Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

Eren

Registered Users (C)
I just had an idea to open up a new discussion for those who already filed or about to file the I-129F with the Chicago INS for the K-3 visa. Let\'s start sharing your stories here i.e. when filed, date receipt received, when the case will be approved, interviews at the embassy and etc., etc.

It should be interesting to see how long this process of receiving the
K-3 visa will take. I, for instance, will be sending my papers in to Chicago on Monday, 8/27/01.

K3 visa, along with I-130

Ok, ya all, I will share only what I belive to know, but don\'t take me at my word k... First I want to welcome all to this new discussion, I am very knew here myself. I have filed my I-130 petiton Aug 3rd,2001. Today August 28, I did file my I-129, for K3 visa. So it is very early to tell, what is going on, but I will do my best to keep you all update, for I feel for each and everyone of us. This has been a hard time seperated from my husband, and I pray to god, each and every night to find a solution. Mary

No Title

Mary, what documents did you send to Chicago along with I-129F that proof you already filed I-130? Also, which center did you file the I-130 at?

I sent my I-130 on June 8 in California. On August 27, I sent I-129F to Chicago.

My check for I-130 was cleared yesterday

Today, checked my account and my check for filing I-130 has cleared yesterday. It took almost 3 months!

Now that I filed the I-129F day before yesterday to Chicago, I don\'t know if I should just wait and see if they will ask me for extra proof that I filed I-130. Well, at least now I have good proof :) But it is a little too late. :(

Received my NOA for I-130 with the case#

Came home and got in the mail the NOA with case# for I-130. If I should have known two days ago, I wouldn\'t have sent my I-129F without this notice.

No Title

I have my oath on 05-Sep-2001.
Can I file for both I-130 and I-129F at the same time i.e on
the same day ?

with regards,
Suri V

Fiance K1 Visa Approval

Hi All,

I just received the approval notice for my K1 fiance petition. My fiance is currently in New Delhi, India.
Anyone here who has recently applied knows of the time frame it takes the INS to send out a package
to the Consulate in Delhi. Someone told me it might take as long as 3 months for the approved petition to
reach Delhi. Is that true??

Thanks,
Shelley

You may not be able to file both petitions on the same day

Suri,

One of the documents required for filing the I-129F is the proof that you have filed the petition I-130 at the regional INS center. That evidence is typically the notice of action/notice of receipt from the regional center. You can also try and send in the courier receipt or mail confirmation for the I-130 delivery as the evidence. So, you will need at least a few days for the courier receipt, or 3-6 weeks for the NOA for the I-130 before you can file the I-129F.

No Title

I have my oath on 05-Sep-2001.
Can I file for both I-130 and I-129F at the same time i.e on
the same day ?

with regards,
Suri V

No Title

GV,
   Thank you for the info. I have been following all the posts
of yours. They have been for informative. I have couple of questions.
1) Regarding I-130 anf G-325 A
I have to file one set of G-325A i.e Biographic form for me and
 one for my spouse. While filling for spouse g-325A, the last item says "APPLICANT: BE SURE TO PUT YOUR NAME AND ALLIEN REGISTRATION
NUMBER IN THE BOX OUTLINED BY HEAVY BORDER BELOW" and then
asks for family name, given name and middle name and A#.

Whose name I should fill here? Is it my name or my spouse\'s name?

Question # 2:
When once you become US Citizen, what would be your nationality?
I am born India and naturalized American citizen.

thank you in advance,
Suri V

No Title

GV,
   Thank you for the info. I have been following all the posts
of yours. They have been for informative. I have couple of questions.
1) Regarding I-130 anf G-325 A
I have to file one set of G-325A i.e Biographic form for me and
 one for my spouse. While filling for spouse g-325A, the last item says "APPLICANT: BE SURE TO PUT YOUR NAME AND ALLIEN REGISTRATION
NUMBER IN THE BOX OUTLINED BY HEAVY BORDER BELOW" and then
asks for family name, given name and middle name and A#.

Whose name I should fill here? Is it my name or my spouse\'s name?

Question # 2:
When once you become US Citizen, what would be your nationality?
I am born India and naturalized American citizen.

thank you in advance,
Suri V

GV, if he is lucky enough 3-6 weeks

Well, as you know in my case, it was almost 12 weeks.

Shelley, I would suggest you ask someone at a different discussion

This discussion was started only for people who are filing the K-3 visa.

Good Luck.

Suri, here are the answers to questions

1. In the G325A for you, enter your name, and alien registration number. In the G325A for your wife, enter her name and "none" as the alien registration number.

2. Your nationality after oath ceremony is "U.S.A.".

BTW, this discussion thread is for tracking response times for the I-129F and K3 visa. If you have other questions on the K3 visa, please use other discussion threads or start a new one. Thanks.

Yes, 3-6 weeks is likely after mail backlog is cleared

Suri,

The NOA for the I-130 from the regional centers would normally take 3-6 weeks. Between April and July, there was a huge backlog in the mail rooms of the regional centers that delayed the NOAs and it was taking 10-12 weeks. Hopefully, the centers seem to be catching up with the mail backlog, so it shouldn\'t take that much time if you apply now.

Eren:

with my I-129, i sent to them a copy of my receipt letter for my I-130 petition, my marriage certificate, and it\'s translation, a photo of me and one of my husband, and 2 biographical forms for each of us, along with a check for 95 dollars, I sent this on august 28th to Illinois,,,,, My I-130 petition i sent in may, and it was received on august 3rd, 2001.

vsuri

no you can not, first you need proof that you did file the I-130, and in this case you will need a cashed check receipt from ins, or the letter of receipt from ins, stating they have received your application, then you can apply for the I-129, with this receipt.

When I sent my I-129, I didn\'t have an NOA for I-130 nor has my checked cleared

So, I sent as proof certified return receipt from the post office dated June 8 with INS stamp on. Within two days after I sent the I-129F, my check was cleared and I received the letter of receipt (NOA)with case #. Hopefully certified return receipt from the post office will be sufficient enough proof, if not, then it\'ll will just take longer to process my application. Well, I\'ll just wait and see. In the mean time, I will send to Chicago a copy of the letter I received from the CSC.

Mary how about your birth certificate or your certificate of citizenship

Didn\'t you send that along with I-129F? They require it too.

K Visa

I hope everyone knows that, Before you Attempt to send I- 129F to chicago make sure your I-130 is in Pending with your Local INS office.
That is one of the conditions, As far as Processing is concern How long it is taking for Chicago to Process, We soon will find out because it to new to tell. Anyone with any new info please share it here Thanks
Rob