!!!! April Chennai Interviews !!!

6 weeks after filing

I called the IRS and the lady informed me that they get the entire information (for current year) about the Tax return after 6 weeks from the date u file. So for the 2001 file return u can request a Tax Return Transcript after 6 weeks from the date of filing.

I ordered for my 1998,1999 and 2000 tax return Transcripts. I can request my 2001 by the end of the month.

BTW Is this Tax Return transcripts the same as the IRS9003 form or the Sailing form which ppl refer to.

Hotels in Chennai

Hi Guys,

Have any one of you reserved any hotels in chennai that are close to the consulate and are reasonable?

-Siddharth

Tax

Tax Transcripts are the IRS copies of actual returns filed. IRS 9003 is a statutory form and you can download from immihelp.com. This form can be filled by us.

Photos in New York city

Posting on this forum for the first time but followed it for a while. Has anyone tried getting their immigration style photos in New York city? Any recommendations for a good studio would be appreciated.

I only got Federal!!!

I dont think we need State. Does any body can share their thoughts.

When Would the Interview End???

Guys
When are you planning to leave Chennai on the interview day. Since we do not collect our passports in person can we leave at 11 am.

Can anybody with CP experience at Chennai post their experience.

Thanks

I got someone else\'s appointment letter as well

Hi Guys,

My parents recvd my packet 4 in Hyderabad, India. They posted it to me over here. I found that in addition to my appointment letter, the consulate guys enclosed someone else\'s appt letter as well. The name of the person is Devi Alapati. I forget the exact case number but it ends with numbers 021. The interview is scheduled for Apr 17 at 8 am (same as mine). If the person is on this mailing list, I\'d be more than happy to mail the letter to them.

thanks,
-Siddharth

packet 3 receiving date

Hi,

I am just wondering, when did your packet 3 reached US consulate
at chennai? Just like to know, what is the time frame it takes to
schedule the interview dates? What is the trend now?
Is that something like 2 months.

Thanks in advance.

trygc

It depends, initially everyone has to submit papers and it would finish around 9 AM. Then they have Oath ceremony which by that time it might be 9:30 - 9:45. Then they start calling people in random order to sign the DS-230 Part-II (interview) and pay the IV fees etc., so depending on your luck you could be free by 11AM. In my case I was called 8th or 9th in the Q and was out at 11:30 AM.

Siddharth

How long does it take for the post to get to US from Hyd. Can you post some details please. I am planning to leave on April 14th and was not sure whether it would get here by that time. So I am trying to get it posted to Chennai.

Thanks

Birth Certificate question..

Guys..
I don\'t have a Birth Certificate, but I have got "Non Availability"
certificate & Affidavit from my parents stating my DOB.
Do U think its enough?? Any one else going with same set of
docs as mine??

trygc - time for letter to reach US

TryGc,

This was actually amazingly fast. My parents posted it on Friday and I got it on tuesday. They sent it by speed post (approx Rs.400). I was really surprised. In any case, I dont think it takes more than 10 days.

Good Luck,
-Siddharth.

vsc_01_gc, trygc and nakb24

My interview is on April 19th as well. Packet 4 was received at Chennai address. I am getting it sent to me by courier. Scheduled appointment with Dr. V for April 15th evening. Good luck to all of you and looking forward to meet you on April 19th, if not sooner.

Best regards.

yup, we do

if u dont have ur birth certificate the docs u have will suffice and have ur Transfer Certificate, ( School Leaving CErtificate) and mark cards on the safe side.

Hi cp2001

Hi cp2001,

In the March Chennai Interviews thread, i came across ur questions and concerns regarding CP and Marriage.

U have ur interview in April. I assume u are planning on getting married and then attending the interview. Please post ur experience and advice. i also intend to combine CP and marriage.

Ur suggestions on this would be of great help to me.

Thanks in Advance.

Flight tickets exempted?

Is there anyone here who is going to try to get their flight tickets exempted from taxes? Does this go into this years\' taxes or the next years? Thanks.