AOS Interview Timeline

a_usc said:
Huska,

Congratulations!!. It's been a tough journey for you.

As for removing the conditions - it's the same for everyone. If AOS is approved before 2nd wedding anniversary, you get a conditional GC and one needs to apply for the removal of conditions 3 months prior to the second anniversary of the AOS (ie 1 yr and 9 months from the day you get your AOS approved).

a usc,
Thank you! Indeed this has been a tough process. However, I am convinced that if you have everything in place and if there is no major malfunction with your application, sooner or later your case will be approved. I was concerned if I would get involved in "name check" dilemma, but again there are only six people alive in the "world" with my last name!!!! And I am the only one with name and last name conbination....So, I was wondering if they are going to screw up on this!!! BUT didn't happened. This makes me think if most of name check issues are REALLY an issue for commonalities??? I guess we'll never know that!!

Have a nice day!
HusKa

Timeline Update

monstrita said:
Notice Date: 12/14/05
Receipt date: 12/22/05
I-485 FP Notice: 1/27/06
1-485 FP: 2/10/06
I-765 FP: 3/27/06
I-765 Rec'd: 4/1/06
Interview Notice: 4/20/06
Interview Cancelled: 5/2/06
Interview Date: ?????
DO: Boston

Our interview, scheduled for 5/31/06, got cancelled today :(
I called USCIS and they said there was probably a scheduling conflict and that we'd get a new date soon.
I'm hoping we get rescheduled earlier ;) but the rep said he wouldn't bet on it.

Has this happened to anyone else in Boston? Or anywhere else?

Cr6

Hey Ari4U,

Could you please update the spreadsheet as per below. Our interview has resulted with no problems, and my passport has got stamped.

Thanks.
Huska

F1 married to USC filed I-130, I-485, I-765
May 14: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
May 18: [Day 1 ] Received Date
June 08: [Day 22 ] Checks cashed
June 09: [Day 23 ] Notice Date
June 13: [Day 27 ] NOAs have been received
July 08 : [Day 52] RFE (I-485) *Supplemental to I693
July 27: [Day 71] FP&BIO done
August 01 : [Day 76] RFE completed and Mailed
August 05 : [Day 80] RFE Received by USCIS
September 22 : [Day 128] Interim EAD for 6 Months
October 22 : [Day 158] EAD received for one year
December 13 : [Day 220] Invitation for Interview
February 23 : [Day 292] Interview @ Fairfax, VA [Files were sent to NYC!]
March 8 : [Day 305] Second Invitation for Interview
May 1 : [Day 359] Interview @ Fairfax, VA -APPROVED CR6-

Woot!

My mom and I just got our interview notice (Notice date of May 3rd, 2006) for June 13th, 2006 at 8 am at the Boston DO office. Our priority date is October 24th, 2005.

status update

GC/ AOS for a Parent
Newark DO
I-485 & AP Applied after I130 Approved.
Receipt Dt: Jan 22 '06 (I-485)
Notice Dt: Jan 27 '06
Recd AP Approval: Feb 17 '06
Finger Prints Done: Feb 23 '06
FP approved and sent to INS within 24 hours i.e Feb 24 '06 ... According to Service Rep at FBI FP section.
IL Notice Date: Apr 24 '06
Interview Date: Jun 27 '06

My Timeline

Hi Ari,
Here is our time line, Its in my signature. And my inteview experience is in the main thread. So you will be able to paste in ALWAYS useful inteview collection. :)
Seeya'll in the Removal in conditions forum and then Naturalization forum. :D
Love and Kindness to All!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ari,

Would you please update your thread with our timeline too?

Thanks,

Hogwart - Once again... Congratulations. God bless you! :)

a_usc said:
Hi Ari,

Would you please update your thread with our timeline too?

Thanks,

Hogwart - Once again... Congratulations. God bless you! :)

Hi a_usc,

Thank You for your warm wishes! we will pray for you guys on June 20th. I have a good feeling that you guys will do good. :)
God Bless You too!

Hi I received mi notice for Interview. It says: Request for Applicant to appear for Initial Interview.

Does this mean anything? How many interviews are there? Or does everyones else say the same. The interview is for June 15th.

Thanks

hey ari post my timeline in the table

i have all the dates in my signature ari if you dont mind put me up there with the rest

Rentry Document

I have my interview on early June.My Malaysia Cousalate will not renew expired passport---that is the new policy.Malaysia Counsalte can issue an emergency certificate which is valid for going to Malaysia for renewing my passport. If I pass my interview, will immgration officer offer certain document that I pass the interview?

gaby_flaks said:
Hi I received mi notice for Interview. It says: Request for Applicant to appear for Initial Interview.

Does this mean anything? How many interviews are there? Or does everyones else say the same. The interview is for June 15th.

Thanks

That is a standard message for AOS interview they just call it 'Initial Interview'. Most often the result of this interview itself is conclusive. There are cases however, where a second interview may be required - owing to several different reason.

Need a favor

Everyone... Please take a minute to look at the AOS interview timeline table and let me know if the info against your username needs correction/updating. If you dont find your name, post your info or send me a PM and i will add your name in the table. Thanks a bunch!

AOS Interview

ari4u said:
Everyone... Please take a minute to look at the AOS interview timeline table and let me know if the info against your username needs correction/updating. If you dont find your name, post your info or send me a PM and i will add your name in the table. Thanks a bunch!

Interview went well but name is still stuck in FBI Name check. :mad:

Does anobody know how can I find out anything from FBI in this regards?

Any help will be highly helpful.

Sameer

Last edited by a moderator:
R1 status

Hi there, I am a brand new member, needing to ask a new question. Sorry. I am a R1 visa holder but going to marry USC in June. Can I still continue working after I submit all the documents in June? Or do I have to stop until I receive an EA card? Can anyone help me?

Is this unusual?

Folks,

Base on the following details, is my case unusual?

I-131/I-485 Received Date: 03/02/04
Interview: Aug 2005
Was told: 'approved pending security check'
It has been 2 years and 3 months since filing application....

Wrote to Ombudsman, Congressman and the Interview Officer. Any other ideas?

thanks,
Waj

Got Passport Stamped Today

Freinds!!
I am so happy today... finally my GC got approved.. Wanted to share my interview experience at Fairfax, VA.

I had my appointment scheduled at 10:15 am in Fairfax, VA office. Arrived there by 10:00 am. There was some line outside but managed to get inside by 10:10 am. Went staright upto the receptionist and handed over the interview letter. To my surprise my named was called exactly after 10 mins at 10:20 am. I was little nervous but my wife was cool. The officer came out and took us inside the room. He was very friendly and asked us to take oath. After the oath we got seated and he asked jokingly to my wife "Are you sure you want to keep your husband in US". We all laughed.
Long story short he started looking at the files and said he'll start with I-130 and asked my wife if she's still working at the same place. Since my wife recently changed job he asked for new employment letter. luckily I had one. Our case was filed last year so he asked for the latest TAX return for 2005. I handed him that also. I think he was checking for financial support evidence.
For more supporting eveidence of relationship he asked for bank statements, Medical and insurance coverage, utility bills, Auto insurance. Luckily I had all the documents available. He was asking almost most of the documents for relationship mentioned in the interview letter. We had carried lot of our photographs, he didn't even asked for them.
Since my status is H1b Married to USC to my surprise he asked me for my current employment letter. I didn't have one but I had last two months paystubs so he was happy with them.
Finally he took my passport and took out the I-94 and asked me hand him over the EAD card. Then he said he'll be back in a moment. After 5 mins he came back with my passport stamped with permanent residence stamp valid for 1 year. He said congratulations you'll be getting your GC in one week. He said since we were married for more than 3 yrs I'll get it for 10 yrs.
Finally he said do you have any more ques. We said no and he happily led us out by 10:45 am.

Thanks to eveybody for sharing valuable experiences. Good luck to all.
My timeline is under id njoshi18

:) :) :)