Application for H4 visa if you are already Canadian PR holder

pinu44

Hello everyone,

I have few queries to ask my husband is a H1B visa holder and I am Canadian PR holder and I also have B2 tourist visa and I usually travel with it to visit him, we got recently married.

My question here is do I need to apply for H4 visa as I don't stay in US much as I work in Canada, is it ok if I keep my B2 visa for my future visits?

And my second second is if at all I apply for H4 visa, will it might have a chance to be refuse as I work in Canada and will be travelling and to and fro USA and Canada.
If at all I tell officer during my visa interview.

Any help will be much appreciated.

If you have no plan of living in the US with your husband and only intend to visit now and then, you should just keep your B2 visa. No point in applying for a H4 visa which is intended for residing in the US with the H1-B visa holder.

Hello everyone,

I have few queries to ask my husband is a H1B visa holder and I am Canadian PR holder and I also have B2 tourist visa and I usually travel with it to visit him, we got recently married.

My question here is do I need to apply for H4 visa as I don't stay in US much as I work in Canada, is it ok if I keep my B2 visa for my future visits?

And my second second is if at all I apply for H4 visa, will it might have a chance to be refuse as I work in Canada and will be travelling and to and fro USA and Canada.
If at all I tell officer during my visa interview.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Hi Pinu44, curious to know what you decided for the H4 vs keeping b1? I am in a similar situation and would appreciate your response.