April 2013 Asylum Applicants

Its been exactly 70 days from my fingerprint date and still awaiting the interview appointment. I ahev applied through Arlington office.

Wow!, Thank you Tasy for the feedback. Let keep each others hopes high and encourage each other through this difficult and slow moving immigration process. I get my peace by knowing that I am not alone in the battle. Once again, thank you for sharing with us your waiting period. I wish you all the best as you wait for an interview date.

Waz!

Hello Guys.

I am Oguz. I have just seen this forum and read all post for this threat. Let me talk about my case a little bit. My wife is from Palastine, Gaza and I am from Turkey. Last year, almost her first year was about to finish of entering USA, we applied for her for asylum status (around 29 August, 2019). We went for fingerprint around September 10th and for interview October 1st of 2012. She was granted for asylum as of 2nd February, 2013.

As am a graduate student here and has J-1 visa which is valid through August 31st, 2013, i have applied for derivative asylum. My application was received by March 29, 2013 and had fingerprints takes as 15th April. 2013. Since then I am waiting for interview or notice of decision. I am not sure if I am suppose to have an interview. I read that it takes around 5 months for the decision.

Is there anyone with similar cases?

Hello Oakkas,

Welcome to the forum. Its a wonderful place to meet new friends and share experiences as we await for our immigration processes. Congratulations to your wife for winning her asylum. Based on your case, I would like to ask a few questions:-

1. Were you guys married before she filled for her asylum?
2. Did she include you in her asylum application as the husband?

Part of my questions are to ascertain why your status did not change when your wife was granted asylum. in Most cases when one spouse seeks asylum, they normally include the partner and all children under the age of 18. So when one partner wins asylum its normally a win for the whole family and the other family members are allowed to change their status based on the principal asylum seekers status. This is what is called derivative asylum.
I would advice you to seek the counsel of an attorney to help you out in your case. All the best in your app and again congratulations to you and your family.

Waz!

Thank you waz .i hope you receive good news to soon.it took mi 6 months to go for interview but i heard in chicago is kind less time i wish you all the best

Thank you waz .i hope you receive good news to soon.it took mi 6 months to go for interview but i heard in chicago is kind less time i wish you all the best
Congratulations Nunka, I am so happy that you managed to get your approval letter. I am certain you shall get full asylum and soon a green card. Wow!!.. That's wonderful news. I am still waiting for my interview at Chicago, I have not yet received a letter to attend my interview. Its been 53 days since i got my receipt. I hope i shall get my interview letter soon. Thanks for the encouragement, I am happy that you have your approval letter.

Thanks Waz for you valuable comments.

Yes we were married before she filled the application. We decided to not include me in her cases because I am from another country and i do not have same situation that she has in her country.

Hello Oakkas,

Welcome to the forum. Its a wonderful place to meet new friends and share experiences as we await for our immigration processes. Congratulations to your wife for winning her asylum. Based on your case, I would like to ask a few questions:-

1. Were you guys married before she filled for her asylum?
2. Did she include you in her asylum application as the husband?

Part of my questions are to ascertain why your status did not change when your wife was granted asylum. in Most cases when one spouse seeks asylum, they normally include the partner and all children under the age of 18. So when one partner wins asylum its normally a win for the whole family and the other family members are allowed to change their status based on the principal asylum seekers status. This is what is called derivative asylum.
I would advice you to seek the counsel of an attorney to help you out in your case. All the best in your app and again congratulations to you and your family.

Waz!

Hello guys am new in forum .i hope most of you have experience regarding on asylum .

CASE TYPE I589 Application for Asylum
NOTICE DATE January 22, 2013
PRIORITY DATE January 18 , 2013
FINGER PRINT TAKEN January 28, 2013

Am waiting interview date and I send them mail on march they reply my mail as below .is any one have the same case please share your experience .

Your asylum application is pending in our office. An asylum interview will be scheduled in the future as soon as resources permit. Please allow 60 days from today's date before making an inquiry on your case.

Sincerely,

Michelle Henderson
San Francisco Asylum Office
PO Box 77530
San Francisco, CA 941407

Asylum intervew

yodtesfa;hello guys am new in forum .i hope most of you have experience regarding on asylum interview.
I received

Am waiting interview date and I send them mail on march they reply my mail as below .

Your asylum application is pending in our office. An asylum interview will be scheduled in the future as soon as resources permit. Please allow 60 days from today's date before making an inquiry on your case.

Sincerely,
PO Box 77530
San Francisco, CA 941407[/QUOTE

Is any one have experience before .can I send them mail again ? Any advice .

yodtesfa;hello guys am new in forum .i hope most of you have experience regarding on asylum interview.
I received

Am waiting interview date and I send them mail on march they reply my mail as below .

Sincerely,
PO Box 77530
San Francisco, CA 941407[/QUOTE

Is any one have experience before .can I send them mail again ? Any advice .

i dont have but i went to the la asylum office and they didn't answer me

Last edited by a moderator:
Any good news?, Anybody?

Waz!

Unfortunately nothing new!
I just know about asylum quarterly meeting which was today!
I don't know when they are going to publish the report!
The reports may show the reason of this delay!

Unfortunately nothing new!
I just know about asylum quarterly meeting which was today!
I don't know when they are going to publish the report!
The reports may show the reason of this delay!
I hope they took a decision on the meeting for all who is waiting for interview or decision more then 1 month to give approval automatically! :))))) Would be greate! And problem with waiting line will be solved.

I hope they took a decision on the meeting for all who is waiting for interview or decision more then 1 month to give approval automatically! :))))) Would be greate! And problem with waiting line will be solved.

Hahaha! Wow! Imagine! Even thinking about it is tempting and cheers you up!
:)))))

nothing new here checking usci web site every morning every night hoping to at least get my work permit i have 2 engineering degrees and cant work any were i try not to be depressed but some times i think iam just a case number not some one who trying to survive on a country with no family or connections worried that if i contact any one back home iam going to put there life in risk
sun will always rise and shine after a dark long night

i can't believe it , 6 months waiting just for interview
i forget a bout asylum , i waiting for my EAD and find a job
i hope we hear good news a bout us

I heard a rumor.
New officers have been trained.
They rake backlog cases in the office in San Francisco.
I think that this month will begin to send out invitations for an interview.