records. What are payroll records?

-srp100

DS230 part I

Guys,

DO we need to sign DS 230 part I before going to the interview or do we sign it there along with DS 230 part II. I\'m not making any changes in DS230 part I from what I sent in my packet 3.

thanks,
-Sidd

No Title

Hi Buddies,

I am going thro the new process, ie sending packet 3 to NVC, The packet 3 I recieved explicitly said I864 need not be submitted for employment based IV.
For secondary applicants I134 should suffice.

RGDS