Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

k3 waiting times

hi, read the reply from the chap who received his approval in November, his application was received by the MSC on June 13, the same day as mine, but I havn't heard anything yet.........shall I keep waiting or is there anything I can do?

Many thanks

Lisa

monkey

there are people who got appovel with a 1st NOA from MSC on 7/8/02 and there are some who are waiting with a NOA on 5/23/02. As for me my NOA is 7/1/02 and I know another person with a NOA on 8/16/02 who got approved on 11/19/02. There is nothing we can do except to wait it out. All peteioners must go through a IBIS check and some people check goes faster than others. That's why yours is not approved yet and mine. If our name send up a red flag then our appoved takes longer. For instance John Smith, there must be a 1 million with that name. If your name is John Smith and a red flag shows you have to be investigated further because you may be that John Smith who is a terroist. Even though you are perfectly innocent and have nothing to do with any terror group. But INS secruity checks will take longer for them to find that out and you will not be able to get an approval without them doing a complete security check. You can call your senator and congressman and they will tell you the same thing. I know that's what mine told me. So just be patient if you are innocent and your marriage is valid then you should be appoved soon. Pray to God that INS don't ask for further evdience which would even take longer. Hopefully you and I will get an approval from INS by Thanksgiving. I will post mine here when I get a decsion regarding my case. Hope this help.

Tony

Good News ! ! !

I filed I130 for my wife as a green card holder in January of 2001 when I was a green card holder. Now that I am a citizen, I applied for change of status of the application just 2 months ago. 2 days ago, I checked the online status of the case and it says that the I130 is approved. I have not received the paper confirmation yet but I hope to receive it soon. When I receive this letter, I do not know the steps to emback on. Need any help I can get from you guys.
Thanks
Oluyi

oluyi

You no longer need the K3 visa from MSC proceed with the I-130 so that your spouse will get her green card instead of file for an AOS here in the states. It will take years for him to recieve his green card in the states and the consular processing will go much fatser over there. Just go with the I-130 and pay no attention with the I-129 f from MSC. As for me I am still waiting from MSC.

Tony

k3 interviews

hello everyone....i have just returned from my k3 interview with my husband in juarez, mexico. a few things to share here.
1. you can go to the interview with your spouse only if you have your approval letter with your name on it also. as the petitionor you get notice of all proceedings...take everything.
2. you do not....do not.....get an appointment time...you can go to the consulte anytime between 8-10 am....they set times aside for k3 interview.
3. medical appointments take a full day....do not let anyone tell you any different.
4. TAKE CASH. they told us not to carry much cash around the consulte due to robbery etc....that is a lie....TAKE CASH
5. Be prepared to have fingerprinting done.....if you can find a way to have the backround ck done before you go the interview...do it......
i drove from san diego to juarez mexico. 11 hours...spent about $1000.00 and drove home alone.......they decided to fingerprint my husband. i threw a fit because it did not say they needed fingerprints...but they do...
hope all is well with you all....the say 30 days and we can return for our visa if the fingerpint goes w/o incident...
my whole process from beginning to end took about 7 months.
see you all soon...diane

K3 Petition Timelines

Guys:

My K3 petition was approved today i.e. Nov. 25, 2002. Below are my details.

1) I-130 - May 23, 2002
2) I-129F (K3) - August 12, 2002
3) I-130 - Approved on Oct. 7, 2002
4) K3 petition approved on Nov. 25, 2002.

I hope this help people who are just bitching at the system. I know i am just frustrated.

Regarding my I-130, I am just interfacing with NVC now. MY NVC case has been created. If anyone needs more info on NVC procedure, just post a message.

-Guccidkny

K3 Petition Timelines

Guys:

My K3 petition was approved today i.e. Nov. 25, 2002. Below are my details. My petition is from Michigan so my I-130 goes to Nebraska.

1) I-130 - May 23, 2002
2) I-129F (K3) - August 12, 2002
3) I-130 - Approved on Oct. 7, 2002
4) K3 petition approved on Nov. 25, 2002.

I hope this help people who are just bitching at the system. I know i am just frustrated.

Regarding my I-130, I am just interfacing with NVC now. MY NVC case has been created. If anyone needs more info on NVC procedure, just post a message.

-Guccidkny

we are still waiting for ....

Hi there,

I am also waiting for the visa be approve. but it seems taking a very long time.... my husband is US citizen, he apply for my I-130 visa in Jan.. then Feb. he got the receipt... late on July we start the I-129F by our lawyer, we also got receipt end of July. but up to this moment, we still hear nothing further, it already over 30-90 days as shown on the paper. We could not be able to be together for our first anniversary this month... We just want to be together, nothing is more important than that..
Would there be any one waiting longer than us already?

Candy

Hello Candy

Candy:

This process is just ridiculous. Just hang in there and you should be fine. I know u have been waiting a long time. Where is ur I-130 petition filed at. Ur I-130 should be approved by now as it is November and should be at NVC. Tell me the dates that you have.

Thanks

-Guccidkny

K3 Approval and Forward to NVC

Guys:

Does anyone had their K3 which was approved recently been forwarded to NVC and then to consulate. Does anyone know how much time took.

Some help will be appreciated.

-Guccidkny

Hi Guccidkny,

Thanks for message. I check again our I-130 application, the date of our notice is Jan. not even Feb. but still nothing further on it... today we got mail from them regarding the I-129F said that we need send pictures of me and my husband to them. But the lawyer never mention picture when we file.. anyway, we don't want to be late again, we will just do accordingly and send pictures to them as soon as possible, see anything happen then.

Candy

Candy

Hello Candy:

I don't know why your case is taking so long. I filed for my spouse for I-130 in May 2002, got approval in October 2002 from Nebraska Service Center. I also filed the K3 petition in August 2002 and got approval couple of days back. I think my spouse would be able to interview at Delhi Embassy by end of January 2003 or early February 2003.

How come your case has taken so long? Where is ur spouse at? Where are you at? Give me some more information. What was the date of I-130 filing, where was it filed, when did you file I-129f for K3, when was any of the petitions approved etc.

I mean do you have any complications in your case. If not, i don't know why your case is taking so long.

Thanks

-Guccidkny

K3 appoval

Hi, can anybody please tell me what i need to do after my K3 got appoved. I check online today 11/29/02 and it said my case was appoved today. What does wife wife needs to do? She is in the Philippines and I not sure what she needs to do or what I should to speed things up. Any information would be most helpful,.

Thank You,

Hope to hear from somebody.

Timeline 1st NOA 7/1/02 appoved 11/29/02 for I-129F from MSC.

Tony

Tony !!!

Congratulations. I am very happy for you. My wife's I-130 got approved Nov. 24. Based on my research on this web site, I will post postings that I was able to retrieve from the website regarding NVC processing time. This will be based on I-130 petition, K3 petition is sent directly to the consulate abroad:

Hi folks! Sorry that it\'s been a while since I\'ve updated you folks on our situation but I\'ve been with my wife overseas. Lots of things have happened since waaay back in August so here\'s a summary:
April 27th 2001 - Submitted I-130 petition to CSC
May 7th 2001 - I-130 petition picked up by CSC
July 2nd 2001 - CSC establishes WAC # Aug. 15th 2001 - INS petition I-130 approval received
Sept. 7th 2001 - NVC receives and establishes case #
Oct. 2nd 2001 - I receive DS-3032 form from NVC along with I-864 form
Oct. 6th 2001 - We send DS-3032 form (signed) back to NVC
Oct. 22nd 2001 - NVC generates packet 3
From what we saw in the DS-3032 mailing, we\'ll get a biographic sheet and instructions/checklist in our coming packet 3.

Question for you Paul....we read that a medical exam is also one of the next steps. Was this part of your packet that contained the DS-230/OF-130? Also, did you get police sheets forms in your packet?

Thanks and good luck to all....

7/15 -- I-130 Approved by CSC
7/22 -- NVC receives case from CSC
8/13 -- I receive I-864 from NVC and copy of agent choice letter
8/18 -- Wife receives ACL from NVC, designates me as agent
8/19 -- NVC St. Louis receives I-864 from me
8/22 -- NVC NH receives ACL from wife
8/23 -- St. Louis cashes I-864 check
8/29 -- I-864 arrives in St. Louis
9/13 -- I receive DS-230 packet
9/16 -- St. Louis receives DS-230 Part I (I already had a DS-230 pre-filled and signed by my wife)
9/26 -- St. Louis cashes DS-230 check
10/7 -- NVC NH receives DS-230, starts review of DS-230 Part I and I-864, which is supposed to take 6-8 weeks.

Hope these two senerios help. I will keep you informed how my I-130 goes. It takes time before NVC will have your case in their system. I already called them two times. You can call this number and use the automated service to see on a daily basis if your case is already in their system: 603-334-0700.

All the best.
Oluyi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, I'm still waiting too, we received notification on June 13th from MSC, but have heard nothing since, looking at the stories on here it seems as though it could be any day, yet others have already had approval. My husband is a US Citizen and I am in Nottingham, England. We originally filed in January 2002 but sent it to Texas, they held on to it for 6 months and then sent it to MSC, have been waiting a long time..........we have now been apart for 6 out of 7 years so am prepared to wait longer but it gets harder all the time, I left my permanant job 2 years ago and filed for a Fiances Visa but heard nothing, so we got married and have been temping ever since, I am in permanant limbo at the moment, so hang in there everyone......we'll get there soon.........Lisa xx

K3 Approved Philippines

Tony

I have seen your message regarding K3 approval. My wife is also from the Philippines. Her I129 was approved last Nov. 21.

Does she already receive the packet.

You also mention regarding green card application instead of AOS do you have any info about it?

Hi guccidkny

Hi guccidkny,

Our application was sent to Texas, my husband said it might be too many cases following there, so it just be little slow.. he lives in Alabama. I am in China right now. Our I-130 was filed In Jan. and the I-129F was July. Both got notices the same months as it filed too.. Next month it will become one year just for the I-130.....

Hello Candy

Hi Candy:

I am not sure if you know what is happening with your process. If you filed your application in Texas, it should have been approved by now. You can go to INS.GOV and do a case status check by putting in ur case number.

I filed my I-129F is August and got approved on Nov. 25. I filed I-130 at Nebraska in May and got approved in October. I know Texas is going fast for approval for US Citizen's spouses.

I am not sure what is going on with your case.

-Guccidkny

APPROVAL !!!!

Hi there, just spoke to my Husband in the US, he has just received approval for our I-129F.

Notification was recieved on June 13th 02 at MSC.

Approval...........2 Dec 02!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me how long it may be before I get an interview at the US Embassy in London????

Thanks and good luck,

Lisa

Guccidkny ! ! !

Hi,
Can you please fill us in with the progress on your cases with NVC. Also, I will like to confirm if K3 petition actually gets sent to NVC or not. I spoke with INS customer service today and the lady told me that upon approval, the case is directly sent to Consulate abroad. Enlighten us on this.
Thanks,
Oluyi.