Applying GC for parent

ASHTON KUTCHER

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone give me time frame on applying for parent I know it is approx 6 mths for her to get her temp doc's question is she was her and left 1 week ago and will not be back for anothe 8-9 mths should I apply for adjustment of status here or abroad ?

Will USCIS require appt for interview for 69 yrs old person? or is it best I mentioned she is aways and all can be done abroad?

I think it would be best they send her GC here at this address to me and I can mail it to her overseas so she can travel back with it, is this possible or she will have to attend an interview here in the USA if I req for AOS here ?

Thanks Ash

Can anyone give me time frame on applying for parent I know it is approx 6 mths for her to get her temp doc's question is she was her and left 1 week ago and will not be back for anothe 8-9 mths should I apply for adjustment of status here or abroad ?

Will USCIS require appt for interview for 69 yrs old person? or is it best I mentioned she is aways and all can be done abroad?

I think it would be best they send her GC here at this address to me and I can mail it to her overseas so she can travel back with it, is this possible or she will have to attend an interview here in the USA if I req for AOS here ?

Thanks Ash

File I-130 for her and once gets approved by USCIS then they will send her file to NVC then NVC will ask affidavit of support from you and will transfer her case to Consulate and consulate will inform her about Immigrant visa interview date and for medicals. Total time may take 6-8 months if you have all the papers ready like her Birth certificate, marriage certificate and you prove by documents that she is your mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485

Thanks for all the info, so i-485 is not needed in her case correct since there are no AOS here , pls confirm.

Ash

Thanks for all the info, so i-485 is not needed in her case correct since there are no AOS here , pls confirm.

Ash
file I-130 with all the required papers and fees to correct address. I-485 is not needed as she will get her Immigrant visa from US consulate (US consulate and US embassy are out of US)