APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION Denial Notice

pipabest

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

Just checked status of my Application and found out that it was denide. I dont know yet why I will wait for notes to come in a mail, but right now just wonder if anybody had same problem? What could be a reason?

It happened to me twice right after I got granted asylum. There was a technicality about a 150 day waiting period before I was supposed to apply. I thought I was counting the days right, but I guess not. I ended up giving up and didn't apply anymore. As an Asylee I managed to get by without it.

They will deny you unless your old/current work authorization is going to expire in 90 days.

some of the common reasons... application not signed, incorrect fees... etc

Wait for the denial notice and keep us updated, and prepare a new application to be sent

Good luck

Hey guys,

Just checked status of my Application and found out that it was denide. I dont know yet why I will wait for notes to come in a mail, but right now just wonder if anybody had same problem? What could be a reason?

pipabest,
You did not tell us the whole story. Last month, you said that you applied for asylum again on March 2009 and you haven't received the receipt notice from the asylum office. You also said that the reason for applying again was that the court sent your application back to the asylum office.

Please give more details so that other forum members can give you a good suggestion. Good luck and God bless you.

That is absolutely correct. My first case got "lost" Asylum office said they sent it to IC and IC said they sent it back, that why I applied for asylum again in a March since that point I didn't received any notices that they received my application. My EAD almost expired that why I applied for renewal. I spoke with my lawyer yesterday and he got at list some info for me, he said that Asylum office has my case and they dont want to open it till Im in a legal status( I was F-1 student) but from this summer I quite from school. So far this is whole story.

don't quit school.
I am not being pessimistic but its not 100 % sure you'l win the case. So why burn the ship? as a student you're at least legal here.

That is absolutely correct. My first case got "lost" Asylum office said they sent it to IC and IC said they sent it back, that why I applied for asylum again in a March since that point I didn't received any notices that they received my application. My EAD almost expired that why I applied for renewal. I spoke with my lawyer yesterday and he got at list some info for me, he said that Asylum office has my case and they dont want to open it till Im in a legal status( I was F-1 student) but from this summer I quite from school. So far this is whole story.

Are you saying that asylum office doesn't make the decision if the applicant is in valid F-1 status? This is the first time I hear that.

there is something fuzzy here... in addition this is what the lawyer said !!! it is either you get a new lawyer or get an interpreter.

pipabest did you ever get in mail any receipt notice for your asylum case? the first one or the second one, you said No... but why? shouldn't you get one?

yes I got receipt from first time when I applied. About school I probably will go back in December for Master program.

Bro I really dont know why I didnt get it second time. Im planning to meet with my lawyer on august and may be got and talk to Asylum office. I know I have really weird case.

Ok guys, I got little bit more information. I got a letter with explanation why I got denide. Letter stated that because I didnt show up for my interview I cant get a EAD renewal. Ok just to make sence to evereyone I will put all story.
In June 2007 my family and I we all applied for Asylum. Couple month later my sister got a noties that because she didnt show up for interview her case was sent to IJ, but she never received it. We went to court and because we all one family they decided to put all our cases together. Judge schedule hearing for may 2008. In feb 2008 I got a noties that person receiving to show up for interview, but it was impossoble to read anything there, what time and what date wasn't even readable, it looked like machine that prints it run out of ink. My lawyer wrote a letter to asylum office that we cant read the date and time and if they can send new one or reschedule this one. We didn't receive any answer back. In may I went to see IJ with my family and judge said that they dont have my case they never received it, at that point Judge decided to review our case separate person by person and hearing for my sister and mom was schedule for Feb 2009. In same date I went to Asylum office to explain them all situation and show that it wasn't my fault that I didn't show up for interview. Officer told me that my case was sent to IC and I have hearing in a October 2008. Closer to that date my lawyer got a letter that because we are one family our cases will be reviewed together ... From that point I didnt hear anything about my case. My mom and sister were granted Asylee in Feb 2009, if Judge would have my case in his hands at that time I would get it as well. In June 2008 I applied for EAD and in end of july I received one without any problem, and nobody saw that I didn't show up for my interview. Today I had appointment with INFOPASS and officer told me that my case right now is in National Warehouse, and it was closed. Office suggested to to write a letter with all photo copies of all my papers and send to Service Center.

At this point I have no clue what should I do. I applied second time for Asylum but I never receieved any noties that they got my application. Probably I will go to Asylum office and will apply in person.

This is my plan, I want to meet with my lawyer and make it clear that I need a result, not just bouncing around situation.

Pipabest,

You need to step it up for your own sake. Write and call your Congressman and provide his/her office with a copy of the document with the faded print (the one you were not able to read) to try to have your case reopened. A few years back, the asylum apointment notice was indeed printed on a carbon copy like blue sheet (about 5"X8" in size). I can easily imagine it coming out impossible to read.

My friend had her file sent to a field office in California when she actually lives in Maryland. She had never set foot in CA! They claimed she had made a request and/or change of address, and that's why they sent it there. It took her 2 years to get her file sent back to Baltimore MD!! Thanks to Congresswoman Barbara Mikulsky.