Applying for a US passport - STICKY

I intend to apply for a same-day passport in New York. Any idea if they can issue the larger passport booklet, plus the passport card?

I don't think they will be able to issue the same-day passport card - it involves a more complicated technology (polycarbonate materials).

Will the accept the application at the same time, though, and charge me only one acceptance fee or whatever and give me the two for one deal?

Documentation Question

Ok so I have a question about the documents needed for applying. Is it just the naturalization certificate that is needed when applying for the passport. That's what I thought I read, but my mom's friends keeps insisting that I have to add my birth certificate. Can someone clarify please. I just became a citizen last week and I plan on traveling in Jan. I just want to make sure I get my passport back in time.

Do they need to keep my Certificate of Naturalization when I submit my passport application? I am a bit weary of letting it out of my possession while my passport application is being processed. I do not understand why I need to do this. Am I misreading?

Is there any advantage to do expedited processing for passport? Will they still need to keep the Certificate of Naturalization?

Last edited:
I became a US citizen and now I want to apply for US passport. Do you know how long it will take from the moment I submit my application?