• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Applying for dv visa for the first time

Lazy_Boy

Hi

Im planning on apply for an dv visa for the first time, but I have some questions I hope you can answer

How do I set my printer to scan with 24-bit color depth? Im using a hp deskjet f2180
And how do I choose the resolution?

How much money do I need to not be considered a public charge?

And if I get a green card, is there any rule when I have to go there? And do I have to have a job there before I leave?

Thanks for all answers

How do I set my printer to scan with 24-bit color depth? Im using a hp deskjet f2180
And how do I choose the resolution?
Read the manual and do a search for the other questions.

very funny Mak1z :D

Lazyboy Do a search for a post posted by Catseye, within that you will find most of the details that you require. Re time limit to leave...6months. Funds required ..single person $10.000. No job required but if you do have one then that is an added bonus. Good luck.

If you continue to have problems get back to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking of applying this year as well. I am a Canadian citizen but a Hong Kong native by birth. Suppose I do win the DV-lottery, could the US gov still find reason to deny me a visa on the grounds that I am not in the right occupation or have enough work experience or lacking a bachelor's degree?

I am thinking of applying this year as well. I am a Canadian citizen but a Hong Kong native by birth. Suppose I do win the DV-lottery, could the US gov still find reason to deny me a visa on the grounds that I am not in the right occupation or have enough work experience or lacking a bachelor's degree?

If you have a high school diploma, you should be fine!