!!!! April Chennai Interviews !!!

GC interview on April 17th

Hi Guys,

This is my first post btw.

My GC interview is on April 17th. I\'m planning to fly directly into Chennai on April 14th, get my tests done in Lister lab on 15th and meet Dr. Vijay Lakshmi on 15th evening. But seems like her office closes at 4 and the lister lab results may not be available until 4.30. So seems like getting an appointment from the doctor on 16th is the only option.

What are others (with Apr 17th appt) doing?

Good Luck,
-Sidd

sidd_hyd

Even though they say 4:30 closing time, looks like they are open till 5:30 P.M. I called them friday and took my Appointment for April\'19th 5:30 P.M.

Call me at the number given below

484-563-3424 or give me your e-mail address
I wouldn\'t like to give my e-mail address over here.

Nakb24!!!

I believe your interview is on 19th so I did not understand that you took appointment on 19th friday at 5.30 pm

I also sent you a mail.

Thanks

Chicagoguy and sollu

Hi Guys,

From what I read, you both seem to have your interviews on April 17th as well.. When are you starting from here? Are you going directly to chennai or going to ur home town and then going to chennai. I\'m planning on going to chennai directly (I\'ve asked my dad to mail packet 4 here, so that i\'ll have my interview letter with me). Any logistical issues that you can see in directly going to Chennai. We need to get enough indian currency at the airport, but outside of that I think everything should be okay, right?

Please send me ur email address and we can probably take this offline. Mine is sidd_hyd@yahoo.com.

thanks,
-Sidd

Sidd_hyd

I have already booked my tickets for the 11th and reaching there 13th morning and have taken an appointment with Dr Vijayalaksmi that evening at 5:00 pm and i have not taken an appointment with Lister Labs. I dont know whether thats required.

I will be there till 18th morning in Chennai. After my interview i will take Shatabdi to Mysore my home town on 18th and wait for the packet. I will return to US on 27th of April 2002.

I have all the documents required and i dont think we have to worry about anything except medical.

My email address is gun123@hotmail.com

sidd_hyd & chicagoguy

I have booked my tickets to reach Chennai on the 11th. You dont need to make an appointment for Lister labs. I have made appointment with Dr. Vijayalakshmi for 12th. My parents live in Chennai so I dont have any logistical issues with the regards to accomodation, indian currency, etc. If you guys need any help, I would be glad to ask my family to provide that.

My email address is oraapps@yahoo.com. Let us take this offline and co-ordinate.

Sai

Tax transcripts

Did anyone got thier Tax Transcripts for 2001 from IRS??
I got for 1998,1999,2000, and not able to order 2001 from
IRS automated Phone number. So, is it Ok if I just take a
copy of my Tax filing papers from H&R for 2001?

Tax transcripts

I talked to the employee in our immigration dept here and she says that we dont need tax transcripts at all. You can take ur latest W2, tax returns, bank stmts and pay stubs and that should suffice. I\'m planning to take my current yr tax return and last yr tax return.

Anyways, how did u get the tax transcripts from IRS. How long does it take.

thanks,
-Siddharth

sidd_hyd

you call IRS on a number 1800 something 1040 and you talk to someone and ask them to send it and it will take about 4 weeks before you get it. You can search for the number on this website.

sidd_hyd

You call a automated phone number 1-800-829-1040 and enter your SSN and the years that you are requesting these Transcripts, and you will get them with in 10 days.

Tax Transcripts!!

I got mine for 1998,1999,2000 and I believe you cannot get for 2001 unless it is accepted. so You will be fine with latest W2 and Copy of return filed.

Hotels in Chennai

Hi Guys,

Have any one of you reserved any hotels in chennai that are close to the consulate and are reasonable?

-Siddharth

thought everybody should know this from another posting

For immigration, we have to go to Lister Labs Corporate Services on the same road a couple of blocks away. Must reach there by 1030am to get the report same day. You better have the breakfast. It doesn\'t matter.