AOS Interview Timeline

AOS timeline

ARi4,

Married to LPR.

I130 RD 13/Nov/2001
I130 approved notice 22Dec/2005
did not know I could apply for AOS Immediately even though my PD was current and above all sent wrong amount so got delayed
finally applied and
I485 RD 03/feb/2006. DO is Detroit

Is there somebody similar to my case of application (Married to LPR).
please let me know there time line.

ravibudp said:
ARi4,

Married to LPR.

I130 RD 13/Nov/2001
I130 approved notice 22Dec/2005
did not know I could apply for AOS Immediately even though my PD was current and above all sent wrong amount so got delayed
finally applied and
I485 RD 03/feb/2006. DO is Detroit

Is there somebody similar to my case of application (Married to LPR).
please let me know there time line.

Once you reach the I-485 stage, it doesn't matter anymore that you're married to a LPR, everybody within the same DO has the same timeline...

You should compare yourself to Detroit applicants.

Pinturicchio said:
Once you reach the I-485 stage, it doesn't matter anymore that you're married to a LPR, everybody within the same DO has the same timeline...

You should compare yourself to Detroit applicants.
Thanks Pinturicchio greatly appericate your reply I will Check that timeline.

Should I be worried? Please help?

I know of two folks (one from this post and one elsewhere) who filed in DO Boston and received their interview dates within four months of their receipt dates. I am a little worried that we have not yet received our interview date. I got especially anxious when I read Priya B's post as her receipt date in January 31, 2006, and her interview has already been scheduled for May 19, 2006. Our receipt date was December 22, 2005, and there has been no word on interview. We called INS last week and they said that I'd get my interview notice after the I-130 was approved.

Should we be worried? We never received notice of the I-1765 approval - we found out through an INFOPASS appointment.

monstrita said:
I know of two folks (one from this post and one elsewhere) who filed in DO Boston and received their interview dates within four months of their receipt dates. I am a little worried that we have not yet received our interview date. I got especially anxious when I read Priya B's post as her receipt date in January 31, 2006, and her interview has already been scheduled for May 19, 2006. Our receipt date was December 22, 2005, and there has been no word on interview. We called INS last week and they said that I'd get my interview notice after the I-130 was approved.

Should we be worried? We never received notice of the I-1765 approval - we found out through an INFOPASS appointment.

Hi Monstrita,

Please don't worry too much. Actually, I was a little alarmed when I received the interview notice last week. Because we don't have a lot of time to get our documents together for the interview. And I'm hoping that they have time to complete the FBI checks etc since its been scheduled so early!

So, I'd advise you not to worry too much about it. Maybe its for the best.

cheers,
-Priya

hogwart4 said:
Hi Everybody,
Any body going through California? or Gone through California recently?

That would be me... and a bunch of others listed on the AOS interview timeline table. Whats the question?

ari4u said:
That would be me... and a bunch of others listed on the AOS interview timeline table. Whats the question?
Hi Ari4U,
I know that you went though San Jose..I am going though a DO in southern California. Anyhow according to my "interview is coming" thread do you have any suggestions? "I know you are really good" ;)

Interview at Jacksonville

davidyoung said:
My district office is Orlando, but I received interview notice scheduled for Jacksonville on April 19th.
I am so happy the interview is scheduled earlier than I expected. I guess Jacksonville is trying to help Orlando out.

RD -- October 12,2005
Interview Date -- April 19th, 2006

How did the interview go? Did they give you any idea of the date of oath or the frequency per month? How long would it take for the letter to come? Did they tell you anything about name check having been completed? Thanks.

Just now started the AOS - Detroit, MI to Chicago Lockbox

The following is the timeline. I will keep updating this as I hear more from USCIS.
  • While in H1, Married to PR in Nov 2001. H1 (6 years) valid till Sep 2007
  • I-130 sent by mail - 10-Mar-03
  • I-130 ND, RD - 13-Mar-03
  • My spouse received Citizenship on April 06, 2006. Called USCIS on April 06, 2006 to inform that my spouse has become a USC. They said that I will receive a decision in about 30 days. They also said that a letter has been already sent about transferring I-130 to CSC.
  • Received letter on April 10, 2006 dated April 03, 2006 that I-130 has been transferred to California Service center on April 03, 2006. I live near Detroit, MI. Not sure why they would transafer this to CSC ?? :confused:
  • Medical Exam on April 07, 2006. Picked up the sealed envelopes from the doctor on April 14, 2006.
  • Forgot to mention about my spouse's name change (part of N-400 citizenship application) on the April 06 call !! Duh? :eek: Called USCIS on April 18, 2006 to inform about name change. They asked to send a copy of Naturalization certificate, name change and 130 receipt to CSC. So sent it by Priority Mail the same day.
  • Sent AOS package (485, 130 Receipt copy, G325 - Biographic information, 864 - Affidavit of Support, 693 - Doctor's sealed envelopes, 765 - Application for Employment, 131 - Travel) on April 20, 2006 by Fedex saver to Chicago Lockbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Boston DO

Notice Date: 12/14/05
Receipt date: 12/22/05
I-485 FP Notice: 1/27/06
1-485 FP: 2/10/06
I-765 FP: 3/27/06
I-765 Rec'd: 4/1/06
Interview Notice: 4/20/06
Interview Date: 5/31/06

DO: Boston

documents for parents & spouse green card

I expect to get my citizenship sometime this year. Can I file the green card application for my parents and wife at the same time the next day after I take the oath? They are all with me in U.S with valid visa.

To do this, I need to collect all required documents for them. Here is the list I think I need to get. Please remind me if anything else required.

1. birth certificate for everyone
2. marriage certificates for both generations
3. Police no-crime certificate for everyone

Can I file form I-130 and I-485 at the same time? I suppose I should include biographic info, affidavit of support, medical examination all in the same envelope, right?

Should I send 3 separate application packages for my mother, father and wife? I think it might be ok to send my parents' application in a single envelope, but it could be confusing and might have no benefit at all.

Thanks!

interview letter

I applied for my wife's AOS - just got the interview letter.

Timeline - SF DO

Sent - Feb 14 2005
Receipt Date - Feb 17, 2005
Notice Date - Feb 21, 2005
Fingerprinting - Mar 14, 2005
No word on EAD / AP
Interview Letter - Apr 21, 2005
Interview - June 5, 2006

My timeline

Notice Date: 12/22/05
Receipt date: 1/12/05
I-485 FP Notice: 1/27/06
1-485 FP: 2/7/06
Interview Notice: 4/20/06
Interview Date: 6/21/06

DO: Baltimore, MD

Approved ! Got Plastic!

I want to use this opportunity to thank God for His guidance, love and compassion over me. God made me stumble on this great forum that provided all the help, encouragement, knowledge and cost effective way of getting my GC with little or no stress.
I had my interview on 04/18/2006, about six months after I filed. The interview was done in Jacksonville, though Orlando is my district office.
When we got there the Officer came to get us about 5 minutes after the scheduled time. She performed the swearing immediately we got inside, before sitting down.
Her first question was if either of us had been married before (No), then she asked how we met.
At this point my wife and I, was trying to answer the question at the same time, because the officer threw the question into the open without asking a specific person. I then relaxed and allowed my wife to answer the question.
The officer then asked for any document that can collaborate our wedding. I already have some documents at hand, gave it to her. She flipped through the documents, and then she asked if we have health or life insurance. I told her I just started my job and have not signed up for my benefits.
I realized maybe she wanted more proof, so I provided her with some pictures (about 5) that I took with my wife, way back in my home country before we emigrate to U.S. The officer said my wife look different and my wife replied maybe because of her hair. The pictures are about 8 yrs old anyway.
Then the officer started going through my I-485 and started asking for the originals of the documents I submitted and stamping the copy after verifying. Note: She perforated and filed all the documents that I gave to her that proved we were married, without even asking if we still need the originals.
The officer then asked the questions in the 485, after she asked if both of us are working. After we said Yes, she said we should prove to her we are making more than 16,500/year. I gave her about 3 pay slips and letter from employer.
She then said congratulations as of today, you’re now a permanent resident. She informed me the card should arrive in about 6 weeks.
I looked at my passport with no stamp, so I asked her if she can stamp it for me. She replied that unless I want to travel anytime soon, my wife responded too quickly that I don’t intend to travel soon. I guess the officer knew the card should get to me within 2 weeks.
I received welcome notice few days later, and then came the Plastic itself about 10 days after the interview.
Special thanks to everybody in this forum. So much information and experience was gained from this forum, through people’s posting. I also want to thank RareGold for valuable information she always provide.
May the Lord grant each one of us our heart desires.
Thanks!

Davidyoung

RD—-------------10/05/2005
ND---------------10/12/2005
FP ---------------01/19/2006
INTERVIEW----- 04/18/2006
GC RECEIVED---04/28/2006

davidyoung said:
My district office is Orlando, but I received interview notice scheduled for Jacksonville on April 19th.
I am so happy the interview is scheduled earlier than I expected. I guess Jacksonville is trying to help Orlando out.

RD -- October 12,2005
Interview Date -- April 19th, 2006

Dear All,

FINALY!!!! This morning we have arrived to the office in Farfax, VA knowing that all will be fine. Between our initial interview on February 23 and today a lot happened:
*On the February 23, we were only there in the office for about three-five mintues to learn that they have sent our files to New York by mistake-so NO interview took place...
*Two days after our "first interview attempt" our house got floded, so we had to move.
*A week later my wife got a new job, so we had to make changes in our application
*There day ago we had to fly Florida, where my family in law lives, after we learnt my father in law is not doing so good healtt wise
*Yesterday half an hour later we left them to catch a flight back to Washington, DC he dies

So me an my wife had no sleep last night at all. We made a trip to Kinkos in the middle of the night to finalize couple of missing copies we had.

The interview was at 915am as we arrived there way earlier, we were extremely calm. It took them to call our names about 20-25 minutes. Comfortable place the waiting room is. The officer was friendly, and she has not asked anything but the standard questions...I guess the most creative questions were "why did you propose?" and "why did you accept his propose?" We gave her an inch thick copies of joint documents, which she did not even look. She was very interested in the pictures we took with us, but did not take not even one for her files.

After 10-15 minutes later, she had my passport stamped with CR6. Since our second aniversary is six months away, I have received "the conditional." Online status has been updated accordinly, and the card is going to be here within 30 day, they stated. One thing though I found it different: We will be eligible to remove the conditional status two years from today, not right after the second anniversary...I guess they have made some changes there that we were not aware of. Nevertheless, I am eligible three years from today to apply for the citizenship...

Well, over all, we are happy it is all over for now-for at least for two years.

I hope the best for all of you in this journey of ours!!!

F1 married to USC filed I-130, I-485, I-765
May 14: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
May 18: [Day 1 ] Received Date
June 08: [Day 22 ] Checks cashed
June 09: [Day 23 ] Notice Date
June 13: [Day 27 ] NOAs have been received
July 08 : [Day 52] RFE (I-485) *Supplemental to I693
July 27: [Day 71] FP&BIO done
August 01 : [Day 76] RFE completed and Mailed
August 05 : [Day 80] RFE Received by USCIS
September 22 : [Day 128] Interim EAD for 6 Months
October 22 : [Day 158] EAD received for one year
December 13 : [Day 220] Invitation for Interview
February 23 : [Day 292] Interview @ Fairfax, VA [Files were sent to NYC!]
March 8 : [Day 305] Second Invitation for Interview
May 1 : [Day 359] Interview @ Fairfax, VA -APPROVED CR6-

Huska,

Congratulations!!. It's been a tough journey for you.

As for removing the conditions - it's the same for everyone. If AOS is approved before 2nd wedding anniversary, you get a conditional GC and one needs to apply for the removal of conditions 3 months prior to the second anniversary of the AOS (ie 1 yr and 9 months from the day you get your AOS approved).

interview timeline Tampa, FL

RD: 4/1/05
ND: 4/6/05
Interview notice received: 3/24/06
Interview date: 5/1/06

And well done indeed...