approval expectations

FBI and CIA do not contact Russian gov't agencies with namecheck stuff, that's for sure.

I agree 100%, they do not request any info from gov't sources.

If they had contact, everybody would know (from your friends/co-workers in your original countries) that someone asked your background regarding your GC application in US.

But it does not happen....

I am EB3 India with PD Aug 2001.
My RD is June 6, 2007. Got EAD and AP. Done with FP too.
Before the infamous Oct Bulletin, I thought , I would make it before the next year dawns. But now....that seems a remote possibility......

Strange things happen!!

I was hoping for EAD or AP approval... look what happened instead :D :D. Filed June 10th... did my FP on Sept 13th! No letter welcoming new resident, no LUD, nothing! Directly this!!! I still dont believe my eyes!!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN0xxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 17, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something
from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card,
call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as
we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

I was hoping for EAD or AP approval... look what happened instead :D :D. Filed June 10th... did my FP on Sept 13th! No letter welcoming new resident, no LUD, nothing! Directly this!!! I still dont believe my eyes!!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN0xxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 17, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something
from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card,
call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as
we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
Congrats ...

would you know all the LUDs on your I485 ...if you do , please share with us...

my 485 RD,ND and FP dates are pretty close to you but looks like I am stuck somwhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats ...

would you know all the LUDs on your I485 ...if you do , please share with us...

my 485 RD,ND and FP dates are pretty close to you but looks like I am stuck somwhere

No LUDs on 485... thats why i was so shocked... directly this email!!

No LUDs on 485... thats why i was so shocked... directly this email!!

Looks like unless they start doing this to every approvable application they have they will waste a lot of time and visa numbers by the end of this month/year again.

Why are you always so negative and pessimistic?

Hello TheRealCanadian,

I have been wanting to ask you this question for a long time. While you seem to give some useful insights into several immigration issues, I have also seen some of your posts that imply pessimism and negativity. Let us take this post for example; the chances of I-485 getting approved within 90-120 days of filing the same is next to zero.

There were at least two applicants who had filed their respective I-485s on June 12, 2007 and June 20, 2007 have gotten their approvals more than a week back. That makes the approval within less than 90 days.

What is your response to the above mentioned approvals??

There used to be a guy around here with 'United Nations' as his ID who used to sell his expertise on immigration matters. Are you the same guy? I hope not.

Sincerely - IE

Your chances of approval within 90-120 days of filing an I-485? Next to zero.

Last edited by a moderator:
While you seem to give some useful insights into several immigration issues, I have also seen some of your posts that imply pessimism and negativity. Let us take this post for example; the chances of I-485 getting approved within 90-120 days of filing the same is next to zero.

Because I've been following USCIS and INS for about a decade now, and I speak based on my experiences with said agencies and the experiences of others. Those naturally lead me to some pessimism.

There were at least two applicants who had filed their respective I-485s on June 12, 2007 and June 20, 2007 have gotten their approvals more than a week back. That makes the approval within less than 90 days.

Fair enough. Now please tell me how people filed an I-485 in June, and how many people were approved in less than 90 days; I'd venture it's an incredibly small number. It's fair more accurate for me to state that the chances are next to zero and have a few people approved, then for me to say that someone can be approved at any time, when the vast majority of people will not.

What is your response to the above mentioned approvals??

Single anecdotes != data.

There used to be a guy around here with 'United Nations' as his ID who used to sell his expertise on immigration matters. Are you the same guy? I hope not.

No. Some people may not have agreed with him, but he really knew his stuff.

Well - you'll both get approval whenever USCIS wants, no matter what you think. You can be optimistic and think that it's possible that it will be within 90 days or pessimistic and think that it will take 10 more years.
But the fact is that what you think (optimistic, pessimistic) is not worth sh*t.
You will get your approval whenever THEY want.
You can talk about it until your tongues turn blue - it will not change anything.

Well - you'll both get approval whenever USCIS wants, no matter what you think. You can be optimistic and think that it's possible that it will be within 90 days or pessimistic and think that it will take 10 more years.
But the fact is that what you think (optimistic, pessimistic) is not worth sh*t.
You will get your approval whenever THEY want.
You can talk about it until your tongues turn blue - it will not change anything.

This makes sense...:p :p
However if the approvals do not happen before Sep 30th, there is no urgency in the next month to do those. I hope thes fu....do not waste visa numbers again....