April 2010 filers, please post here.

Rabin

Registered Users (C)
April 2010 filers, please post your progress here with you district office so that others can share there experience with you.

Hi Rabin,

In the final stages of putting together my documents will be sending them off next week...Wish me luck!

April 2010 Filers

Mailed my application on 3rd April, USCIS recd. it on 5th April.
No receipt confirmation so far.

Hi,

Two questions, probably dumb but I really appreciate your answer. I think the answers should be helpful to new filers so I post them here:
1- I see that people say they receive emails from uscis. how? I applied for AOS and on the required forms no question asked for email.
2-How can we make an account at uscis.gov. I fill in the form (name, address, password, password verification, etc.) and when press "submit", nothing happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dedonde,

When you submitted your documents you should have fiiled out a G-1145 which gives you confirmation of recepit of documents

Hi Dedonde,

When you submitted your documents you should have fiiled out a G-1145 which gives you confirmation of recepit of documents

Thanks. So, Is there anything I can do now?
Have you been able to create your account online by going to "sign-up for case updates"? Because I cannot do it, even though it recognizes my receipt numbers.

April 2010 filed

Spouse GC Petition(I-130,I485 etc) filed on April 2nd 2010.
Notice date April 9th,
Receipts Received on April 14th 2010.

Check cashed

My check cashed on 04/14

Sent on 04/03
Received on 04/05
Check cashed 04/14

Received Biometric Appointment letter

Spouse GC Petition(I-130,I485 etc) filed on April 2nd 2010.
Notice date April 9th,
Receipts Received on April 14th 2010.
Received Biometric Appt letter today(04/16).(Appt.Date: 05/04)

DEDONDE2, If you are a March filer you should be posting your progress and questions under March filers thread.

Hi,

Technically I am an April filer: uscis received my application on April 1st. Now please don't say why I have posted on the march filer thread.

plus, the time line is in my signature. as for many other people. this is a much better thing to do as any update automatically updates the signature at the bottom of your previous posts too.

Hi everybody,
I'm in the final stage too, gathering all needed documents to send it next week.
I have a question concerning my I-864 form, since I just lost my job last month and my husband managed to get his relative as a joint sponsor, he his 2009 income is above the required limit and he also filed taxes for 2008 and 2007, I mean he fulfill all requirement as a sponsor.
but I'm worried about my I-864 because I currently have 0 income, I did file 2009 income tax and I have all w2's for this year, but since i worked for couple month in 2008 and i had some income I didn't file it to taxes because i was dependent to my mother at this time and she forgot to include my 2008 w2, and I can't even remember my 2008 income, and I lost my w2. I don't really know what to do I'm really confused, and I would appreciate any help or advise.
Thanks , and good luck for all

Joining the thread as I mailed the package today for my mom. Hope to have a good journey with you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Technically I am an April filer: uscis received my application on April 1st. Now please don't say why I have posted on the march filer thread.

plus, the time line is in my signature. as for many other people. this is a much better thing to do as any update automatically updates the signature at the bottom of your previous posts too.

DEDONDE2, I sorry about that, it was just a suggestion.

Well in I864 you have to show your last 3 yrs income. If that does not fulfill your req. go on the basis of your Assets.
If you lost ur W2 that is not an excuse that you do not pay your Income Tax for 2008. Get a dupicate copy and file your IT.

Hi everybody,
I'm in the final stage too, gathering all needed documents to send it next week.
I have a question concerning my I-864 form, since I just lost my job last month and my husband managed to get his relative as a joint sponsor, he his 2009 income is above the required limit and he also filed taxes for 2008 and 2007, I mean he fulfill all requirement as a sponsor.
but I'm worried about my I-864 because I currently have 0 income, I did file 2009 income tax and I have all w2's for this year, but since i worked for couple month in 2008 and i had some income I didn't file it to taxes because i was dependent to my mother at this time and she forgot to include my 2008 w2, and I can't even remember my 2008 income, and I lost my w2. I don't really know what to do I'm really confused, and I would appreciate any help or advise.
Thanks , and good luck for all

Walk-in for Biometric appointment

Hi,

Are you planning to go walk-in for boimetric appointment? will they allow us to go walk-in for biometric appointment before your appt. date?

Sent documents for my wife..
following are the details
04/12 sent to uscis chicag
04/14 received by uscis
04/19 emails received
04/20 checks cashed
04/22 Noa Received for 485, 130, 751 and 131

waiting on FP appt