April 2010 filers, please post here.

Are you planning to go walk-in for boimetric appointment? will they allow us to go walk-in for biometric appointment before your appt. date?

The original appointment date was inconvenient for me and people told me to go for a walk-in. I did and it went well. They did not look at my appointment date and gave me a number like every one else. The whole thing took less than an hour plus 3 hours of driving !!

Big mistake --- bounced check on submission Please advise.

Hi everyone.

On April 15 I have mailed my paperwork along with checks to Chicago Office. Even thought I wanted to include money orders instead of checks in the package, my attorney insisted on checks and I went with that. Well on April 21st I have received a delivery recepit that mail was delivered and signed for. Well on april 28th I have loged in to my bank account to see if any checks were withdrawn, only to find out that a first check for 930 dollars has been returned insufficient. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hmmm that is a shocker and complete panic attack to follow. Took me a while to come to my censes, where I have remebered that I did write a check from that account over a month ago and it was only cashed on 28th. (Really want to do something that bad to that very nice individual) Well now I am staring at a record of a bounced check for 930 dollars that was written for my I-485 application, and since there is no other record for the other two checks I hope I have enough time to run in and make cash deposit first thing in the morning, so there is sufficient funds for at least two other checks. If someone is familiar with such situation can you please advise what is the consequence of a bounced check. Is my case will be put on hold? Is it going to be rejected? Are they will re deposit. Honestly I have already heard a bunch of horror stories from my friends about delaying my case for the next two years bla bla bla. Can someone please advise. Thank you very much.

Hi everyone.

On April 15 I have mailed my paperwork along with checks to Chicago Office. Even thought I wanted to include money orders instead of checks in the package, my attorney insisted on checks and I went with that. Well on April 21st I have received a delivery recepit that mail was delivered and signed for. Well on april 28th I have loged in to my bank account to see if any checks were withdrawn, only to find out that a first check for 930 dollars has been returned insufficient. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hmmm that is a shocker and complete panic attack to follow. Took me a while to come to my censes, where I have remebered that I did write a check from that account over a month ago and it was only cashed on 28th. (Really want to do something that bad to that very nice individual) Well now I am staring at a record of a bounced check for 930 dollars that was written for my I-485 application, and since there is no other record for the other two checks I hope I have enough time to run in and make cash deposit first thing in the morning, so there is sufficient funds for at least two other checks. If someone is familiar with such situation can you please advise what is the consequence of a bounced check. Is my case will be put on hold? Is it going to be rejected? Are they will re deposit. Honestly I have already heard a bunch of horror stories from my friends about delaying my case for the next two years bla bla bla. Can someone please advise. Thank you very much.

mockba419, I suggest you check with your lawyer first, but from what i know,they will reject the forms and will send you a letter as to your options. You can also call 1-800-375-5283 ( USCIS) and ask the question. You should be able to refile with a certified check. Good luck.

Hi everyone.

Sorry that this happened to you but if i may ask did you send the checks with the anticipation of having the money in the account or what?Anyway i think your application will be rejected and returned for you to re-apply maybe this time to be sure, send money order or cert check.Your lawyer should b in to advice.

Got FP Appt

following are the details
04/12 sent to uscis chicag
04/14 received by uscis
04/19 emails received
04/20 checks cashed
04/22 Noa Received for 485, 130, 751 and 131

Got FP appt; for may 20th -- no update on online status; not sure if they update the online status for biometrics...

Received NoA and noticed that I-130 has my mother's middle name missing though I485 and I-130 were correct. Called USCIS and have put in a service ticket.

Anyone knows how many days does USCIS take to correct the issue? Do they inform you once they fix it?

Does this episode has potential to delay the case in any way?

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something similar happened to my mom's application. On one of the NOAs she received back (and only one), her name was misspelled. She called in, and they corrected it over the phone. A week later she received a confirmation in the mail of the correction. I assume the same will happen in your case. Hope that helps?

Received NoA and noticed that I-130 has my mother's middle name missing though I485 and I-130 were correct. Called USCIS and have put in a service ticket.

Anyone knows how many days does USCIS take to correct the issue? Do they inform you once they fix it?

Does this episode has potential to delay the case in any way?

Thanks all.

following are the details
04/12 sent to uscis chicag
04/14 received by uscis
04/19 emails received
04/20 checks cashed
04/22 Noa Received for 485, 130, 751 and 131

Got FP appt; for may 20th -- no update on online status; not sure if they update the online status for biometrics...

I don't see updates online for Biometric appts.

Anyone else in our little group doing their I-130 w/o the I-485 -- not adjusting the status in the US while this is processing?

hi travelvice,

here is one.

i'm going to mail my 130 today.

do you know where the appropriate thread is?

Not yet recd my boimetric appointment? Anyidea how many days it takes usually for Dallas,TX office?

Sent on 04/03
Recd Dt 04/05
Check cashed 04/14
Notice Dt : 04/13
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17

Sent application on 04/03
Application Recd Dt 04/05
Check cashed 04/14
Notice Dt : 04/13
Recd NOA x 3 on 04/17
Recd FP Notice X2 on 05/06 for 05/27 ( for I485 and I 765)