AP Approval dates

AP Inquiry

mazdur_desi:

My application RD is June 20, 2003 and I have filed an inquiry a week ago. I am afraid that they just lost it. Will post here whatever I receive in response from CSC (if I receive anything).

Thanks,
L.

jan approval date, where?

Hi Mazdur_desi!

Where did you check the jan date on Ap approval? USCIS still showing 8/11.

response to uruguest

by jan date
I meant approvals of july - august that came in in early jan
sorry if it caused any confusion

mazdur_desi,

I wouldn't advise you to travel without your AP in hand! You absolutely need it before you leave the country.

If your AP had been approved but not in hand, I would say you can gamble, but without approval I suggest you cancel or post pone the trip.

I am chaffing at this delay myself. Waiting for approval and I am on the cusp, having applied on 08/13/03. So just 2 days beyond the bloody JIT. Haven't planned the trip yet since this approval is taking for ever. Hope to get it soon, the next time I will remember to apply atleast 6 months prior to expiry of current AP. This wait is endless. And unfortunately, my H1 has expired at the same time, so can't even use that to travel. What a horrible mess. :(

Good luck with your trip and AP approval.

same situation; got H1 premium done

but due to screwed up W-2s and one past rejection under 212(g)
hesitating to leave without AP
However, I will try to get H1 done and if there is an issue will try to return on AP
need backup for everything when dealing with BCIS

Any AP lost in mail experience?

My AP was approved on 12/29/02, and the online message says "send to the persion issued on 1/2/04", however, I have not received it yet. It is more than 10 days now, a little bit strange.

By the way, my ND is 8/19/2003

Anyone has similar experience?

To Candie

Mine was approved on dec 30th and on Jan 6th the online message changed from approval notice to document made is sent to person whom issued. Yesterday I checked with my attorney and it seams they got it couple of days back.
So why don't you check with your attorney.
My wac is 03-245 (Aug 28th, 2003)

mid july applications still pending????

I see that several AP applications applied on the July 14-15. 2003 dates have not been approved whereas august approvals are pouring in. My ND is July 15 and I am one of them. I have asked my lawer to inquire at BCIS regarding my case, but considering his past non-cooperating attitude, I dont have much hope in him getting me any information. If any other member has a similar case, or have any information regarding this, please share.

In general, what do you guys advise about sending fax or making phone call to CSC. How has the experience been in past?

Thanks
tihomg

I131 wac03-212-5xxxx

my experience

I have faxed / mailed two requests to CSC to expedite the process and put in one visit to san jose office
Reason was a legal issue (non medical). No response.

Received AP

AP Approved : 12/29/03
Message changed to "Mailed the document..." on 1/6/2004
Received AP by my attorney on 1/13/2004
WC
03-206-5xxxx

I have my tickets booked for india for jan end.
I applied for my AP in end of august 2003 but haven't received approval. Also previous AP has expired. I do have a renewed H1-B extension but the visa on my passport has expired.

Is it ok if I leave without AP approval and get H1 stanped in india.
Does anyone see any risk in it ? or any other advise.

thanxs in advance

Re: mid july applications still pending????

Originally posted by tihomg
I see that several AP applications applied on the July 14-15. 2003 dates have not been approved whereas august approvals are pouring in. My ND is July 15 and I am one of them. I have asked my lawer to inquire at BCIS regarding my case, but considering his past non-cooperating attitude, I dont have much hope in him getting me any information. If any other member has a similar case, or have any information regarding this, please share.

In general, what do you guys advise about sending fax or making phone call to CSC. How has the experience been in past?

Thanks
tihomg

I131 wac03-212-5xxxx

even my ap is pending for more than 6 months now...just hang in there. my ap renewal was received by bcis on july 14, 2003. (i-131 wac-03-211-5*) and even my wife's ap is stuck with bcis.

what a bunch of bums at bcis.

Same here ... AP ND of July 15, 2003. ... no approval yet.

Can't even enquire with the BCIS until at least the next Processing Times report - probably early-Feb.

Wondering if mid-July applications have randomly fallen behind, or have been misplaced at the BCIS?

AP RD 07/15/03 - heard from attorney

Originally posted by 2manyques
Same here ... AP ND of July 15, 2003. ... no approval yet.

Can't even enquire with the BCIS until at least the next Processing Times report - probably early-Feb.

Wondering if mid-July applications have randomly fallen behind, or have been misplaced at the BCIS?

Reply from my immigration lawyer regarding my I131 ND 07/15 wac 032125xxxx
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will send an inquiry. They will usually reject these if it is within
30 days of the date they are supposedly working on. His was filed 7-15-03 and say that they are working on 8-11-03. But asking never does any harm

It is possible, but highly unlikely, that his file was lost. They bar
code all of the files and track their movements, so this doesn't happen very often. It's far more likely that they are just misrepresenting their backlog.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will post as soon as I hear from my attorney.

WAC-03-234 Approved

I-131 filed myself approved on 01/16/04

RD: Aug/12/03
ND Aug/13/03
AD: Jan/16/03

5 months processing for AP.