AOS Interview Timeline

Just got email notification today that I've been approved. Please update the list!!

Venus: Sorry to hear about the six-month wait... but look at my sig timeline. My DO is notorious for being very slow. It was BAD! They notified me of interview date around July, so it was eight months wait for me.

StringerBell's

DO -San Jose, CA
F1 married to USC
Applied for i-130, i-765, i-485-June 14th 2006
Returned-Incomplete-Sent back, June 23rd
RD-June 26th
ND-June 29th
Biometrics i-485, completed-July 15th
Biometrics i-765, completed- July 27th
Interview letter ND-July 19th :)
Interview Date-Sept 12th ;)
Welcome Notice Email received-Sept. 15th :p
Approval Notice Email received-Sept. 20th :D
Welcome Notice Letter-Sept. 21st :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone receive i-130 Receipt later than others?

I have mailed out the package on 7/26 and received receipt for 485, 131 and 765 on 8/7 and finished fingerprints already. But I still didn't receive anything about i-130? does any have the same experience? Is i-130 processed by the different office than 485 package?

Thanks

I-130

Hello.
I filed my applications on August 29. I received the receipt notice on all of them on the same date September 07.

8/29 Filed applications: I485, I765, I130,I131
9/01 RD for all applications
9/07 ND for all applications
9/21 Finger Print done

By the way.., How long does it usually take to receive an approval on I131?? I need to go back to my country soon, is there any emergency travel permit that I can apply for while waiting for I-131?? DO you know anything about it??

My experience - please add to tracker

USC filed for Mexican husband
8/26/06 mailed I-485/I-130 + all supplemental forms
8/28/06 RD
9/20/06 FP/Bio
11/08/06 AOS interview scheduled

my experience

got married late march.hasnt sent the paperwork until 6/3/06.went to fingerprinting 6/28/06.recieved ead on or about 8/29/06.recieved aos interview notice 8/19/06.we had the interview in philadelphia.other than the parking and wait it went well.most of the questions were directed at me.nothing intrusive.i have reading these posts quite some time now.some got their passports stamped.some didnt.the interviewer said welcome to your new life and i should be getting green card in about 2 weeks.
He kept the i-94,but hasnt asked to see ead.i have couple of questions, i am hoping some of you can answer.
1.i havent asked about fingerprint results or name check and he didnt mention
2.a friend of mine told me if i had less than 6 months on the passport,they woulndt stamp it.is it true?

oh i forgot to mention,there was a couple smooching in the waiting room.i wouldnt have looked at them twice but in that room it seemed tacky.it would raise question as to why you were trying so hard.thats my opinion anyways

mvera--

Our timelines are almost identical -- our RD is the same, and my FP/Bio was one day before yours. Our DO is San Francisco, so maybe we'll get something in the mail soon too! (One can always hope.) By the way, did you see any updates of your case status online or receive any emails? We haven't heard a thing.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
affidavit of support - does it delay our interview notice

Hi all

We have sent all documents but the affidavit of support ,unfortunately my wife does not make the amount required, we are now looking for a third party to help us with this.

question:

we have been asked for affidavit of support, does it mean, that we will not get an interview date until we find someone that can help us? or it does not effect our applications in terms of interview notice and we might be required to show this documents at the interview itself?

thanks charles

charles1 said:
Hi all

We have sent all documents but the affidavit of support ,unfortunately my wife does not make the amount required, we are now looking for a third party to help us with this.

question:

we have been asked for affidavit of support, does it mean, that we will not get an interview date until we find someone that can help us? or it does not effect our applications in terms of interview notice and we might be required to show this documents at the interview itself?

thanks charles
You should send the papers asap! If they only needed you to bring the affidavit of support to the interview, they would've mentioned it in the letter.

recently filed I-485, I-130, I-131 -- san francisco DO

Just got receipt notices for the three forms. Checks got cashed right away... now just waiting for FP/bio appt. Hopefully things will keep running smoothly at the SF DO!

Any idea if I'll get AP before Christmas?

----------------------------------------------
Mexican citizen (male) married to USC (female)
Previously F1 (PhD student at UC Berkeley)
DO: San Francisco

Priority mailed I-485, I-130, I-131 to Chicago mailbox: 09/24/06
RD I-485, I-130, I-131: 09/28/06
ND for I-485, I-130, I-131: 10/03/06
Checks cashed: 10/05/06

Hi anjianbitionjf,

I don't know if APs are processed in San Francisco or at the NBC, but things are moving very fast at SF. We didn't apply for AP, but the rest of the stuff seems to be moving quickly. (See my signature for our timeline.)

Good luck!

Hi Guys,

Plz see my timeline and advise if it's still fine to wait.My case is a DV 2007 based,mailed I-485 to Chicago Lockbox on 09/28 but no receipt as yet.

Thank you.