Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

mailed I-130 on may 5, 2003 Texas Service Center
I-130 received on May 8,2003
notice date was on may 9, 2003

mailed I-129 on may 22, 2003 Chicago(BCIS)
I-129F received on May 26, 2003
notice date was on May 27. 2003

Now i'm just waiting on an approval from (MSC)
that's my time line. I'm fileing for K3 visa for my husband who is in Jamaica. :cool:

Shelley

Hi there..

I'm in Australia, waiting for approval of my K1 application. My Fiance lives in Texas.

Although I cant help you with your question, I also wanted to know how long it might take for BCIS to forward the package of information to the US Consulate in Sydney. I'm not sure if it would vary from one country to another, but if you could let me know if you have any luck finding out, that'd be great.

Good Luck!
Star

Re: Shelley

Originally posted by Star75
Hi there..

I'm in Australia, waiting for approval of my K1 application. My Fiance lives in Texas.

Although I cant help you with your question, I also wanted to know how long it might take for BCIS to forward the package of information to the US Consulate in Sydney. I'm not sure if it would vary from one country to another, but if you could let me know if you have any luck finding out, that'd be great.

Good Luck!
Star

VISIT http://www.kamya.com/intro/k-1.html :)

Today I received the approval of my wifes k3 from Chicago saying that The file has been forwarded to New Hampshire for some kind of IBIS security check and from there the file would br emailed to Chennai,India for consular processing of the k3.

My UPDATED TIMELINE for a k3 visa as I just received the SECOND NOA from CHICAGO for my I-129f today.

I mailed my I-130 on 04/28/2003

Got my notice of action (I-130) on 05/07/2003

Mailed my I-129f on 05/07/2003

Received the first NOA on 05/12/2003

Received the second NOA on 06/27/2003 (sent to New Hampshire for another security check) and from there the file would br emailed to Chennai,India for further consular processing.

Will keep you updated as things develop

Thanks

Ram

durgum
at least your are a step ahead ,congratulation
i am fighting with my lawyer,i didn't get anything yet
i sent my i-130 when i was a resident ,i got a receipt
then i became a citizen ,i re-filed again i 130 with certificate of citizenship on may 7th ,since then i didn't receiv anything.
i am going crazy ,i am thinking to withdraw my file from him and re -file by myself
keep me posted
ps : what the adress of the chicago office where you filed k3?

menael

It is very easy to find. Call 18003755283 they will tell you the address to file k3 in chicago.I dont have the I-129f form with me so I couldnt look up and post it here.

Ram

chicago address

Originally posted by menael
durgum
at least your are a step ahead ,congratulation
i am fighting with my lawyer,i didn't get anything yet
i sent my i-130 when i was a resident ,i got a receipt
then i became a citizen ,i re-filed again i 130 with certificate of citizenship on may 7th ,since then i didn't receiv anything.
i am going crazy ,i am thinking to withdraw my file from him and re -file by myself
keep me posted
ps : what the adress of the chicago office where you filed k3?

address to chicago is (USINS P.o. Box 7218, Chicago, IL 60680-7218)

dhyemy
thank you for the reply
i am about to withdraw my case from my lawyer then either do it myself or find another lawyer ,
i was wondering if that will affect my file or not ??
any advice are welcome

Originally posted by menael
dhyemy
thank you for the reply
i am about to withdraw my case from my lawyer then either do it myself or find another lawyer ,
i was wondering if that will affect my file or not ??
any advice are welcome

Well I did my application and petition for my husband on my own. Lawyers want too much money for something that you can do for your self and it don't help to speed up things anyway. Now if you had a complicated case or situation then I would suggest a lawyer, but to just simply file you should do it yourself and save a lot of MONEY. Good-Luck!!!:)

Reply to Durgum

Hi Durgam,

I have similar dates as you. Are you preparing for your next step?... and if you are can u tell me how?...I'd appreciate it very much.

K3 Update

I just get the approval today 7/18/03 for I-129F/K3 visa
This is my timeline
May 02, 2003 send I-130 to Vermont Service Center
May 14, 2003 received first NOA
May 14, 2003 send I-129F/K3
May 23, 2003 received first NOA for I-129F/K3
July 18, 2003 received the second NOA for I-129F/K3 (the approval notice)

Work Authorization On K3

:confused:

Hi...my updated time lines...I finally heard on the 10th of this month that my husband's file was sent to Mumbai on 9th. I had my hubby call there y'day...but no file yet in Mumbai...My congressman representative will look into this...

Anyways...I have a question that's bothering me...I find different answer on different sites. My husband and I want to make sure that when he gets here he doesn't have to wait for work permit. Now, on one website it says that I will have to send in form I765 with a coverletter, fee ($120) and pictures and fingerprint cards etc. Other website says he can hand it to the INS officer along with his I-94 form when he arrives at the airport and permit will be given to him right there and then.

Any ideas?????????????......
Please let me know asap....
Thanks

Update

Hey guys,
My husband just heard from Mumbai..they have the file...and he was sent the packege 3...so as soon as he sends it in..he will be scheduled for interview....

We are happy... :)

telephone number

THIS IS THE TELEPHONE NUMBER TO CALL BCIS 1-800-375-5283
IF YOU ARE TRYING TO CHECK ON YOUR CASE YOU CAN LOG ON TO BCIS WEB SITE (CASE STATUS SEARCH) TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR CASE. WWW.BCIS.GOV :)

K3 Update

I just get a letter today 7/30/2003 dated 7/24/2003 from National Visa Center indicates that my wife’s approved I-129F/K3 Visa’s file will forwarded to the embassy within a week and in the bottom of the letter they have the wrong U. S. consulate then I called NVC and they told me that they send it to the right consulate, I really don’t know what is going on? And they also said call after 2 weeks so they can check that the file went to the right consulate.
This is my timeline
May 02, 2003 send I-130 to Vermont Service Center
May 14, 2003 received first NOA
May 14, 2003 send I-129F/K3
May 23, 2003 received first NOA for I-129F/K3
July 18, 2003 received the second NOA for I-129F/K3, the approval notice
July 30, 2003 received letter from National Visa Center

Good Luck For Every Body

Wife calls me from Chennai,India saying that she has been told that the k3 visa has been approved and will be mailed in couriew service in 2 days .
My COMPLETED time line is.....

Received the second NOA on 06/27/2003 (the approval notice letter basically says that the file was sent to New Hampshire where it will be decided which consulate my wives k3 file needs to be sent to)

So from there the file would be emailed/mailed/sent hopefully to Chennai,India for further consular processing.

07/07/2003 received a letter from new Hampshire (NVC) stating that my wifes file would be forwarded to Chennai us consulate ,India within a week. It aslso says that my wife will receive a packet soon.

08/13/2003 Wife calls me from Chennai,India informing that the k3 has been approved and the visa will be mailed in 2 days in the courier service.

Thanks EVERYBODY Its been a pleasure all these days

what do you say

Originally posted by durgum
Wife calls me from Chennai,India saying that she has been told that the k3 visa has been approved and will be mailed in couriew service in 2 days .
My COMPLETED time line is.....

Received the second NOA on 06/27/2003 (the approval notice letter basically says that the file was sent to New Hampshire where it will be decided which consulate my wives k3 file needs to be sent to)

So from there the file would be emailed/mailed/sent hopefully to Chennai,India for further consular processing.

07/07/2003 received a letter from new Hampshire (NVC) stating that my wifes file would be forwarded to Chennai us consulate ,India within a week. It aslso says that my wife will receive a packet soon.

08/13/2003 Wife calls me from Chennai,India informing that the k3 has been approved and the visa will be mailed in 2 days in the courier service.

Thanks EVERYBODY Its been a pleasure all these days

SO YOUR WIFE DO NOT HAVE TO GO IN FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH CONSULATE OFFICE IN CHENNAI, INDIA.
WHAT ABOUT ALL THE INFORMATION THAT YOU NEEDED TO SEND TO HER FOR SUPPORT SHOWING THAT SHE WILL NOT BECOME A PUBLIC CHARGE. (AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134)?:confused:

dhyemy

I sent the following items to my wife in hyderabad,India

1.My job letter.
2.Affidivit of support.(I-134) by me for her.
3.3 years w2's +tax returns.
4.Bank statements showing my bank balance.
5.Police certificate,passport certificate.
6.Medical certificates that were taken at Chennai (we/my wife are from Hyderabad 1000 kms north of Chennai us embassy).

These were all mentioned in the letter that Chennai consulate sent to my wife on 07/21/2003.

She DID have to go for the interview IN PERSON after which she got the k3 visa approved finally. The whole process took me like 115 days approximately

Last edited by a moderator: