AOS Interview Timeline

atlanta28 said:
Applied for 485 and 765 at chicago Lock Box.

DO: Atlanta
ND for both: 01/31/2006
Notice for FP appointment received on 03/07/2006
FP for EAD appointment date in the letter: 03/29/2006
Intial interview for 485 letter received:03/27/2006
Interview Scheduled on: 05/25/2006

I have a question: I received Finger printing notice for EAD and the notice included the appointment date of 03/29/2006 (I didnot call any 800 number to schedule).
Yesterday, I received the intial interview letter for May 25th 2006.
From the forums it appears that their are two finngr printings done, one for EAD and other for 485. I have not recieved any FP notice for 485. Anyone in similar situation? My local office is Atlanta.

I dont know wheter the EAD FP will take care of both as I applied for them together.

Any information is appreciated.

My appointment notice for fingerprint/biometrics was both for my EAD and I-485. My fingerprint reciept notice paperwork does indicate both I-765 and I-485 on it.

Updated timeline

Forms (485, 130, 765) mailed out December 2005.

December 22, 2005: Notice Date
January 27, 2006: 1-485 Fingerprinting Notice Received
February 10, 2006: 1-485 Fingerprinting Appointment
March 23, 2006: 1-765 Fingerprinting Appointment
April 1, 2006: EAD card received in the mail (100 days)

WRINKLE:
On March 22, 2006, 90 days after the notice date, we went to USCIS to inquire about the status of the EAD application. The immigration officer told us that the application had been approved on February 24 (62 days) and scheduled a fingerprinting appointment for the next day. On March 29, 2006, our case status changed to "approved" online and we received the card three days later.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? We were too relieved to press the immigration officer for reasons why the 1-765 fingerprinting appointment wasn't scheduled after they approved the application.

Also, has anyone recently gotten a Boston interview date?

Husband: Mexican
Wife: US citizen
DO: Boston

Here is my timeline update:
DO: LA
ND: 11/22/2005
Intial interview for 485 letter received: 04/03/2006
Interview Scheduled on: 05/09/2006

H1 married to USC

RD: 01/27/2006
FP 03/29/2006
Intrview date: 05/25/2006
DO: Atlanta GA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiddendragon38 said:
hi, all, quick question -- where is the thread for interview experience? i can't find it anymore. thanks!

You can find the link to the interview experience thread in the first post (by Ari4U) of this thread. Besides the interview experience link there are links to other very useful information related to interview that you might wanna read.

Good Luck :)

Add my timeline to the list!

So far:

I-130, I-765, I-485 for parents
RD 2/18/2006
ND 2/22/2006
FP 4/04/2006

Atlanta DO

monstrita said:
Forms (485, 130, 765) mailed out December 2005.

December 22, 2005: Notice Date
January 27, 2006: 1-485 Fingerprinting Notice Received
February 10, 2006: 1-485 Fingerprinting Appointment
March 23, 2006: 1-765 Fingerprinting Appointment
April 1, 2006: EAD card received in the mail (100 days)

WRINKLE:
On March 22, 2006, 90 days after the notice date, we went to USCIS to inquire about the status of the EAD application. The immigration officer told us that the application had been approved on February 24 (62 days) and scheduled a fingerprinting appointment for the next day. On March 29, 2006, our case status changed to "approved" online and we received the card three days later.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? We were too relieved to press the immigration officer for reasons why the 1-765 fingerprinting appointment wasn't scheduled after they approved the application.

Also, has anyone recently gotten a Boston interview date?

Husband: Mexican
Wife: US citizen
DO: Boston

Our notice date is November 1st, and my Fingerprinting was at the end of November. I got my EAD at the beginning of january. I've had nothing sense then... I'm waiting for them to update the bulliton board from March 10th, 2006, it's already almost mid april! On march 10th it said they're processing applications from October 4th, that's less then a month from november 1st. It's more then a month from march 10th, so where's my interview notice! Does anyone know how often that's updated?

Hi,

I had originally posted this in another thread but am re-posting it here as well so the timeline list can be updated. DO is Oklahoma City.

Hey all,

I had my interview about one month ago in Oklahoma City and on March 10th 2006 received my 10 year unconditional green card in the mail. The interview itself was very pleasant and overall took about 15-20 minutes. The officer simply asked for copies of any proof of joint accounts between my wife and myself (bank, electric bill, cable bill, church directory ... etc) and to see any pictures we brought with us. She retained the copies for her records and gave us back our pictures. After approving my case, she removed my TN Visa from my Canadian passport and stamped my passport with an I-551 stamp valid for 3 months. She also let me know that I would receive the 10 year card as we've been married for over 2 1/2 years. I was told to expect a 2-3 week wait for the green card. The whole process took just over 6 months from the time I filed. They surely have a very efficient office here in Oklahoma.

Here's my complete timeline:

RD: 8/24/05
AP: 10/24/05
FP Notice: 10/31/05
BIO Notice: 10/31/05
EAD: --
AOS Interview: 2/27/06
AOS Approved:2/27/06
Welcome Letter:3/3/06
Green Card Received:3/10/06

Good luck to everyone with your interviews.

Reply to Xenfinity

I do not know how often USCIS updates the website. I do know of a Boston couple however with a notice date of November 3, 2005, who had their interview on March 7th (they got approved). Since you are coming close to the 180-day period, I suggest getting an infopass appointment in Boston if you haven't heard anything by May 3rd (which whould be 180 days for you). When 90 days passed and we still hadn't heard on the EAD app, we got an infopass appointment and they scheduled a fingerprinting that day - EAD followed right afterwards. Those folks are pretty friendly over there so I'd ask them what's up if you have the time (we had to wait two hours).

Did your spouse overstay an F1 visa? I've heard that there's someone on the board that was found not eligible for that reason.

monstrita said:
I do not know how often USCIS updates the website. I do know of a Boston couple however with a notice date of November 3, 2005, who had their interview on March 7th (they got approved). Since you are coming close to the 180-day period, I suggest getting an infopass appointment in Boston if you haven't heard anything by May 3rd (which whould be 180 days for you). When 90 days passed and we still hadn't heard on the EAD app, we got an infopass appointment and they scheduled a fingerprinting that day - EAD followed right afterwards. Those folks are pretty friendly over there so I'd ask them what's up if you have the time (we had to wait two hours).

Did your spouse overstay an F1 visa? I've heard that there's someone on the board that was found not eligible for that reason.

Thanks for the Reply. No I'm speaking on behalf of my mother (the benefactor). She overstayed, along with me, a tourist visa back in 1995. Why would someone with an overstayed F1 visa be denied? I thought it was forgiven by USCIS? By the way we recieved our EAD at the beginning of january. And my mom just recieved her SS card a few days ago (for some reason I recieved me in january, we applied at the same time). And because my mom lacks documents her and my step dad haven't really be able to include themselves in car insurance/life insurance because they asked for a driver's licesnse with her new last name. We will be setting up those soon. Will it be an issue if it seems like we did it recently? We do have all the bills as joint. They have a bank account together but it has a zero balance. Because of my step-father's child support, the state has placed a lien on all bank account he opens with his name. So we pay all of our bills with Money orders (it's a pain, he's been doing it for years though). And they filed taxes married, but seperate because he didn't want to damage my mom's financial situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bio/FP completed now what?

My husband recently had his Bio/FP done on April 5th in Newark. Do we have to wait until we receive a letter from immigration to have the medical done, or can we have the medical completed on our own? (using an approved physician)

thank you!

klo said:
My husband recently had his Bio/FP done on April 5th in Newark. Do we have to wait until we receive a letter from immigration to have the medical done, or can we have the medical completed on our own? (using an approved physician)

thank you!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Im not surprised your lawyer did not inform you that I-693 (medical report) needs to be submitted with the AOS package. You will soon get an RFE that will put your case on hold till you respond to it. My advice is to get the medical done ASAP so you are ready to respond to the RFE when you get it.

ari4u said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Im not surprised your lawyer did not inform you that I-693 (medical report) needs to be submitted with the AOS package. You will soon get an RFE that will put your case on hold till you respond to it. My advice is to get the medical done ASAP so you are ready to respond to the RFE when you get it.

Thank you for your response. Everything seems to be going so well, I don't want them to delay the process! :eek:

Hello Ari4u,

Please add my timeline to the list. Thanks.
cwtt.

:eek: ... off reading threads on interview experience to prepare for mine...

H1B married to USC
DO location: Norfolk, VA
11/2/05: sent applications to Chicago lock box
11/7/05: RD (Day 00)
11/16/05: ND (Day 10)
1/11/06: LUD (Day 65)
2/6/06: Infopass appointment (Day 91), received iEAD (good for 8 mths)
2/14/06: FP notice for 765, 485, notice received on 2/17/06 (Day 102)
3/8/06: FPappointment for 765 (Day 124)
3/9/06: FP appointment for 485 (Day 125) but when requested, they allowed me to do both on 3/8/06
3/14/06: Received EAD in the mail (Day 130)
4/3/05: Received request for initial AOS interview (Day 150)
5/18/06: Scheduled for initial AOS interview (Day 195)

Interview Scheduled

Finally got my appt. for AOS interview. It is scheduled for 04-28-2006. Does anyone want to offer any advice? :)

PriyaB - interview timeline

Hi

This is my current time line:

01/31/06 - Mailed Aos package
02/14/06 - Package returned (sent checks with date as 2005, duh!)
02/14/06 - mailed package with corrected checks
02/15/06 - RD
02/17/06 - ND
03/15/06 - FP (Code 2 & 3)
03/22/06 - LUDs (to I130, 485, 765, 131)
04/11/06 - Received NoA for interview
05/19/06 - AoS Interview scheduled

Also, the interview is in Boston though we stated in the I130 that we want to adjust status at San Jose (I live in MA, my husband in CA and I was planning on moving to CA).

Cheers,
PriyaB