Applying AC21, Urgent help needed

sri789

Registered Users (C)
I am on my 3rd EAD extension.
I am planning to change companies using AC21.

I am submitting AC21 documents for me.

What will happen to my spouse I485 file ?
Do i need to file anything seperate for my wife ?

We both are working on EAD.
some one who gone thru same situation, please shed some light.

I am submitting following documents
AC21 letter
new employer offer letter(with same job description and job code)
1 new paystub
I140 approval notice
I485 reciept
EAD copy

Do i need to add anything more ? I don't have labor approval copy. I know the job code and salary mentioned in labor.

I am getting into trouble ?:(

Case details
EB3 - PD - 11/2001
On 3rd EAD extension.
FP1 and FP3 over.

thanks in advance.

Hi Guru's,

please answer my above questions.

i don't have h1b backup. I am also planning to apply G28.

thanks

I am on my 3rd EAD extension.
I am planning to change companies using AC21.

I am submitting AC21 documents for me.

What will happen to my spouse I485 file ?
----------------if you are PRIMARY then only you file for AC21, spouse dont need to file
Do i need to file anything seperate for my wife ?
-------------NO
We both are working on EAD.
some one who gone thru same situation, please shed some light.

I am submitting following documents
AC21 letter
new employer offer letter(with same job description and job code)
1 new paystub
I140 approval notice (not needed, but if you send it is not going to hurt)
I485 reciept ( it is must)
EAD copy (not needed if you send no harm)

Do i need to add anything more ? I don't have labor approval copy. I know the job code and salary mentioned in labor.
------------- the permanent job offer letter of employer with same/similar job duties is enough
I am getting into trouble ?:(

Case details
EB3 - PD - 11/2001
On 3rd EAD extension.
FP1 and FP3 over.

thanks in advance.
you need to send:
cover letter with your name, I-485 filing reciept # DOB, A# your address, date, signature and request to invoke AC21 + copy of I-485 filing reciept+ new employer permanent job offer letter + 1-2 paystub copy of new employer if you have.
if sending through Lawyer then only you need to sign form G28.if sending directly no G28.
** if you have changed to address after filing I-485 then update your new address with USCIS where your I-485 is pending by writing a letter and also update 1-800NCSC. update it for you and your spouse.

I consulted with two lawyers about change of job by invoking AC 21. Both of them have confirmed that there is no need to file AC 21. AC21 is regulation which allows applicant whose 485 has been pending for 180 days with 140 approval to change the same/similar job.

ginnu,
thanks alot for you replies.
I moved to a new address after I485 filed. But i already send ar11 at that time.
you mean to say, i need to send change of address details again with this
AC21 ??

xyr888,
It won't hurt if you file AC21 in advance.

thanks.

ginnu,
thanks alot for you replies.
I moved to a new address after I485 filed. But i already send ar11 at that time.
------------------form AR11 does not change your address on pending petitions with USCIS

you mean to say, i need to send change of address details again with this
AC21 ??
-------- you can send with AC21 documents they may update or not. best option is to write to USCIS service center with your name, pending I-485 reciept #, your A# , your DOB (if spouse has also pending I-485 then she also need to send letter) to service center where I-485 is pending. send it with certified return reciept and out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Request to change address on pending I-485

**** also call up I-1800NCSC and make request to change the address on pending I-485. Call up AND also send letter
xyr888,
It won't hurt if you file AC21 in advance.
-------------that is correct
thanks.
Here is full info for address change:
1 file form AR11 for address change ( it will not chage you address on pending petitions with USCIS)
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your pending I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485 letter need to be signed by spouse with date and reciept# of pending petitions) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your I-485 reciept # name, DOB, A# on cover letter so that you get fingerprinting notice at your new address. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE for Pending Form I-485 ( or any other application).
4 if want to use AC21 THEN if the past company lawyer filed I-485 then better change your lawyer and fill up new G28 with your new lawyer and he can update USCIS that he represent you and can mail form G28 to sevice center, he can also make a request to chage your New address on Pending I-485 and he will get if any RFE, if you dont change any RFE will go to past lawyer
*** do the all 1,2,3,4

ginnu

thanks alot for your detailed reply.
i will do as you said. anyway i will try to meet my new attorney
this week.

thanks once again.

what is your guess on PD-11/2001 (EB3) to get GC approval ???:confused:

Change of address while 485 pending

Hello Sri789: Did you change your address within the same city/state or outside the state? I want to know if one can change the address or relocate out of state with the same company/position while the 485 is pending.

Any inputs wil be appreciated.

thanks
amvar

hi am_var

i moved to a new place with in the same state and filed ar11, called 1-800 #.

I think it should be the same even if you move out to a diferent state when your I485 is pending.

Address change while 485 pending

Sri789: Thanks for the response. So one can relocate to another state within the same company while 485 is pending. Thats good news as that might be a possibility for me at work.

thanks

ginnu

thanks alot for your detailed reply.
i will do as you said. anyway i will try to meet my new attorney
this week.

thanks once again.

what is your guess on PD-11/2001 (EB3) to get GC approval ???:confused:

-----------NO guess for PD at this time

--------

Is there a way to get my labor certification (750A and B) from USCIS ?

I know my job title and salary mentioned in my labor application.
If i can get a duplicate copy of my labor then it would much easier to apply ac21.

Please let me know which form to fill and how much time it takes to get back the labor duplicate copy form USCIS ?

did anybody applied for this ?

thanks

Documents

If i can get a duplicate copy of my labor then it would much easier to apply ac21.

Please let me know which form to fill and how much time it takes to get back the labor duplicate copy form USCIS ?

thanks

Ask your Attorney for the paperwork. He/She should provide you all the documents by law.

---through FOIA (may take time to get)

------------------search for FOIA
----- search the threads for FOIA
thanks
----------------

AC 21 qs

Hi,
I am on my 2 ead and my wife too.
I am planning to leave my job from a community heath center who filed my gc.
Joining a private entity has the risk fo getting fired easily. So i am thinking of joining another health center.
I have to give a three month notice to my present job . for eg. If want to join another center at end of july, I will have to give notice in april at my present job. So the present employer will cancel the pending the I 140, hopefully after my last day of work.
I can have all other papers ready to send out before July end but i wont have the paystubs.
How do i solve this issue ????
is their a better way to do this.
thanks
a

LUD's after applying AC21..

After applying AC21, there is a LUD on my I140 and I485.

Is this common or something happening to my case ?? :confused:

Please let me know if someone noticed any LUD after applying AC21 .

thanks

Case details
EB3 - PD - 11/2001
On 3rd EAD extension.
FP1 and FP3 over.

thanks

Case details
EB3 - PD - 11/2001
On 3rd EAD extension.
FP1 and FP3 over.

When we applied AC21 we have seen LUD on 485, but not on 140.

Sri789 Did you file your own AC21?

thanks

Case details
EB3 - PD - 11/2001
On 3rd EAD extension.
FP1 and FP3 over.

Sri789 Did file you own AC21? or you went through lawyer. I am planning to send AC21 as I have changed job before 2 months and my PD has become current ( PD dec 2002). My case is very straight forward. Same employer for past 5 years. This was very small company and I have now joined one of the giant companies in US. Lawyer is asking for $600 for AC21 which I think is too much. Thanks,.

I am actually sending my documents next week and I seriously think the lawyers demanding too much for this. I think they are cashing the PD movement as well...I don't blame them but would it hurt if you send the paper work directly to CIS instead?