Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

Ram,

I think many things halped the petition to be aproved so quickly...like having all papers put in order, he checked with the local INS if they were filled correctly, the congressman asking about...even the office being less busy...
yes, I am sure, we also got letter from NVC today...I guess it is a question of luck also...so good luck to you and your wife...

bayana

That is encouraging bit of info.Now are you going to contact your home country embassy for a k3 ? Also ask your husband if he contacted the local congressman for the 129f?

Thanks

Ram

yes hie did contacted him...he wrote him and he called at his office. A lady that works at the office wrote him back...she cjhecked with the INs, i suppo9se she was resspo9nsible for the thing...
Yes, i'll contact the Embassy

good luck...

bayana

I got my oath ceremony done today. I will be applying my I -130 in a day ot two.

Now could you please tell me which country you and your husband belong to. I have a feeling the country could also play a role in the I-129f.I'am in USA and my wife is in India.

Thanks

Ram

he's us born citezen, i am romanian-east europe.I see pepole from canada waiting a lot-so maybe it is not so imortant were you are from...
good luck

Re: anyone who is interested!!

Originally posted by monkeyknux
hi to anyone interested in k3?

NOA MSC June 13th 2002
I-129F Approval Dec 2nd 2002
NOA NVC Dec 17th

Called the NVC on 603 3340700, got through on the 3 attempt, they are open between 8am and 3.45pm EST. They forwarded our case to the US Embassy in London on December 17th.
They also gave me a case number.
Just waiting for an interview date now, I have the paperwork all downloaded and the US Emb gave me a fax number to send it through to when they are ready............

will keep you posted........Lisa

Where did you download the paperwork from?

Thanks

Does anyone know if you have to submit an I-485 to adjust the status of a spouse after the K3 has been approved or just wait for the I-130 to be approved?

Papeg

Once I-130 is approved then only you can apply for I-485. K3 is only for the spouses entry visa with which the spouse can get a work permit, which is helps a lot in USA. I believe I-130 takes a long time atleast more than a year and I-485 takes even longer.After I-485 is approved you are a Green Card holder , can get your passport stamped and normally the green card is mailed after a few months.

Thanks, I also found the info in the INS web site. I says you need both an approved I-130 and I-485. The I-485 is $300 and like you said, it takes a long time, INS says 2 years.

I have another question. The K3 visa is good for 2 years so does my wife have to go back to her home country for a new visa or can we get an extension in the US?

Papeg

I'm still in the I-130 receipt receiving stage.I mailed my I-130 to Mesquite Tx on 04/28/2003.I got the postal return receipt today and they (BCIS) received my I-130 on 04/29/2003 since I had sent my I-130 through next day delevery.

I think that 2 years is a long time for the I-130 to be approved.I'am almost positive. I expect that after 2 years k3 can be extended /renewed and it makes sense as a spouse of a us citizen that too being already in USA for that long.You might call 18003755283 the BCIS tollfree tel number for the information. Hopefully I wont face that situation in my wives case and my wifes I-130 should be approved in 18 months.

durgum

congratulation !!!! i am happy that finally your done with your citizenship,
but we are not done yet with bcis ,my timeline for I130 for my wife is similaire to yours ,except that i am using a lawyer even do i could do it myself ,and i am dealing with vermont .

we can start a new thread ,keep each other updated
good luck!!!

menael

Thanks.Please post your info about the I-130,I-129f.

I mailed my I-130 on 04/28/2003

Got my notice of action (I-130) on 05/07/2003

Mailed my I-129f on 05/07/2003

I always mailed my I-130,I-129f by next day us postal service.The I-130 WAS reveived the very next day as Ithe return receipt showed the day stamped on it as 04/29/2003

Now I'am waiting for the I-129f receipt

Last edited by a moderator:
My UPDATED TIMELINE for a k3 visa as I just received the NOA from CHICAGO for my I-129f today.

I mailed my I-130 on 04/28/2003

Got my notice of action (I-130) on 05/07/2003

Mailed my I-129f on 05/07/2003

Received the first NOA on 05/12/2003

which says it may take 60 -180 days to process and also has a number to call for the status enquiry.

Last edited by a moderator:
durgum
sorry for the delay ,i bought a nother house so i was busy trying to fix it as quick as possible before i put my new tenant in .
i called my lawyer yesterday ,still no respond yet from vermont ,i start to worry about it now ,i wonder why its taking long time to send the receipt .
i see that you are ahead ,i am happy for you .
sometimes i think i wish i have done myself ,its a waste of time that i used a lawyer ,i wonder if i can take care the matter myself from now on or its too late because i already had a lawyer .
hope to have some news soon .
keep me updated since you are almost there .
or may be its taking to long because ,i filed before as a resident so they have to find that file first ,and then upgrade it to citizen .
i don't i hate to be in such confusion when my citizenship only took 10 months and i did it myself .wait and see

I-130 & I-129f/k3
Time line for I-130 & I-129F

May 02, 2003 send I-130 to Vermont Service Center
May 14, 2003 received first NOA
May 14, 2003 send I-129F/K3
Now waiting for first NOA for K3.

K3 Visa

I am just wondering the timeline for approval of I-129F/K3 visa is different from person to other, I can see in this form some peoples get approval as soon as 15 days and also peoples waiting for 4 months. BCIS/MSC has nothing to do with the country which is K3 visa will bee issued, they only look at the file and approve it then they send it to the national visa center in NH. So why they take long time for some peoples and already K3 visa design to reunification of spouses.

Update

I-130 & I-129f/k3 Update
Time line for I-130 & I-129F

May 02, 2003 send I-130 to Vermont Service Center
May 14, 2003 received first NOA
May 14, 2003 send I-129F/K3
May 23, 2003 received first NOA for I-129F/K3