AP approvals these days

anildel said:
My daughter's I131 was approved and the document mailed yesterday

I also received approval e-mail yesterday, SUNDAY? :eek: :eek: for advance parole!!!! Thanks God and I wish all of those waiting get their green card soon so we do not need Ap anymore!!!!!!

approvals on Sundays!

this may be a double post but I am still amazed at the fact that I received my AP approval email on a Sunday!!!!! :eek: I wish I received GC approval next Sunday!!!! :D

I actually received mail approval( Physical Advance Parole) on Monday, July the 3rd. The document says I was approved June 28th and per post office stamp it was mailed on the 30th. No LUD ever until Sunday. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
AP approved - forms not yet recieved - address changed on pending application

My sympathies go out to any one planning to travel soon and still waiting for their AP to be approved - I know how frustrating that is. I submitted my i485 application (based on my recent marriage to a US citizen) along with the AP and EAD on April 12th, and they were returned with MSC receipt numbers. I'm supposed to go to China on vacation on July 17th and was getting really worried I would have to change my plans because the processing dates suggested I would by lucky to get AP in time. I had a big sigh of relief last week when I got an email saying my AP had been approved and mailed out on June 27th *but* I haven't got the letter yet.... My EAD was also approved and mailed out July 3rd and I received that yesterday (July 5th). :)

So any advice on what to do about my AP. Can I travel to China given that it *has* been approved even if I don't yet have the forms? It is possible that it could be sent on behind me - I'll be in China for two weeks. Will the immigration people at the POE be able to access the information even if I don't have the forms? Will the airline let me on the plane back to the US? I changed my address on the pending applications last month (by calling the NSC) so I'm a bit worried that's what's slowing things down, but EAD was mailed to the correct address....and very quickly.... If I call the NSC will they do anything? I tried this on Monday but it was only 28 days since I called to change my address an apparently they can't do anything for 30 days...

Btw anyone know why MSC doesn't list their processing dates on the USCIS website? I've been using the Vermont dates as it is closest to where I live....

i485 (GC) submitted April 12th 2006
i131 (AP) submitted April 12th 2006, approved June 26th 2006
i765 (EAD) submitted Apr 12th 2006, approved Jul 3rd 2006, received Jul 5th 2006.

State Department at 202-354-1000 (hit 0 right away) urgently advises AOS individuals to NOT TRAVEL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WITHOUT YOUR AP IN HAND.

I guess you have a 50-50 chance that an Immi officer would accept your reciept and let you back in.

Thanks. I figure it's risky - I don't really want to decide what to do yet. I really don't want to be stuck in China (well actually I can't be since I'm a British citizen). The posts about what to do if you just lose the form don't look hopeful! Hopefully I'll get the letter in the next few days and this will all be mute. Do you think it's worth calling the NSC to verify my address?

The LUD is Jul 2nd - any ideas why they would look at my case after sending the letter out? Perhaps that means they actually sent it out later.... but then using the same logic the EAD would have been sent out the day I got it. I guess logic is too much to ask?

klmasters said:
My sympathies go out to any one planning to travel soon and still waiting for their AP to be approved - I know how frustrating that is. I submitted my i485 application (based on my recent marriage to a US citizen) along with the AP and EAD on April 12th, and they were returned with MSC receipt numbers. I'm supposed to go to China on vacation on July 17th and was getting really worried I would have to change my plans because the processing dates suggested I would by lucky to get AP in time. I had a big sigh of relief last week when I got an email saying my AP had been approved and mailed out on June 27th *but* I haven't got the letter yet.... My EAD was also approved and mailed out July 3rd and I received that yesterday (July 5th). :)

So any advice on what to do about my AP. Can I travel to China given that it *has* been approved even if I don't yet have the forms? It is possible that it could be sent on behind me - I'll be in China for two weeks. Will the immigration people at the POE be able to access the information even if I don't have the forms? Will the airline let me on the plane back to the US? I changed my address on the pending applications last month (by calling the NSC) so I'm a bit worried that's what's slowing things down, but EAD was mailed to the correct address....and very quickly.... If I call the NSC will they do anything? I tried this on Monday but it was only 28 days since I called to change my address an apparently they can't do anything for 30 days...

Btw anyone know why MSC doesn't list their processing dates on the USCIS website? I've been using the Vermont dates as it is closest to where I live....

i485 (GC) submitted April 12th 2006
i131 (AP) submitted April 12th 2006, approved June 26th 2006
i765 (EAD) submitted Apr 12th 2006, approved Jul 3rd 2006, received Jul 5th 2006.

You could get an infopass appointment in local INS office and request a copy of advance Parol from them.

My son's AP was not approved and we have planned to go on vacation Jul 21st. So we got an infopass appointment and met an immigration , she called VSC and said that it will be approved and we will receive before we leave and if not approved we could go personnaly before we leave and get an AP from the local INS. We were given another application for hta reason

Thanks for the info. I actually have an appointment this morning since the form still hasn't arrived. Hopefully I will be able to sort this out just like you say. :) Was there a fee to get a copy of the AP from the local office?

johngc said:
You could get an infopass appointment in local INS office and request a copy of advance Parol from them.

My son's AP was not approved and we have planned to go on vacation Jul 21st. So we got an infopass appointment and met an immigration , she called VSC and said that it will be approved and we will receive before we leave and if not approved we could go personnaly before we leave and get an AP from the local INS. We were given another application for hta reason

Well I just got back from the Boston District Office, and they have a very different story from what you have been told. They say there's basically nothing they can do for me. My AP has been approved and sent out, and the only recourse is to wait the 30 days and if it still hasn't arrived then I have to re-apply. Nothing at all that will help me go on my trip to China next week, except to hope that the forms just arrive before then..... Bit of a waste of a morning really.

johngc said:

Did you contacted your local post office? I had a same problem 2 years back applied EAD and changed address after a month, and talked to local post office that i am expecting a important document from USCIS and please forward to my new address as you recieve it to old address. And i got my card to new address in about 10 days.

I would suggest you to go to local post office and explain them your situation, sometimes it helps.

Actually the USCIS person I talked to this morning suggested this too. I changed my address well over a month ago now, almost 3 weeks before my AP was approved, so it seems like the AP should have been sent to the right address (my EAD was), but that would be applying logic again I guess....

Anyway I just called the post office and they said they don't keep records so can't possibly tell if any mail was sent to my old address which wasn't forwarded, and they can't forward mail which says it can't be forwarded.

So still all I can do is wait and see..... Fingers crossed it's arrived today. :)

Usually USCIS Mails are not forwarded even if you use change of address form with USPS, they will be sent back to sender.

S_Reddy said:
Usually USCIS Mails are not forwarded even if you use change of address form with USPS, they will be sent back to sender.

Right. This is why I changed the address with USCIS over a month ago.... Their officer at Boston though says there is still a chance it got sent to the old address.

So how did you get your's forwarded if not by change of address? The post office at my old address is not small enough to do this on a one-to-one basis. The guy there basically laughed at me when I suggested the mail carrier might remember the letter.....

As my EAD Approved online i contacted the local post office to deliever my mail to new address and they said okay will do, and luckily they did forward to my new address,also my old and new address are only within 5 miles range.

Yeah, from talking to the post office it seems very unlikely that they will do that for me - it's a city route with a lot of stops. Thanks for the idea though. Hopefully it got sent to the new address anyway.

S_Reddy said:
As my EAD Approved online i contacted the local post office to deliever my mail to new address and they said okay will do, and luckily they did forward to my new address,also my old and new address are only within 5 miles range.

Well after all that it arrived in the post today! What a day! The interesting thing is that on the form my address has changed, while the envelope was sent to the old address and forwarded via the regular post office forwarding! The post mark on the envelope is June 30th, so it really did just take 2 weeks in the mail.

Anyway thank goodness I finally have it and can go on my trip. :)

Congrats klmasters

Congrats klmasters,

I probably might face similar situation. As you can recall, you suggested the AR-11 to change the address in a different thread.

But when i read this thread I was skeptical what will happen if the AP/EAD is approved just days before the address changes. In that case only way is to re-apply? if the approved notice get returned to USCIS, won't they mail it back to the new address? Does any one know? :confused:

Thanks

The following is the latest information on your case status
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
On July 10, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Whoohoo, received EAD email today.

131 an 765 were both updated yesterday, hopefully AP will be approved today as well.