AOS Interview Timeline

We had our interview yesterday morning! We had prepared our supporting documents meticulously starting a week prior. In about 15 minutes after our names were called, we walked out of the building with an approved case. Most of the questions were directed at my wife, the beneficiary of all this. The officer basically wanted to elucidate the background of our relationship, as it was long-distance for about 2 1/2 years before we married.

Her current full name, where we lived, when we met, and how we got together pretty much sums up the gist of the interview. He only really asked to see supporting evidence that we lived together. A joint lease agreement and bank account, as well an album of wedding and supplementary photos were furnished and he seemed to be satisfied. He stamped my wife's passport, which was expired, with a warning that she won't be able to travel without getting a renewed passport.

All in all, we were both relieved that this ordeal ended, and a more important one can now begin. The path to immigration in the U.S. is a labyrinth, and I don't think we could have done it without the help of this site. Thank you, everyone, and good luck to all who are still in the process!

Interview in San Jose, CA

We went to the interview in San Jose, on Oct 17, standard questions (relationship, verify again personal information) but since we did not bring the paystubs of our co-sponsor (my wife is changing career so currently not working), we had to go back on Oct 19 and then the officer approved our case. He said the welcome letter would come in about 2 weeks and the card in a month after that. No need for a stamp in the passport (unless you have to travel very soon after the approval.

Some observations:
1) don't assume they have everything in file, be prepared to present the same thing again
2) bring the original documents so they can check the validity of the photocopies you submittedd
3) bring the most recent documents (especially those about finance, employment)

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience and good luck with those pending cases!

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally received an interview notice today - after 218 days of waiting!
That's over 7 months. I hope this whole experience will be over soon.
Good luck to eveyrone and I hope your wait times are much shorter!

Hello All,

I wanted to post our experience with our interview held today in Newark, NJ. Our appt. was for 8:00 at 8:20, our name was called and we began our interview with the immigration officer. My husband and I had organized all of our supporting documents so that we would have no problems in locating them. I had my job type up a formal letter stating my salary and time at my position. We also provided tax returns, insurance info., pictures, paystubs, etc.

At any rate the immigration officer flipped through our chart and would ask us questions not directed at either one of us. She then asked my husband if he had ever met my mom and what was her name, and what was my dad's name, where did we get married, have our honeymoon, etc. She then asked me the same questions, if I ever met my husband's parents, where were they located, etc.

She made us so at ease, she was so nice and the entire process was painless. She stamped the back of my husband's passport (I-551, and an employment authorization stamp), and we were told we will have to submit an I-751 because we have been married such a short period of time. Our first anniversary is 11/4/06. She encouraged us to go and obtain our social security numbers, which we did today. She also encouraged us to begin gathering more documents with my husband's name on them. I was really worried about this, but it proved not to be an issue.

Thanks so much to everyone on this site. The insight provided here is invaluable. Our process is not quite over, but we are on our way. Good luck to all who are still going through the process.

I-130: RD 3/13/06, ND 3/16/06
I-485: RD 3/13/06, ND 3/16/06
I-765: RD 3/13/06, ND 3/16/06
I-797: FP & BIO ND 3/22/06; appt. 4/5/06
(We had a delay because we did not submit our medical info with the rest of the information, so we had 87 days to submit and that was done and sent in)
I-797D (Work Authorization) RD: 9/7/06
Interview notice: 9/15/06
Interview today: 11/2/04 APPROVED!

klo said:
Hello All,

I wanted to post our experience with our interview held today in Newark, NJ. Our appt. was for 8:00 at 8:20, our name was called and we began our interview with the immigration officer. My husband and I had organized all of our supporting documents so that we would have no problems in locating them. I had my job type up a formal letter stating my salary and time at my position. We also provided tax returns, insurance info., pictures, paystubs, etc.

At any rate the immigration officer flipped through our chart and would ask us questions not directed at either one of us. She then asked my husband if he had ever met my mom and what was her name, and what was my dad's name, where did we get married, have our honeymoon, etc. She then asked me the same questions, if I ever met my husband's parents, where were they located, etc.

She made us so at ease, she was so nice and the entire process was painless. She stamped the back of my husband's passport (I-551, and an employment authorization stamp), and we were told we will have to submit an I-751 because we have been married such a short period of time. Our first anniversary is 11/4/06. She encouraged us to go and obtain our social security numbers, which we did today. She also encouraged us to begin gathering more documents with my husband's name on them. I was really worried about this, but it proved not to be an issue.

Thanks so much to everyone on this site. The insight provided here is invaluable. Our process is not quite over, but we are on our way. Good luck to all who are still going through the process.

(We had a delay because we did not submit our medical info with the rest of the information, so we had 87 days to submit and that was done and sent in)

Congrats!!!
Why do u say that ur process is not over?
My DO was Newark too.Can u please let me know your country of origin?

hi i have my interview 11-3-2006
it was nice but the officer said that iam done for today but he cannot approve my case yet cause there still security check and he said its matter of time till he got the clearance then he he can approve
any body here know any thing about security check and how long it take
my timeline is
b1 married to usc
485-131-130-765 june30-06
fb done early in september for 765 and after 2 weeks for 485
interview was 11-2-06
not approved yet waiting for the security check, the officer said
can any one tell iam so afraid worried , i donot know what is going on and when i will get gc or welcome letter ????????????????????????????????/

tapskap said:
Congrats!!!
Why do u say that ur process is not over?
My DO was Newark too.Can u please let me know your country of origin?

Hi tapskap,

I say that our process is not over, because we still have to file the I-751. I have to go to that forum and read more about that. My husband is from Trinidad.

stengiz said:
got married late march.hasnt sent the paperwork until 6/3/06.went to fingerprinting 6/28/06.recieved ead on or about 8/29/06.recieved aos interview notice 8/19/06.we had the interview in philadelphia.other than the parking and wait it went well.most of the questions were directed at me.nothing intrusive.i have reading these posts quite some time now.some got their passports stamped.some didnt.the interviewer said welcome to your new life and i should be getting green card in about 2 weeks.
He kept the i-94,but hasnt asked to see ead.i have couple of questions, i am hoping some of you can answer.
1.i havent asked about fingerprint results or name check and he didnt mention
2.a friend of mine told me if i had less than 6 months on the passport,they woulndt stamp it.is it true?

Did you ever get an answer for your questions.

gemy2710 said:
hi i have my interview 11-3-2006
it was nice but the officer said that iam done for today but he cannot approve my case yet cause there still security check and he said its matter of time till he got the clearance then he he can approve
any body here know any thing about security check and how long it take
my timeline is
b1 married to usc
485-131-130-765 june30-06
fb done early in september for 765 and after 2 weeks for 485
interview was 11-2-06
not approved yet waiting for the security check, the officer said
can any one tell iam so afraid worried , i donot know what is going on and when i will get gc or welcome letter ????????????????????????????????/
Check my time line, gave interview in March 06, still waiting. Am preparing to RENEW advance parole... has any one applied for AP via E-File... and is there a way to indicate that its renewal and not a new application for AP.
Thanks

Question Regarding Renewing Advance Parole

I have already giving interview but is pending due to name check (See Timeline). Well, I am trying a Renew Advance Parole... so where should I send my application... to my Sub Office or Chicago Lockbox (I assume if I apply by E-File, Chicago Lockbox with default)... Any insight??? Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Just wanted to update my husband's information

Welcome to America Letter 11/10/06
Permanent Resident Card received 11/14/06 :p :p

add to my time line

just want to add that i recieved interview letter dated nov 16 2006 and the interview is scheduled for 2/7/07 memphis DO

my timeline

Dear All,
I want to add my timeline to the statistics table. And thanks to the organizers for such a great website!
M.

Nationality: Italian
DO: Chicago
06/28/06: I-130, I-485, I-765 mailed to Chicago lockbox
06/29/06: RD (Day 1)
07/06/06: ND for I-130, I-485, I-765 (Day 7)
07/10/06: Received Biometrics appointment letter, Code 3 (Day 11)
07/25/06: FP, Biometrics taken (Day 26)
09/16/06: Interview notice received (Day 79)
09/25/06: EAD received (Day 88)
10/26/06: Interview - Approved - Passport NOT stamped (Day 120)
10/28/06: Welcome notice received (Day 122)
11/03/06: GC received (Day 128) :)

Hi all,

Here's my timeline:

RD: 09/15/2006
ND: 09/21/2006
Interview date: 01/03/2007
DO: San Jose, CA

My biometrics were not taken, which means I won't see a green card for God knows how long, even if they approve us right away :(

question

i am new here and am very interested in the timelines since i am going to file within the next few days (through a lawyer though). I just found this site last week and haven't figured out all the abreviations that are posted along with the timelines. Could someone explain all of them please or direct me to a post that has them listed (couldn't find that either)..

Thank you

Please add my timeline.

Hello Everyone,

I got approved last week. I should have shared with you earlier but my connection was down for days. Here is what I have for you.

I am the beneficiary and my USC hubby is a full time student.
I got there 15 mins to 11am. Interview was called at 11.10am. A friendly lady in mid-30s called and sworn us in. She went through all the paperworks, verified the information, asked for my passport, my I-94 and EAD. She took away my I-94 and EAD. She asked us where we met the first time, my current job with proof of my employment. She asked about our co-sponsor. I showed her the latest pay-stub. She enjoyed talking with my hubby about his education. She asked whether we brought any proof of joint bills. We nodded but she did not see any of them. She stamped my paper and said I will be receiving my condtional green card next 2 weeks and reminded us that we should file for removal 90days prior the expiration of the card. She did not mention about my namecheck. She just said that we were approved. She did not stamp my passport either.

I was happy and speechless. The interview was about 10 mins only. The IO was in hurry indeed. Be frank, I had over-prepared my stuff. I brought a bookbag of documents to show we are real. In fact, I realised that the IOs know every body languages display within couples. We should prove to the IOs that we are loving couples and we deserve the rights to be together.

Foremost, thanks for everyone here. The experiences and questions/answers posted in this forum are helpful. I suggest new signers should spend quality time reading through every relevent thread posted in here.

Now, I am waiting for my welcome notice. I noticed that some people received their notice couple days later after the interview. As of today
( day 8), I have not received my welcome notice. I am planning to schedule for infopass. I have my new job beginning next week and I do not have any document including my EAD to prove my employment. Also, there weren't any changes yet to I-475 and I-130 in the website. It said " pending for decision making". Any idea out there to resolve my issue? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

I wish everyone here good luck and best in success.

DO: Chicago, IL
RD: 8/1 ( Day 1)
ND: 8/10 ( day9)
FP: 8/23 ( day 22)
RFE requested: 8/17 ( day 16)
RFE responded: 9/13 ( day 43)
EAD received: 10/01 ( day 61)
Interview notice: 10/16 ( day 75)
Interviewed: 11/27- Approved ( day 118)
* waiting for welcome notice and GC*

Finally, approved!!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the long absence.

After a few delays, green card interview on 5th December - very quick, few general questions, and the officer looked through our pictures.

Passport stamped. Apparently the green card arrives in around 3 weeks by mail.

A straight forward, stress free experience!

D.O. Chicago
Original filling date August 25th 2005

Some thing new..

Hey Guys,

My parent's case was transfered to CSC and got the CG without interview. I kind of understand that. But last week my spouse's case was transfered in SCS as well. What in the god's name does this mean?!?!? Anyone knows any case like this? Is my spouse gonna get GC witout interview as well?!?!?

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Peace out. :cool: