approval expectations

gcissue123

Registered Users (C)
Would people like to share their views chances of approval within the next 2-3 months for I-485 filed in the month of June and with PD current in Sept visa bulletin (barring any inordinately long time in name check)?
I filed my I-485 in June in EB2 with PD of 2003 and just want to figure out what my chances are.

I filed in July 2006 with PD of 11/2002 EB-2

My approval expectations are pretty low.

Would people like to share their views chances of approval within the next 2-3 months for I-485 filed in the month of June and with PD current in Sept visa bulletin (barring any inordinately long time in name check)?
I filed my I-485 in June in EB2 with PD of 2003 and just want to figure out what my chances are.

Your chances of approval within 90-120 days of filing an I-485? Next to zero.

Well you forget the approvals are dependent on a process calle "Name check".....and clearing that in 90 days would be harder than say running as the the next republican candidate for presidency and winning it......but stranger things have happened and if you DO get an approval in 90-120 days......go and buy the state lottery the same day.....doesnt do harm to be GC holder AND be rich.....:)

What is the phone number to call NSC IO

Any phone number where I can call NSC IO directly? Please let me know

number to call NCSC

is the number to call National Customer Service Center.

gcissue123:
Getting AOS approved in 3-4 months is highly unrealistic but as with anything related to USCIS, you never know. They have proven to be consistently inconsistent with any/every thing.
Assuming your PD remains current all throughout, a 6-8 month timeframe for AOS will be optimistic given that your name check is cleared quickly.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost true, but with all inconsistencies of USCIS, there have been quite a few approvals for June '07 filers from TSC this month. See trackitt and this very forum!

I think 6-8 months is a good target to hang one's hope.

Your chances of approval within 90-120 days of filing an I-485? Next to zero.

Well, trackitt.com does show some I-485 filed in early June that have gotten approved. The most recent one it showed filed on 06/07/2007 that got apporved within 60 days in early August.

The RealCanadian says that the approval is next to zero. Not true. There are quite a few approvals - USCIS is inconsistent.

The RealCanadian is in EB3 so maybe for him it is zero. But gcissue123 is EB2 - so his chances of getting approval is better than any EB3 guys.

The RealCanadian says that the approval is next to zero. Not true. There are quite a few approvals - USCIS is inconsistent.

Again, which is why I said next to zero. It is technically possible for him to be approved, but it's exceptionally unlikely. I wouldn't make any plans that bank on a speedy approval.

The RealCanadian is in EB3 so maybe for him it is zero.

My chances are zero because I do not have a pending I-485. But if I did, my date would be current in September. ;)

Guys name check expedition DOES NOT DEPEND ON CATEGORY OF FILING!!! I am EB1 and have been current since 1 year and yet I am waiting in the name check balck hole.....once you file your 485....ALL categories are the same. The fast approvals that people have been talking about on trackitt have been of people whose LC has been done at least 4 or more years ago. The trend seems to approve people with older LC and those waiting for a long time. Also if you are from a retrogressed country like India/ China.....then forget about a fast approval because your name checks will take longer. People from European countries get approved faster and dont count them in your statistics...so not to sound discouraging but thats how things stand as of now.....having said all that as I mentioned before....YOUR LUCK might be different....its ALL luck after you file 485.....

NameChecks taking longer for applicants from retrogressed countries..! Now how did you reach this unfounded and uncorroborated relation :p

Guys name check expedition DOES NOT DEPEND ON CATEGORY OF FILING!!! I am EB1 and have been current since 1 year and yet I am waiting in the name check balck hole.....once you file your 485....ALL categories are the same. The fast approvals that people have been talking about on trackitt have been of people whose LC has been done at least 4 or more years ago. The trend seems to approve people with older LC and those waiting for a long time. Also if you are from a retrogressed country like India/ China.....then forget about a fast approval because your name checks will take longer. People from European countries get approved faster and dont count them in your statistics...so not to sound discouraging but thats how things stand as of now.....having said all that as I mentioned before....YOUR LUCK might be different....its ALL luck after you file 485.....

Now, all my EB1 and EB2 Russian friends (non-retro ROW) would disagree, almost all on them get stuck in NC for 12+ months. So go figure ..

I think a lot has to do with how easily the FBI and CIA can get information from foreign governments about an alien. It wouldn't surprise me if overall, it took longer for name checks for Chinese, Indian, Russians, etc. etc. and it doesn't have anything to do with retrogression - only that some countries that are backlogged may also take longer for name checks.

I say "overall", since there are always exceptions. My name checks went very quickly (although I have a relatively unique name) but I know of a Canadian (who posts here) who's been stuck in the NC for several years now.