AOS Interview Timeline

to Mohit

Hi Mohit!

Congratulations on your interview schedule. I will make sure to post it here as soon as I am done so you will be a little less tense.

take care and good luck! :)

Anya

Our timeline for Memphis TN DO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F-1 married to USC - DO: Memphis, TN 4/2003

1//05 - Sent I-130
3/05 - i-130 Approved
5/05 - Sent I-485, I-765, I-864
7/05- I-765 Approved
7/05 - FP completed
6/06 - 2nd I-765 approved
7/06 - Received interview notice
8/06 - Interview date : APPROVED

Years of marriage to date: 3.5
Days took to get approved: 455
Interviewer telling me that I was a lawful permanent resident: timeless

For everything else use USCIS =)

predsrule said:
Our timeline for Memphis TN DO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F-1 married to USC - DO: Memphis, TN 4/2003

1//05 - Sent I-130
3/05 - i-130 Approved
5/05 - Sent I-485, I-765, I-864
7/05- I-765 Approved
7/05 - FP completed
6/06 - 2nd I-765 approved
7/06 - Received interview notice
8/06 - Interview date : APPROVED

Years of marriage to date: 3.5
Days took to get approved: 455
Interviewer telling me that I was a lawful permanent resident: timeless

For everything else use USCIS =)

Did u mail ur application directly to the Memphis DO or to the National Benefits Center?

Boston / SSN

Hi, my receipt dates etc. were even 4 weeks before yours. After the internet information kept on showing that my medical stuff was missing, I got an infopass appointment to figure out what was going on. They told me all my stuff looks fine and the only thing that is still missing is my interview date.

I asked them how long it could take, they told me that they had no idea and that I need to wait until I get a letter stating my appointment.

When I told the INS officer that we are moving to Texas in December (my husband is in the military) he just gave me another form to transfer my stuff to Texas. Guess this looks like I have to wait longer than this year December....

I kinda have a problem to get a SSN as well. Can anyone here tell me how and when I get the SSN? It is kinda hart to not have a US driving license and without my military ID card I would be lost here. Especially as my stepdaughter is special needs and needs to be driven to at least 3 appointments per week.

Thanks for answers,

Viola

monstrita said:
Our interview, scheduled for 5/31/06, got cancelled today :(
I called USCIS and they said there was probably a scheduling conflict and that we'd get a new date soon.
I'm hoping we get rescheduled earlier ;) but the rep said he wouldn't bet on it.

Has this happened to anyone else in Boston? Or anywhere else?

Got AOS Interview Notice!!!

DO: Chicago, IL
I-485/I-130/I-765 concurrently filed
06/29/06 Fedexed package to Chicago lockbox
7/05/06 ND receipt date for all forms
07/06/06 All LUD
07/25/06 Biometrics taken
08/18/06 Interview Letter sent
8/23/06 Interview Letter received
10/03/06 Interview date :)

Lud

LUD changed to 8/17/06 for I-485 and I-130. Interview date is 9/14/06. Any idea what could be going on about a month before the interview? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
great news

Hi FMH031706,

Congratulations!!! your application seems to be advancing on a decent timeline. Do you know if your name check is done. I have been told that you can find out by getting an infopass. good luck..
My DO is detroit aswell ,, and I was looking at the processing times online and it said dec 30/05 for I-485. Well seeing your timeline certainly makes me question the information online and gives me a ton of hope..

good luck again

Approved at Jacksonville

:) THANKS a lot to this PORTAL (the hosts and the members) and the professional and competent AO's of Jacksonville. Our interview lasted 12 minutes. And at NO point did we feel intimidated or harrassed.

May 05 - ND
May 30 - Biometric
Jun 20 - Interview Letter
Jul 07 - AP
Jul 14 - EAD
Jul 17 - Applied SSN
Aug 10 - Interview . Approved and Passport Stamped,
Aug 10 - Approval E Mail
Aug 14 - SSN received with (work only)
Aug 21 - Green card Received
Aug 22 - Reapplied for SSN
01 sep ----( Hopefully) SSN expected by (two weeks :since background check cleared and previous SSN Card returned)
NO LUD’s & No RFE’s..
Picture on EAD and Green Card--the one taken during Biometrics. (I wish I had more makeup ;) .)

A lot of spl thanks to ARI4U and Patty579.

My personal opinion/Conclusion.
There is nothing to be scared or nervous if the marriage is genuine . The AO’s can spot a genuine marriage. Yes there are security cameras in the foyer. Dress smartly for the interview( we didn’t wear a coat or tie or shorts or polo shirt and NO major display of flesh..) Our wedding rings were in plain view.We had filled our forms based on fillable and samples at http://www.immihelp.com/forms/immigration.html. and were over prepared for the interview www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/marriage-based-greencard-fraud-interview.html. and knew the specifics contained in the G-325.

If you are organized and reduce their workload they will be more than happy to make your life less miserable. Joint documents ( at least Three) are required for records. They retain three of them and give the rest back.. Certain details NOT filled by NSC are corrected and filled by the AO. Documents missing in the check list are taken from you and the file updated if required. The AO was in a position to grant approval right away. The mail from CRIS however came only at night ( 9 PM).

If joint documents are sent along with original application the chances of NOT getting called for interviews is high. After all the aim of USCIS is to verify the authenticity of marriage and if joint proof beyond reasonable doubt exists why bother with an interview when a few calls and a credit check is sufficient.
We are definitely going to flood USCIS with joint documents for the removal of conditions in two years..and avoid a trip.

ALL the best to everyone waiting.

Thanks thira80 - I have no idea about our name check; however, it's been on my mind a lot lately (especially after reading the posts in the Name Check thread)! I called the FBI and was told that my husband's FP's came back clear on the same day they were taken. If it weren't for the fact that we work during the day and are 2 hours away from our DO, we would have done infopass in a heartbeat (re: name check). There's definitely hope for your case to move along smoothly; don't pay attention to the processing dates on the USCIS website, they're totally unpredictable. I'll be happy to answer questions you might have along the way. Good luck!! :)

thira80 said:
Hi FMH031706,

Congratulations!!! your application seems to be advancing on a decent timeline. Do you know if your name check is done. I have been told that you can find out by getting an infopass. good luck..
My DO is detroit aswell ,, and I was looking at the processing times online and it said dec 30/05 for I-485. Well seeing your timeline certainly makes me question the information online and gives me a ton of hope..

good luck again

finger print processed!

hi FMH031706

I couldnt wait to find out what happened with my FP after reading your message. I got a number from my local FBI office and called. My finger print was processed the same day and sent back to USCIS..
does that mean everything is ok ???

thanks

Unfortunately, no :( The fingerprint is separate from the name check and it's the name check that seems to be a troublemaker.

thira80 said:
hi FMH031706

I couldnt wait to find out what happened with my FP after reading your message. I got a number from my local FBI office and called. My finger print was processed the same day and sent back to USCIS..
does that mean everything is ok ???

thanks

letter received

here is my timelime

Do : Detroit

July 10- forms sent
July 13- forms received
July 19- Notice date
Aug 10- FP
Aug 25- Interview letter received
Oct 17-Interview

Aos Timeline

hi there, here is my deal.

Little Britain.

Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Day 01 Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) letter dated 5/10/06 (I693 required)
RFE arrives at USCIS/NBC 5/25/06
RFE (I485) received (processed) by USCIS 5/26/06
Day 063 Infopass - 31st May 06 (Informed FBI background check fine!!)
June 20th D-Day EAD Approval email
6/24 EAD Received!!!:)
LUD I-485 8/26/06 – Got interview date
LUD I-130 8/11/06 – no status yet
LUD I765 8/11/06

AOS Interview 10/16/06

Got social security number within about a week after applying for it.

New Timeline

Nationality: Mexican
DO: Philadelphia

Sent I-130 & I-485 to Chicago Day 0 (August 16)
RD: Day 1 (August 17)
ND: Day 7 (August 23)
WAITING...
Will update with time