Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

Thanks, I tried the link to check the status of my case online, but I have problems accessing it, something to do with needing a different web browser.....do you know if anyone else has problems wth this?
So it looks as though we are looking at December some time then? Thanks for replying, you have got further than me in my investigations....at least I know that it's going ok, just need to keep on waiting.... which number did you call to speak to someone at the MSC?
Thanks again, Lisa............good luck to everyone

I got similar message at first !!!

To rectify the issue with the browser, all you need do is to go to www.microsoft.com and download internet explorer 6 or, you may try to obtain one of the free internet CDs e.g. AOL or any other one you can lay your hands on at the nearby electronic store. More than likely, these CDs always contain free internet explorer software. This will make the download to be faster. Soon after downloading this, you will be able to check the status of your case online. All the best.
Oluyi.

Last edited by a moderator:
NCSC

The number for MSC is 1-816-251-1824. They don't have live operators, but there is an automated system through which you can check your case status. If you want to speak to an actual person, you must call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

Anyone whose k-3 petition dated in this June got approval recently?Please post your timeline here as a ref for those still be waiting.Thx

i am trying to understand this site...i have an approved 129 and 130and also all the paperwork for my interview in cuidad juarez for my spouse...has anyone else gotten to this point yet?please let me know thank you

I have just entered as a member here, and have found some useful info, but can anyone tell me if my fiance and i apply for a fiance(e) Visa, and are not successful, does it ban me from travelling to the states in the future??? i am in scotland, my fiance is in alaska!!! i would appreciate any info, as the immigration dept. is backwards in coming forwards!!!!

thanx

Re: NCSC

Originally posted by Geto
The number for MSC is 1-816-251-1824. They don't have live operators, but there is an automated system through which you can check your case status. If you want to speak to an actual person, you must call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

how long have you been waiting right now??

if your fiance and you apply for a k3 and travel to the us you will need to be married in 90 days...if you just want to travel you should not apply for a k3..this type of visa for for your fiance to come and get married to a us citizen or for someone like myself who is married to someone and they will come to the us under the k3 visa program...did that make sense? if not...e mail me...i am almost done with the whole process from the i130 to waiting for my spouses interview in cuidad juarez.

i understand what you are saying, but i'm worried in case i don't get the K3 visa, can i still travel to the states to see my fiance???? or will i be barred from travelling to the us ever again?

if your k3 is denied then you need to apply for a visitor visa to travel. the denial is not a permit anything. if your denied there will be a specific reason. for example : a friend of a friend's wife was denied for insuffiencent financial support. the I864 did not show enough income to support the applicate. hope that helps
diane

My case has been approved

Those of you who sent your I-129F in June, check the status of your case. My case has been approved. I didn't get the letter yet, but I checked online and it says that it was approved on Nov. 12, 2002. By the way, my I-129F was received by the MSC on June 13, 2002.

NOA - 6/13/02
Approval- 11/12/02

approval

Hey tony, my spouse is applying for k3 in Bangkok, Thailand. You'll probably hear from MSC next month. Good luck!

Geto & Tony

Guys,
I have something basic to clarify from you both. When you check the status of your case online, how many days does it tell you it will take to get the petition processed. For me, it says between 60 and 90 days. Just want to confirm if MSG really follows these online times.
Thanks in advance guys.
Oluyi.

Tony !!!

I do not think it is okay to put your case number on the net. I will advise that you delete it from the mail as soon as you can. I tried to do that for you but I do not have permission to do so. INS might visit this site and this might have a negative effect on your case. So, I indulge you to take it off the net. Concerning the dates, I have similar time frame like you guys.
Oluyi.

k3 and I-130

Does anybody know if your spouse comes over to the US on a K3 visa, can they still get there green card at the consulate overseas instead of filing an ajustment of status here in the states. I heard an AOS can take up 3 years depending on where you live.

My wife will be coming to the US within the next 4 months on a K3 visa and her I-130 is expected be appoved sometimes next april 2003. I would like to know is when her I-130 gets appoved can she fly back to her country and apply for IR visa from the I-130 petetion that I filed? If anybody has any infor on this I would apprecited if you could post it. I want to her to get her green card overseas at the US embassy instead of filing an AOS here in the states once she arrives here in the states

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a problem, you can do this. I am sort of doing this in my wife's case. She already has a K3 but has not yet entered the US. I am going to pick her up next week. She has also submitted Packet 4 to the consulate and is awaiting an interview date. If she is able to get a date while we are there, great, she will enter the US with a green card. If not, we will return once the date is set.

omer

Re: Need Help ! ! !

Originally posted by oluyi
I filed form I130 when I was a green card holder and now, I am a citizen and need to upgrade the status but I do not know how to go about doing this. I, at the same time, still want to apply for I129F for my wife since I know it will hasten things up. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks people in progress.

Since you are a citizen now. you need to file I129f with a copy of 130 reciept and a copy of your certificate, that will do it.

derma

What you need to do is send I-129F to MSC but send it to Chicago thier address is on ins website. All the instuctions are on the I-129F. You will need just about the same information as on the I-130. Make a cope of your naturalization paper with a copy of your marriage license and a picture of you and your wife. Write K3 visa on top of the I-129F that you send to Chicago, Chicago will then forward the letter to Missouri Service Center and you will get an NOA from MSC. As for your I-130 I would contact the service center where you file the orginal I-130and tell them your situiation and ask them what needs to be done. I not sure but they just might need to send them your naturalization paper and that's it. Please check with them or you may have to file a I-130 all over again as a US citizen.

Tony