April 2011 Filers

Have just received email telling me they have approved the EAD and that I will receive the notice in the mail. Does anyone know when I might receive the actual card, and does it include my AP, because that's the bit I really need, as I'm travelling very soon? I have requested expediting and have contacted my local congressman, so that's all in process, but if they've approved my EAD, does that mean the AP approval will follow very shortly, and therefore, the all important card!??

Day 1. April 27th: I-130,I-485,I-131 and I-765 sent by FedEx to CHICAGO DROPBOX
Day 2. April 28th: Delivery confirmation: signed by P.CHYBA
Day 8. May 4th: USCIS confirmation by email/text message
Day 8. May 4th: Cheques cleared
Day 11. May 7th: NOAs received in mail (Notice Date 4th May)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics notice received in mail (Appointment date: June 6th 2011)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics done (WALK-IN)
Day 23. May 19th: Request for initial evidence received in mail
Day 27. May 23rd: Sent initial evidence via USPS
Day 31. May 27th: EAD Approved

Day ?. AP/EAD Received
Day ?. Interview notice
Day ?. Interview date
Day ?. Green card received

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-130/I-485 was filed on 12-Apr-2011..I have not received the Biometrics notice yet and I am concerned. Is there any body else on the same boat?

Have just received email telling me they have approved the EAD and that I will receive the notice in the mail. Does anyone know when I might receive the actual card, and does it include my AP, because that's the bit I really need, as I'm travelling very soon? I have requested expediting and have contacted my local congressman, so that's all in process, but if they've approved my EAD, does that mean the AP approval will follow very shortly, and therefore, the all important card!??

In Feb 2011 USCIS started issuing EAD/AP on one card, however, not everyone gets the combination card till date.

I do not know what the criterion for getting a combined card is, like my case, I got my AP in a few weeks but EAD followed much later.

USCIS also began an initiative to make it easier for petitioners to track their immigration documents, below is the link - you may wanna call them and see what has been sent and when.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

All the best pal!

My I-130/I-485 was filed on 12-Apr-2011..I have not received the Biometrics notice yet and I am concerned. Is there any body else on the same boat?

You can call the NCSC to track that however biometrics is a tricky one.

Technically it has a processing time of 30-60 days, in my case I was told that since my app was received on the 18th of Feb USCIS had time till 18th April to send me one and that I should call back after 18th if I still don't have the appt letter in my hand by then but as you can see I did get it much earlier.

This is a pretty emotionally daunting process, keep the faith and it will all work out :)

All the best!

Hi all, good morning.. Just a quick question.

I mailed my husbands I130, i485, i864, i765 and g325 forms on 5/12/2011. On May 19, 2011 i got text with recipt numbers and got his Biometrics appt 5 days later. I am going to try a early walk in.

Since i didnt send the I-693 with his application will he be able to get a work permit before i send it in or i have to have that completed and sent in before andything else. Thansk for you response

Hi all, good morning.. Just a quick question.

I mailed my husbands I130, i485, i864, i765 and g325 forms on 5/12/2011. On May 19, 2011 i got text with recipt numbers and got his Biometrics appt 5 days later. I am going to try a early walk in.

Since i didnt send the I-693 with his application will he be able to get a work permit before i send it in or i have to have that completed and sent in before andything else. Thansk for you response

Probably not....I had a friend that went through the same thing. Couldn't move the case along since the medical report was not done. What i will advise is to go ahead and find a civil surgoen from this USCIS website or google and serach USCIS civil surgoen and go ahead and get it done because they will request it. You can even call them up at that 1800 number and tell them that you forgot, got it done, and need to know where to send it. Good luck CTNNurse

How long do I have to wait to see my case status online? My case status keeps saying this:

•Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Anyone else have this problem?

They usually say 7-10 days I think. Mine was up within 2-3 days....don't worry though

Update...

My lawyer called me yesterday to say that she received the NOA's in the mail (I received them today). And now I'm not sure what to do. I've already cancelled payment on my cashier's checks and had new checks issued (as per USCIS 800#/lawyer's recommendation on day 45), so now those checks are going to bounce when USCIS deposits them.

The USCIS 800# said I have two options from here:
1. Withdraw current application and re-submit
2. Wait for USCIS to figure out the checks are bad and they will send a letter notifying me and I have 14 days to submit a new payment (via credit card over the phone/check by mail)

What are your thoughts on the best way to proceed??

Thanks!

Update...

My lawyer called me yesterday to say that she received the NOA's in the mail (I received them today). And now I'm not sure what to do. I've already cancelled payment on my cashier's checks and had new checks issued (as per USCIS 800#/lawyer's recommendation on day 45), so now those checks are going to bounce when USCIS deposits them.

The USCIS 800# said I have two options from here:
1. Withdraw current application and re-submit
2. Wait for USCIS to figure out the checks are bad and they will send a letter notifying me and I have 14 days to submit a new payment (via credit card over the phone/check by mail)

What are your thoughts on the best way to proceed??

Thanks!

I wouldn't withdraw the case. I thought you did the right thing in notifying them that you had cancelled the checks. Since you already know that the checks are no good, I would probably find out where I should send the new checks asap (especially if you have a time constraint eg opt or h1-b). I hope that they do not charge you any fees for returned checks. It may take days for them to figure out the checks are bad....3 days to get back from the bank, 3-5 days to prepare the notification and have it mailed back to you...(all my estimates).....All the best!

Been VERY quick for me guys...I requested expediting for I-131 as need to travel. Also, got in touch with my local congressman who TOTALLY rocks now!! He sped up the whole process...as you will see below!! Should be receiving my AP in the mail any day now!

Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics notice received in mail (Appointment date: June 6th 2011)
Day 31. May 27th: AP/EAD Approved
Day 38. June 3rd: AP/EAD Mailed
Day ?. Interview notice
Day ?. Interview date
Day ?. Green card received

YESSS!!! received my AP/EAD combo card in the mail today WOOP WOOP!! took 41 days from start to finish. brilliant. now just waiting for interview letter...

Day 31. May 27th: AP/EAD Approved
Day 38. June 3rd: AP/EAD Mailed
Day 41. June 6th: AP/EAD RECEIVED!!!!
Day ? Interview notice
Day ? Interview date
Day ? Green card received

I just wanted to update the board for future applicants that may be in my position....

I received the three notifications today that my checks did not go through (only took about a week to receive them) and like the 800# told me, I have 14 days to pay the amounts by credit card or new bank check.

Also, they include a $30 returned check fee.

Finally got the AP/EAD!!! NO INTERVIEW DATE AS YET. Good luck everyone else

Last edited by a moderator: