apparently USCIS now don't require new fingerprints for Asylees i-485

nss2009

Registered Users (C)
my i-485 application was updated to

"As of July 17, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN2xxxx6, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange ....."

so they applied my last fingerprints , which were taking at my asylum interview 3 years ago . that's a good news for asylees applying for i-485 .

how far do you guys think will take to get my green card? . i applied about 2 months ago

Last edited:

"As of July 17, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN2xxxx6, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange ....."

so they applied my last fingerprints , which were taking at my asylum interview 3 years ago . that's a good news for asylees applying for i-485 .

how far do you guys think will take to get my green card? . i applied about 2 months ago
Hi there,

Would you mind sharing your I-485 time line and what office, i applied in texas service center on june 26, i haven got any receipt and didnt see the money cashed out .

USCIS due to backlog resulting from shutdown (because of Coronavirus) is using using previously captured fingerprint info to adjudicate a lot of cases of late. This should not be interpreted as meaning new fingerprints check is no longer required for asylum based AOS. This is the current situation with different types of AOS cases.

This should be the default situation. Fingerprints/biometrics never change so it’s pointless to make someone take multiple biometrics. I think it’s governments way to keep the ASC people employed. I have seen 3-4 people working there including a security guard - a complete waste of resources IMO.

Hi there,

Would you mind sharing your I-485 time line and what office, i applied in texas service center on june 26, i haven got any receipt and didnt see the money cashed out .

5/1 i-485 mailed
5/4 received by USCIS
7/17 previous fingerprints applied
Nebraska office
also done medical examination on 5/15, waiting for them to request it .

5/1 i-485 mailed
5/4 received by USCIS
7/17 previous fingerprints applied
Nebraska office
also done medical examination on 5/15, waiting for them to request it .

You’re aware the medical exam is not supposed to be older than 60 days as at the time USCSI receives it?

You’re aware the medical exam is not supposed to be older than 60 days as at the time USCSI receives it?
yeah i am aware . the i-693 is not older than the date of filing i-485. the medical exam is valid for 2 years .

yeah i am aware . the i-693 is not older than the date of filing i-485. the medical exam is valid for 2 years .
You're mixing a few things up -

The I-693 cannot be older than 60 days if filed together with your I-485.
If you file the I-693 after your I-485, you have 60 days to send it.
The I-693 is valid for 2 years from the time USCIS receives it.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. But I went through the same thing recently. I had to send my I-693 after filing the I-485. There was a giant note on the package the doctor gave me telling me I had 60 days to send it in. My attorney confirmed this.

You're mixing a few things up -

The I-693 cannot be older than 60 days if filed together with your I-485.
If you file the I-693 after your I-485, you have 60 days to send it.
The I-693 is valid for 2 years from the time USCIS receives it.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. But I went through the same thing recently. I had to send my I-693 after filing the I-485. There was a giant note on the package the doctor gave me telling me I had 60 days to send it in. My attorney confirmed this.

i disagree with you

you mentioned that the i-693 is valid 2 years from the time USCIS receive it, not true . you need to get a new lawyer it took me less than 30 minutes to research and understand this , a lawyer who does this everyday should have a good understand of USCIS requirements.

The Form I-693 must be dated no earlier than 60 days before you filed your underlying application. A properly and timely completed Form I-693 remains valid for two years from the date of the civil surgeon’s signature

source : USCIS I-693 instructions
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-693instr.pdf

the 2 years valid applies if you send it together with i-485 or after filing i-485 .

the source of the image attached is USCIS policy manual
https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

Attachments

• USCIS 2.PNG
    USCIS 2.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 13

I suppose this is normal . the same happened to me when I applied in Jan 19. they just used my previous fingerprints to update my case. but in February this year they did send a biometric notice and I had to do fingerprints. they might send you a finger print notice after this Covid crises. you are lucky Nebraska is really fast. my case is at texas and its still pending.
but I think you are mistaken with the form I 693, you did it in May if for example they send a request in, say, November for your medical, it will not be valid since you took it more than 60 days ago. But you can always call them to verify.

I suppose this is normal . the same happened to me when I applied in Jan 19. they just used my previous fingerprints to update my case. but in February this year they did send a biometric notice and I had to do fingerprints. they might send you a finger print notice after this Covid crises. you are lucky Nebraska is really fast. my case is at texas and its still pending.
but I think you are mistaken with the form I 693, you did it in May if for example they send a request in, say, November for your medical, it will not be valid since you took it more than 60 days ago. But you can always call them to verify.

how long do you think it would take on average at Nebraska ? the USCIS sites says 7-12 months . regarding the i-693 check my reply above . i filed for i-485 on may 1st , i-693 signed on July 15 that means its valid through may 15 2022 .

how long do you think it would take on average at Nebraska ? the USCIS sites says 7-12 months . regarding the i-693 check my reply above . i filed for i-485 on may 1st , i-693 signed on July 15 that means its valid through may 15 2022 .

That is not true, you must ship before the 60 days expire. I have the same timeline like you. They will not send you a request of evidence soon, if that is what you are looking for.
And, I recently sent mine as soon as the civil surgeon signed and sealed it. It was on July15th, they sent me a receipt noticing me that they have received it and my case was approved.

You are wasted time with your case.

That is not true, you must ship before the 60 days expire. I have the same timeline like you. They will not send you a request of evidence soon, if that is what you are looking for.
And, I recently sent mine as soon as the civil surgeon signed and sealed it. It was on July15th, they sent me a receipt noticing me that they have received it and my case was approved.
Hi Lee. Can you please share your timeline? I might be misunderstanding things, but you make it sound like your GC was approved in 2 months. Also, did you send your I-693 with or without RFE?

Yes,

April 25th sent Form I-485
April 30th the Fees were taken.
May 7th, received receipt Notice of Action

It was during the Lockdown of covid19, so, I sent the documents without the medical exam.

On July 15th, I sent the Sealed Medical Exam.
Without Request Of Evidence.

On July 17th, 2020 Old Fingerprints were applied to my case.

On July 25 th, 2020 received Another Notice of Action saying that the Medical Form was Received and My Case was Approved.

Could you please review the policy again as it is so tricky.
https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update
It is required that the applicant submit a signed I-693 form no more than 60 days before filing the I-485
So, what is required is the date of signature not the date of submitting.693.PNG

Yes,

April 25th sent Form I-485
April 30th the Fees were taken.
May 7th, received receipt Notice of Action

It was during the Lockdown of covid19, so, I sent the documents without the medical exam.

On July 15th, I sent the Sealed Medical Exam.
Without Request Of Evidence.

On July 17th, 2020 Old Fingerprints were applied to my case.

On July 25 th, 2020 received Another Notice of Action saying that the Medical Form was Received and My Case was Approved.
Holy crap that is incredibly fast!!! Good for you! =D. What service center if you don't mind me asking? I also had to send my I-693 without an RFE. It was sent with a tracking # so I know they received it, but I never got any sort of confirmation from them.

Could you please review the policy again as it is so tricky.
https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update
It is required that the applicant submit a signed I-693 form no more than 60 days before filing the I-485
So, what is required is the date of signature not the date of submitting.View attachment 1893

What I understand is that it is valid for 60 days after filling and signing it. It must be shipped sealed to uscis in these 60 days periods.

Then, once uscis open the sealed medical form, they keep it available for 2 year in their system.

That's what I understood, this policy is very tricky!
What is the use of doing the medical exam and holding on the seal form yourself?