April 2011 Filers

Hey Russian,

WHat do they want you to bring to the interview? They only asked me for my birth cerificate from Serbia (translated) which I have and my proof of citizenship,so I'll just take my passport--but I think we'll take everything--just in case!!

This is just to share my mother's AOS timeline.

Timeline:
4/26/2011 - Filed I485, I-130, I-765
5/2/2011 - NOA received
5/10/2011 - RFE received
5/14/2011 - Fingerprinting (walk-in)
6/7/2011 - EAD sent
6/10/2011 - Interview notice sent
7/12/2011 - Interview date (no decision made at interview due to missing I-130 at interview)
7/18/2011 - Approval notices sent for I-130 and I-485
7/21/2011 - PR card sent

The card has not been received yet but even with some complications, the process moved pretty fast.

Received my notice for the interview - it's all coming together nicely!

Day 1. April 27th: I-130,I-485,I-131 and I-765 sent by FedEx to CHICAGO DROPBOX
Day 2. April 28th: Delivery confirmation: signed by P.CHYBA
Day 8. May 4th: USCIS confirmation by email/text message
Day 8. May 4th: Cheques cleared
Day 11. May 7th: NOAs received in mail (Notice Date 4th May)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics notice received in mail (Appointment date: June 6th 2011)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics done (WALK-IN)
Day 23. May 19th: Request for initial evidence received in mail
Day 27. May 23rd: Sent initial evidence via USPS
Day 31. May 27th: AP/EAD Approved
Day 38. June 3rd: AP/EAD Mailed
Day 41. June 6th: AP/EAD RECEIVED!!!!
Day 65. June 30th: Interview notice received
Day 104: Aug 8th: Interview date

Day ? Green card received

Got my interview done today and my green card was approved!! Yay!! Good luck to everyone else! Make sure you have all your evidence - photos, bills, leases, bank statements!! it makes the process much easier. And thanks to forums.immigration.com for all your help!

Got my interview done today and my green card was approved!! Yay!! Good luck to everyone else! Make sure you have all your evidence - photos, bills, leases, bank statements!! it makes the process much easier. And thanks to forums.immigration.com for all your help!
where was your interview? We would like to hear your experience

finally after almost 10 yrs..the green is here

Today I received the approval on my family based GC that was applied on Apr12th..The IO called me to inform that he is cancelling my employment based GC and approving the family based GC. The FB GC interview was on July6th and it was not approved since the employment GC file was not at the local office. I did not do anything to move the file from TSC to local. The IO was a great fellow..who approved the FB GC on a very timely manner, that proved that even USCIS can be efficient, I think it all depends on who handles your case. It was a long journey of almost 10 years...Thank you all for your tips and support..wish you all best of luck.

where was your interview? We would like to hear your experience

Interview was in Dallas. Went really well. We were basically verifying the information on the form. We went it, swore, reviewed the form, brought additional pictures, answered very basic questions such as - where we met, what were my inlaws names, where I worked - basically a review of the information that was on the form. Got in an out of the interview in about 20 minutes!! Finally received my green card in the mail today!!

Hi everyone!

We are APPROVED. We got there at 8:55 am. Appointment was set at 9 am. Waited about 25 minutes. The guy called us and it was the same IO that gave me my citizenship test. I asked him If he remembered me and he laughed and said Hooney I do like 10-20 of these a day!. He went over all my hubby's info on the I485 form, asked when we got married and said you will recieve green card in the mail very shhortyl!!! I was in shock, it was great. We were in the room for less than 10 minutes. The same day like 3 hours later I got an email saying the card ordered and in production

I still can't believe it!!!

Thank you everyone for all your support!!!!

Interview was on 7/27/2011 in S.F. we completed that and got "pending" as our decision. Then yesterday (8/6/2011) we got out approval letter. The green card should be here in 3 weeks max.

Congrats! Would be nice if you gave some details on the interview.

Interview was on 7/27/2011 in S.F. we completed that and got "pending" as our decision. Then yesterday (8/6/2011) we got out approval letter. The green card should be here in 3 weeks max.

everybody has moved on to their interviews and we still have not received our interview letter yet. it's been more than a month since we got the EAD. Should we be worried? Any advice on how to follow-up?

yesterday I received my GC..and this is what my online status states..USCIS is becoming too customer friendly

Card/ Document Production
The USPS reported that your new document was delivered on August 10, 2011, directly to the address we had on file. If you did not receive your document, or have any questions, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Got the greencard in the mail today, finally finished. Now going to keep documentation for the renewal in 2 years. Thank you everyone!

We got hubby's GC in the mail on Wednesday 8/10/11

:)

Good Luck to upcoming interviews & CONGRATS to everyone who's been Greened!!

Got the greencard in the mail today, finally finished. Now going to keep documentation for the renewal in 2 years. Thank you everyone!

Dman,

What is your expiration date on your GC? HOw do you know if it has conditionsor not? My husbands expires on 08/05/2011. They gave us a 10 year card. I think it's because we've been married for 4 years? How would I know if it has conditions?