• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

jsub

Hi all, new here!
I wanted to invite stories from DV winners or anyone who is a native/born in an eligible country but has a citizenship from an ineligible country? For example, I was born in Nepal, (also my parents) but I have a British citizenship. However, my place of birth is clear - Nepal, even my British passport.

I have read the guidelines numerous times and I understand it states country of birth for eligibility but recently had correspondence with a “visa processing” agency who informed me that an error message will show up when I enter my British passport details to immediately disqualify me from the process.

So what I wanted to do is just get real life experiences of people who are/were in a similar situation to me. Did you get immediately disqualified? We’re you selected and if so, did you have an issue because of this down the line?
Thanks a lot!

Run, don’t just walk away, from that so called “visa processing” agency. They clearly provided you with some inaccurate information. There’s no such thing as some error message showing up as soon as you enter the information from your ineligible country’s passport, and instantly disqualify you. That is just a load of bulldcrap!

There are many successful Dv winners like that, either born or cross charged to spouse’s country. Please avoid this agency who clearly knows nothing.

I am assuming you have not entered yet, so please (1) make sure you enter yourself with no agency involved (2) make sure you only enter on the official website, which will be open for about a month during Oct/Nov; the entry form will appear on the website closer to that time https://dvprogram.state.gov/ anything open for entering before then is not official.

If you are in fact a DV2022 winner please join the thread for them https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2022-all-selectees-consular-processing-cp.344333/

I have been wondering how one can get selected in the DV lottery selection final stage. So many atimes I have applied for this programme but has always been disqualified during slection. Considering the condition of our countries these days, one need to relocate to another country for a better greener paster. I have came across so many articles on DV Green Card Lottery application registration. The challenge am having now is getting the right information and steps to go about the coming American visa lottery application.

Help a Brother!

I have been wondering how one can get selected in the DV lottery selection final stage. So many atimes I have applied for this programme but has always been disqualified during slection. Considering the condition of our countries these days, one need to relocate to another country for a better greener paster. I have came across so many articles on DV Green Card Lottery application registration. The challenge am having now is getting the right information and steps to go about the coming American visa lottery application.

Help a Brother!
Why did you say you were “disqualified“ during selection? Did you do something to disqualify your entry (like entering more than once in the same year)? If not what happened was simply that you just weren’t picked. It’s a lottery with maybe a half a percent chance per year to get selected. It is much more surprising to be selected than to not be selected.

There are many successful Dv winners like that, either born or cross charged to spouse’s country.
What does cross charging mean really? My husband is Colombian (doesn't qualify) and I am Romanian (do qualify) - can he apply, selecting as country of chargeability Romania?