AOS Interview Timeline

Hi. Please add us to your AOS Timeline. I am a USC sponsoring my wife, who is an H1B holder. The information is as follows:

RD: 12/01/2005
ND: 12/01/2005
FP: 01/25/2006
ID: 05/04/2006
DO: Memphis

Interview letter received today (ND 03/08/06)
ASC: Portland, ME

Feel free to ask if you need any other info than already stated in my sigline.

interview timeline

DO Charleston South Carolina

Sent everything to Chicago

RD: 3/17/2005
EAD approved 6/8/2005
Interview Date 5/15/2006

AOS approved without interview

Hello Everybody!!

I just want to thank you everybody who helped me with information in this site. Today I am very happy. I received in the mail an AOS aproval notice. No interview was made and they said in the letter that I can go to the District Office to get my passport stamped. I couldn't believe it. No interview was required. I just want to wish good luck for everybody and I am wishing the best for you. Detail: Case Status online - no changes were made so far. I still have the first message.

Thank you for the attention!!

Good Luck !

I went for my interview at 10/12/2005, they requested additional evidence, I sent it to them in 11/05, I haven't heard anything since then, does anybody know how long it takes for them to come to a decision (when I will hear from them). Thanks.

Here is update of my updated timeline

First Interview Notice 12/29/05 (was out of country had to reschedule)
Second Interview Notice 02/09/06
Interview 03/01/06
Approved 03/06/06
Received Green Card 03/13/06

If anyone wants more infor about my experience you can send me a message or post in the forum.

The interesting part about my experience was that they gave me a 10 year green card. This was contrary to what they had mentioned in the interview. They said that I would get a conditional permanent residence that would expire in 2 years. The question that I have been grappling about is whether the fact I got a green card that is set to expire in 10 years means that my green card is for permenant residency and not conditional residency. Anyone know what this means?

kilonzi said:
Here is update of my updated timeline

First Interview Notice 12/29/05 (was out of country had to reschedule)
Second Interview Notice 02/09/06
Interview 03/01/06
Approved 03/06/06
Received Green Card 03/13/06

If anyone wants more infor about my experience you can send me a message or post in the forum.

The interesting part about my experience was that they gave me a 10 year green card. This was contrary to what they had mentioned in the interview. They said that I would get a conditional permanent residence that would expire in 2 years. The question that I have been grappling about is whether the fact I got a green card that is set to expire in 10 years means that my green card is for permenant residency and not conditional residency. Anyone know what this means?

Well, Congratulations on your 10 years GC. Looks like the rules are not being followed 100%. I just got my AOS aproval notice on the mail. I hadn't interview. It was a big surprise to me and to my husband. We are celebrating it!! Sometimes things doen'st make any sense. Detail, I am a B1/B2 visa married a US citizen. My application was sent in July 2005 to the National Benefit Center. After some months they moved my case to CSC (California Service Center). And after less than 5 months since I did my Fingerprinting, code 3, they approved my case. Well, it is wonderful!! Like you, against the written rules you got your 10 years GC. Looks like they are changing some traditional rules due the high backlog on the cases. So, I just can say to you that you are a lucky guy like me.. I know that sometimes this is not fair for those who are waiting in line for months or years. My advice for everybody is not give up and always have some hope. Make phone calls frequently to the USCIS, schedule appointments, use a key person to help you in your case. Sometimes someone will listen to you..

Good Luck and be always positive!!

Timeline: Boston 2006

DO: Boston
Mail Date: Dec 14, 2006 (1-130, 1-485, 1-765)
Receipt Date: Dec 22, 2005
1-797 Notice for FP: January 27, 2006
Fingerprinting: February 10, 2006
EAD Rec'd: Still waiting
Interview Notice:
Interview

Husband: Mexican
Wife: American

kilonzi said:

Your card has something that says 'Resident since XX/XX/XXXX'. If that date is more than 2 years after the official marriage date on your marriage certificate, then your residence is unconditional and you're a resident for life.

The card itself expires in 10 years, but your status doesn't so long as you don't engage in activities that jeopardize it.

Pinturicchio said:
Your card has something that says 'Resident since XX/XX/XXXX'. If that date is more than 2 years after the official marriage date on your marriage certificate, then your residence is unconditional and you're a resident for life.

The card itself expires in 10 years, but your status doesn't so long as you don't engage in activities that jeopardize it.

To be even more precise... if category on the card says IR6, then the card is unconditional. If it is CR-6 then it is conditional.

Congrats Kilonzi and simedbr !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved in Charlotte

My wife and I had our AOS interview this morning in Charlotte, NC. All went smoothly; I got approved and have the temporary stamp in my passport. (That was a good thing: I am due to fly back to the UK on Saturday.)

There were no real problems, even though I was kind of nervous and so got the answer to the first question wrong ('When did you first meet your wife?')--- I was out by exactly 2 years, but my wife quickly corrected me! It didn't seem to be a problem, but since we've been married for almost three years, I guess the officer started out with a fairly sympathetic disposition towards our case.

All the best to everyone else with their applications...

--------------------------------------
ND: July 10, 2005
Biometrics: Sept 16, 2005
Interview Date: March 15, 2006
Approved: March 15, 2006

Please update my timeline!

Yay! My lawyer called today to let me know that I got an interview date!

Please update me on the list, the interview is scheduled for May 17th. I'm not sure what DO yet, I haven't seen the letter, but it's probably Washington DC.

Now the nerve-racking part starts, preparing for the interview!

Updated Timeline

Please update my application timeline as well. I completed my interview yesterday and was approved with a stamp in my passport.

West Palm Beach

I just got a letter from USCIS for the green card interview. I'd like to share my timeline as I got much information from this website.

DO : West Palm Beach
1/5/06: Sent out I-485, I-130, and I-765
1/18/06: ND
2/23/06: EAD approved - confirmed later on the card
3/4/06: Bio metrics for I-485, I-765
3/13/06: EAD card received
3/20/06: Got a letter for AOS interview scheduled on 5/11/06

I'm very happy about their fast processing!!
FYI, I was on a H1B before getting married.