AOS Interview Timeline

info pass for EAD

Congratulations on your interview letter. You can get an info pass at the local DO if you dont have your EAD on day 90. They will give you the EAD on the spot .
try it ...good luck..

GOT the GREEN CARD STAMP

Yeah~ Today is the 91 day of the whole green card process(starting from the day that I sent out all the files) and luckily I passed today's greencard interview.
So, once again, thanks to all the people on this thread and good luck to you all. ( It's eazy for me to say now that :) Please do not worry and when it is about the time, the green card stamp will come to you.) Use all the energy of worrying about when it will come to do something more meaningful. :D Good Luck to You ALL.

Approved case

I have passed the interview. The officer gave me a stamp but only valid for 1 month and he said I should get card within 3 weeks. I also have received emails re I 130 stating:
An interview was conducted in this case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete
Has anyone has the same experience before???

On I-485 there was no change. I am praying for getting actual card as the officer said.
I guess I gotta wait for the card, till I get my card in my hand I will be more calm.

Nationality: Mexican
DO: Philadelphia

Sent I-130 & I-485 to Chicago Day 0 (August 16)
RD: Day 1 (August 17)
ND: Day 7 (August 23)
LUD (I-130 & I-485) Day 13 (August 29)
WAITING...
Will update with time

thira80 said:
Congratulations on your interview letter. You can get an info pass at the local DO if you dont have your EAD on day 90. They will give you the EAD on the spot .
try it ...good luck..

Thanks. I tried today... they said they don't do that anymore. (maybe only in my DO?). Even if EAD can be issued, it has to be mailed, he said.

blondy said:
I have passed the interview. .

Blondy - congratulations ! As for the rest of it, I wouldn't worry. After reading these accounts of the "quirks" of each Officer or discrepancies in procedure from office to office, I'm not surprised. You should be getting your card soon, but I know that doesn't make the Additional Waiting any easier. Its almost over.. breathe ! :D

pipitastro said:
Thanks. I tried today... they said they don't do that anymore. (maybe only in my DO?). Even if EAD can be issued, it has to be mailed, he said.

That is too bad.. I just made an observation today.. Your interview date is the same as mine..

Rd 07/13/06
Nd 07/19/06
Fp 08/09/06
Interview letter received 08/26/06
Interview date 10/17/06

No Ead or Ap
Case status not available online !

Timeline update

Total 152 days since applying till receiving Actual Green Card.
DO: Bloomington, MN
It's not the fastest among all the cases, but at least I got it.
I am still very happy about that.
Interview went just like everyone else. Nothing specific.
Finally my husband and I made it.
Thanks for all the help we've gotten from those absolutely helpful people in this forum since this February.
I wish for those people that are still waiting the best luck.
See you in a couple years.

Congratulations Fonzie...

Getting a interview date does not seem to be the end of it. USCIS seems to be processing immigration cases faster than FBI can clear name checks.

When I went to interview (the interview was for 5 minutes, he wanted only those documents for which I had copies, no photos), the officer told me there were a lot of people who have name check pending. Within a few weeks from the interview, almost all of them receive the GC except those few unlucky ones for whom it takes months.

ND FP&BIO: Day 12 (August 28)
LUD (I-130) Day 16 (September 1)
FP & BIO DONE Day 22 (September 7)
WAITING...
Will update with time

ND FP&BIO: Day 12 (August 28)
LUD (I-130) Day 16 (September 1)
LUD (I-130) Day 20 (September 5)
FP & BIO DONE Day 22 (September 7)
WAITING...
Will update with time

Here is my timeline..

RD: 06/01/06, I-130, 485
ND: 06/08/06, I-130, 485
ND: 07/06/06, I-485 Interview notice
Interview Date: 08/31/06 (Recommend for approval, no stamp :( )
ND: 08/31/06 I-130 Approval
09/06/06: Welcome notice was sent out (email notification)

Last edited by a moderator:
XiaopingZer said:
Yeah~ Today is the 91 day of the whole green card process(starting from the day that I sent out all the files) and luckily I passed today's greencard interview.
So, once again, thanks to all the people on this thread and good luck to you all. ( It's eazy for me to say now that :) Please do not worry and when it is about the time, the green card stamp will come to you.) Use all the energy of worrying about when it will come to do something more meaningful. :D Good Luck to You ALL.

Congrats Good On ye & Warmest wishes for you rnew life in USA,
What DO was your interview at, It is good to know they still stamp approvals too :cool:

Congrats best of luck!
Warmly,
Addie, Ako & Airilei

Any cases from Boston DO?

Hi guys,

I see many people from all over US, but no one from Boston DO. Any Bostonians out there to check the AOS with? It seems Boston is kind of slow compared with other DO's.

Thanks in advance.
Peace :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Durres Special said:
Hi guys,

I see many people from all over US, but no one from Boston DO. Any Bostonians out there to check the AOS with? It seems Boston is kind of slow compared with other DO's.

Thanks in advance.
Peace :cool:

I remember seeing many Bostonians.
And that Boston DO is one of the fastest. Interview notices are received in a couple of months usually.
You got a RFE so it'll take a little longer but still...

Thanks.

sarrebal said:
I remember seeing many Bostonians.
And that Boston DO is one of the fastest. Interview notices are received in a couple of months usually.
You got a RFE so it'll take a little longer but still...

I have applied for 3 people. Same data and dates. Only one has the RFE and LUD's. I sent the additional info the next day and all they wanted was the long form of Affidavit of Support. I had sent the EZ one which by the way was what they really needed but you know...!!! The other applications have nothing. One of the others has only I-485 (I-130 was approved over 1 year ago) but not even a LUD. I don't understand what is taking so long. I need 10 more days to make 2 months from the mailing date.

Peace out. :cool:

What does this mean?

I just got two e-mails that say:

"On September 8, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office."

Why did they send it in California and not in Boston (my DO)??? Any body knows?

Thanks in advance. :cool: