Ap & I-94

BlameTSC

Registered Users (C)
Ginnu or other people with experience,

Please share your experience or knowledge, and advise if it is OK or not.

When I used AP to leave USA I forgot surrenderring both of my I-94s that one was attached with H-1 approval and another was stapled with passport. I still have both originals. Will it affect my I-485 approval?

When I used AP to leave USA I forgot surrendering both of my I-94s that one was attached with H-1 approval and another was stapled with passport. I still have both originals. Will it affect my I-485 approval?

---- You are supposed to surrender all the I-94 when you depart US.

You should send your I-94 to the address now read:
http://www.ccusa.com/pdf/INS Departure.pdf

AP - Travel - I-94: help please

Can somebody pl help me understand the following questions?

1. Do we have to show valid AP while leaving US ? I saw you guys saying that you used AP for travelling from USA ?

2. What if my wife leaves US, while our AP applications are pending, and I leave later once we get our AP approvals. That way while returning we both will have approved AP.
WILL THAT WORK ?

3. If I-94 is used for tracking, what if my wife does not surrender I-94 ?

PLEASE SUGGEST

1. Do we have to show valid AP while leaving US?
----- NO, you don’t have to show AP when you depart USA
I saw you guys saying that you used AP for travelling from USA ?
----- They mean to say they used AP to enter US at POE
2. What if my wife leaves US, while our AP applications are pending,
---- Your wife or you need AP applied IN US AND approved IN US before you depart US.
and I leave later once we get our AP approvals. That way while returning we both will have approved AP.

----- You can leave when you get your approved AP in hand and your wife also need to go out with approved AP in hand
3. If I-94 is used for tracking, what if my wife does not surrender I-94?
--- You should ask this question to USCIS. by law Your wife need to surrender I-94 at airline counter before she departs US

Thanks Ginnu and one last question on the same issue, how do you think they would determine when did my wife leave usa since I will leave only when both our APs are approved hence while returning both of us will have approved AP. Is there a way at POE for them to determine that my wife had actually left before AP approval.

appreciate your time and comments

Thanks Ginnu and one last question on the same issue, how do you think they would determine when did my wife leave usa
---- They know from airline departure records and from I-94 when it is to be surrendered then the CPB officer’s collets it and the data goes to USCIS computer about the departure of alien, at this time they have info who is coming to US before the flight lands at US airport and all info who depart
since I will leave only when both our APs are approved hence while returning both of us will have approved AP. Is there a way at POE for them to determine that my wife had actually left before AP approval.
---- When you enter with AP the officer can and WILL check the A# and name in USCIS computer and will come to know when AP was approved, they have every info about your pending petitions or approved petitions/application and your data is in computer system

** time achhey nahin hain koi risk nahin leni chahye

www.immigration-law.com(breaking news)

Press Office
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
March 25, 2004 Press Release USCIS REMINDS APPLICANTS FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TO OBTAIN ADVANCE PAROLE BEFORE TRAVELING ABROAD WASHINGTON, DC -

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) reminds individuals with an application for adjustment of status to that of lawful permanent resident, an application for relief under the NACARA 203, or an asylum application, that they must obtain Advance Parole by filing Form I-131-- Application for Travel Document with the USCIS before traveling abroad (see USCIS Travel Advisory Questions and Answers). Advance Parole is permission to re-enter the United States after traveling abroad in order to continue processing for adjustment of status. Such individuals must be approved for Advance Parole before leaving the United States. Travel outside of the United States without advance parole may have severe consequences for certain individuals who are in the process of adjusting their status. Such individuals may be unable to return to the United States, their applications may be denied, or both. “Issuing this travel reminder ensures that our USCIS customers are aware of the immigration travel requirements before they make holiday or vacation travel plans to their home country,” said Eduardo Aguirre, Director of USCIS. Note: Under the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, aliens who depart the United States after being unlawfully present in the United States for certain periods can be barred from admission to lawful permanent resident status, even if they have obtained Advance Parole. Those aliens who have been unlawfully present in the United States for more than 180 days, but less than one year are inadmissible for three years; those who have been unlawfully present for a year or more are inadmissible for 10 years. Aliens who are unlawfully present, depart the U.S. and subsequently reenter under a grant of parole, may nevertheless be ineligible to adjust their status. USCIS urges all aliens with pending applications for adjustment of status to consult an immigration attorney, immigration assistance organization accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals, the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283, or the USCIS web site: www.uscis.gov before making any foreign travel plans. - USCIS - On March 1, 2003, U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services became one of three legacy INS components to join the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. USCIS is charged with fundamentally transforming and improving the delivery of immigration and citizenship services, while enhancing our nation's security. www.uscis.gov