April 2013 Asylum Applicants

Travel Document

I have my asylum approved in sep 2012, I wanted to travel to India as i want to sell all my property before i live here forever, I was told i could travel from nepal with no problem. As i could just drive from Nepal to India and come back the same way , i was planning to go there for 30 days . I have a Refugee Travel Document and will be applying for my green card in september 2013, Can some one please give me the best advice, i would really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my asylum approved in sep 2012, I wanted to travel to India as i want to sell all my property before i live here forever, I was told i could travel from nepal with no problem. As i could just drive from Nepal to India and come back the same way , i was planning to go there for 30 days . I have a Refugee Travel Document and will be applying for my green card in september 2013, Can some one please give me the best advice, i would really appreciate it.

I understand that you would like to go to your COP to sell property. Are you no longer afraid to go back to the COP?

I don't know the particulars about traveling from Nepal to Indian, but I know for sure that you will have to list all countries you have traveled to on both your Green Card and Citizenship applications. You can lie about not visiting your COP, but if that lie is ever discovered, you will be stripped of any immigration benefits and even your citizenship and the U.S. will be closed for you forever.

So, please, do consider this when you make a decision.

Thank you guys for your supporting posts, and I am happy hearing from you. Wish you the best and success.

Hey guys...guess what?! ...... "GRANTED Indefinitely" :D
Grant date is the same as interview date: June 3
Today I Born again and wish it for all of you. thank you for your posts and crossed fingers.

They gave me I-94, and some other papers which talks about benefits. officer said: don't apply for EAD, we will send it for you in 2 weeks.

hey guys...guess what?! ...... "granted indefinitely" :d
grant date is the same as interview date: June 3
today i born again and wish it for all of you. Thank you for your posts and crossed fingers.

They gave me i-94, and some other papers which talks about benefits. Officer said: Don't apply for ead, we will send it for you in 2 weeks.

congratulations ! :)

Today I Born again and wish it for all of you. thank you for your posts and crossed fingers.

They gave me I-94, and some other papers which talks about benefits. officer said: don't apply for EAD, we will send it for you in 2 weeks.
Wooow!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations!!!! It was really fast compare to the rest of us here. Enjoy your new life!

Congratulations :)

You can't imagine how happy I am after reading your good news!! :))) congratulation!! You brought back happiness and hope to us!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Congratulations :)

Wooow!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations!!!! It was really fast compare to the rest of us here. Enjoy your new life!

congratulations ! :)

You can't imagine how happy I am after reading your good news!! :))) congratulation!! You brought back happiness and hope to us!

Thank you a lot, I hope you guys recieve good news related to your asylum application in coming days. You deserve the best.
Wish you success and happiness

Tt

Thank you for your reply, The question i had was there is no way for them to find out as is will not show up on my TD,Please advice .

Thank you for your reply, The question i had was there is no way for them to find out as is will not show up on my TD,Please advice .

You want us assist you in committing a visa fraud? Are you serious?

What is wrong with you?

There are so many people who legitimately fear going back to their countries, and because of people like yourself, their applications get rejected as USCIS becomes more suspicious of asylum claims. And, unlike you, they have to go back to their COPs and face illtreatment or even death.

Congratulations, Persian. Enjoy your new life :)

interview decision

hi friends

I find this forum very good and it helps a lot. I would like to know some thing about interview decision. I filled my application in January 10,and the called me for interview which I went 18th June. But the interview turn out to be different. The Ao never asked me a lot of question about my statement, instead she was asking me about the embassy information which was different with my application. I was help in filling the application of visa because I was still in hide out. am still in fear of returning to my country can the way I came affect my asylum.pleace need advice

hi friends

I find this forum very good and it helps a lot. I would like to know some thing about interview decision. I filled my application in January 10,and the called me for interview which I went 18th June. But the interview turn out to be different. The Ao never asked me a lot of question about my statement, instead she was asking me about the embassy information which was different with my application. I was help in filling the application of visa because I was still in hide out. am still in fear of returning to my country can the way I came affect my asylum.pleace need advice

Can I ask in which office you filed?
And what do you mean by difference? Is there any conflict in your main information?

Can I ask in which office you filed?
And what do you mean by difference? Is there any conflict in your main information?

it was SAN FARSICO. the asylum application detail was different from the information in embassy that i obtain my visa.but am wondering can the way i came affect my asylum.

it was SAN FARSICO. the asylum application detail was different from the information in embassy that i obtain my visa.but am wondering can the way i came affect my asylum.

The different was i expected them to conduct interview on why i fear to go back funny they didn't ask me they just ask if i have any additional evidence and they remove my embassy record and they told mi it was contradicting my i-585
but i told them i didn't apply i was help.

I am very happy for you man! I just feel you made my day! I was very worried and I couldn't dare to come here to see the result, now I feel happy and wish you the best days ahead.

Would you please share with us your experience? as you know I don't have lawyer, did you? and what evidence and documents did you have? can you please tell me your story? and how you answered the tricky questions. you know any thing you share with us can change a person's life forever!

Congrats for your new life! I wish you peace and happiness!