April 2011 Filers

Hello Everyone!

I mailed my paperwork out on March 31 so I am going to consider myself an April filer. Seems most of the March filers have really made some progress so I am excited to see if mine will go as fast! So far so good as my check was already cashed on April 6th! I'm getting so excited!!!

All the best with your applications you guys :)

I am from the Feb filers thread...hope everything goes well with each one of you!

Any questions, feel free to ask...we are all here to help to the best of our knowledge :)

One suggestion: Add you ASC and Do to your signatures right from the get go and you will find it easier to get your doubts/questions answered.

Hi I am from Alexandria, VA and I applied for my wife. the following is our time line:

April 4th - Mailed package - day 1
April 5th - Received - day 2
April 7th - Checks cashed - day 4
April 11th - NOAs received - day 8 (notice date April 6th)

Hey guys!

Once again, pls update your ASC/DO in your signatures so we know where you are from and can answer your questions and doubts easily :)

GC through marriage
We decided to go through a lawyer (we don't think our case is straightforward) so our times may be off from others, but I'm glad to see what to expect. If I get any good info from the lawyers, I will pass it along :D

DO: Hartford, CT
Day 0 - April 11 - Lawyer sent I-130, I-485, I-765

oh....and I wish I remembered if my email/cell numbers were on the forms. Is that why everyone is getting emails/sms??

oh....and I wish I remembered if my email/cell numbers were on the forms. Is that why everyone is getting emails/sms??

If your lawyer filled out a form G1145 for E-Notifications you'll get the emails and or txt messages, otherwise you have to wait for the hard copies.

In case anyone on this thread is freaking out, I filed on March 18th with a G-1145 and haven't heard anything from USCIS till today. Told to contact them after 45 days if I don't receive an NOA. I don't understand how they can be so random with people's timelines!

In case anyone on this thread is freaking out, I filed on March 18th with a G-1145 and haven't heard anything from USCIS till today. Told to contact them after 45 days if I don't receive an NOA. I don't understand how they can be so random with people's timelines!

@neologizm

trust me I can understand your frustration buddy.

NY being one of the busiest ASC's there is a high volume of cases they process.

USCIS across the board has never been prompt about their timelines but what I have experienced is they will for sure catch up on your processing eventually.

Have you had the chance to go on the USCIS website and look up your ASC/DO processing times?

Follow this link and it may give you a better idea.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

All the best pal & hang in there...

Hey, everyone, I have a question about walk-in bio metrics...What is this? Can I actually walk into the office any day and any time although my bio metrics are scheduled for April 26th? I see from the timelines that people do it but how did they figure it out? There's no mention of walk-ins in the bio metrics notice...Will they let me in the USCIS building if I have a different date on the notice? And if I do it, will it fasten the whole process in any way? Thanks!

Jeez...So sorry to hear that!!! I thought Brooklyn would be the worst... Good luck, neoligizm!!!

@Nellisardelli

A walk-in is when you have a set biometrics appt however you choose to go to the ASC much earlier and finish the process.

Go through the Feb filers thread, we had a couple from your area who I wanna say did walk-ins.

There is def a certain day/time that you should try your luck to do a walk-in and generally the ASC allows it as they are not over loaded, usually empty :)

All a walk-in does is give a boost to your processing for everything that follows after (like the EAD production, IL etc)

However, having said that, lemme also mention that there are times when the ASC sends you back and asks you to come on the day of your appointment as per the NOA.

All the best :)

I am filling for the process like you all. Good luck to everyone

Welcome to this thread cheitib

I am from the Feb filers thread but hop in and out of here to help as I can, just like a lot of us do :)

All the best for your process and do not think twice to ask for any info you may need or any doubt you may have...we do our best to relay what information we have form our experiences.

Do update your ASC/DO in your signature, it helps a lot in comparing your timeline with other incase they share the same locations.

Was originally in the Feb Filers but my paperwork got sent back TWICE:( Hopefully 3rd time will be the charm:)