AOS Interview Timeline

Interview at Baltimore DO

Hi Folks,

The last time I posted I had just received the Interview Notice (Nov 18). I am happy to report that my wife and I went to the interview and both her I-130 and my I-485 were approved.
In case you're interested, I will briefly describe our experience at the Baltimore DO.
Our interview time was 11:15AM. We got there just before 11. The waiting room was packed. There were families, couples, old people, young people, babies, lawyers. I turned in my interview letter and we sat down. We waited until 12:30PM. My wife was relaxed, I was nervous and needed to use the Men's room. There was no reason no worry, but I heard and read so many horror stories that I was expecting the worse. When our names were called, we got up as fast as we could and followed our case officer into her office. She was in her mid-40s, very friendly and polite. As we were about to sit down, she asked us to remain standing and raise our hands for the oath (I swear to tell the truth, or something like that). She then proceeded to ask us a couple of questions. To me: "what is your birthdate?" To my wife: "what is your birthdate?" Then she asked us when we met and when we had our wedding. I showed her pictures of the wedding (tons of them) and other pictures from our trips. She looked at every single one of them. I think she wanted to be polite more than anything else ;)
She then asked for supporting documents, so I gave her utility bills, our rental lease agreement, credit card and bank statements, etc. She also asked for my passport. Since I didn't have copies of all the documents, she went and made some herself. As soon as she came back, she looked at us and said: "Congratulations! I am approving your I-130 and I-485." She also added that we'd be getting letters in a couple of weeks, and the GC in a couple of months, but no stamp :mad:
So I told her that my wife and I were going to Jamaïca for my brother-in-law's wedding this June. She suggested that I get an InfoPass appointment and get my passport stamped just in case.
Before she walked us out back to the waiting room, she told me that I would be eligible for U.S. Citizenship in 3 years exactly. Oh, she also said that the GC would be conditional (2 years) and that we'd have to apply to remove the condition 90 days before the 2-year anniversary. My wife and I have been together for 4 years but married for less than 1.

All in all it was a good experience (except for the wait, and the $16 parking fee). I just hope I get the GC soon, I don't want to take another day off work to get my passport stamped.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting for their approval and interview. If your marriage is honest and your relationship is for real, you should have nothing to fear.

Oh, and happy new year.

-------------------------------
F1 (OPT) -> GC

Timeline:

Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765: 06/30/2005
RD: 07/04/2005
ND: 07/11/2005
FP/BIO: 08/02/2005
EAD Approved: 09/02/2005
EAD Received: 09/07/2005
Interview letter Received: 11/18/2005
Interview: 01/18/2006
I-130 Approval e-mail: 1/19/2006

Please update my timeline

I just received my interview letter :) . My interview is set for March 8th 2006. My DO is Hartford, CT. I am super excited :D

Please add my AOS timeline DO Atlanta

ND-485:7/21/05
Received Ap:10/4/05
Received EAD:9/27/05
Interview Dt:??????

approved

Our interview time was 2:15PM. We got there at 1.30 to meet with our attorney. The waiting room was full with people from all over the world. I turned in my interview letter and we sat down. We chatted with our attorney for about an hour. Then my name came up through the speaker. Our examiner was the person that our attorney had hoped for. We entered this small messy office and she asked us to remain standing and raise our hands for the oath. The second time in my life to say "I do". She ask my husband why he has a drivers license from another state. He explains we're at a transition stage in our careers and we intend to reunite when my training is over. She tells her own experience with living apart from her husband for a while. We sigh with relief: she understands.

She then verifies birthdates and proceededs to shuffle some new supporting documents we brought (phone records, employment letters, boarding passes, paystubs etc.) and files them meticulously away. Then she asked my husband (although I am the beneficiary) when we met and when and where we had our wedding. My husband stumbles throught the foreign name. There is some discussion on my IAP-66 forms from when I had a J-1 visa and the 2-year home rule waiver. She keeps the IAP's, but returns the waiver. Our attorney mentions that she had a client who was a perm resident but wasn't approved for citizenship because he couldn't produce this stupid waiver. So, y'all keep that waiver in a vault! After asking for my partents first names, she looked at us and said: "Congratulations! I am approving your I-130 and I-485." She also added that we'd be getting letters in a few days, and the GC in 7-30 days, but no stamp.

She said that the GC would be conditional (2 years) and that we'd have to apply to remove the condition 90 days before the 2-year anniversary.

It was a happy day! :)

madelief said:
Our interview time was 2:15PM. We got there at 1.30 to meet with our attorney. The waiting room was full with people from all over the world. I turned in my interview letter and we sat down. We chatted with our attorney for about an hour. Then my name came up through the speaker. Our examiner was the person that our attorney had hoped for. We entered this small messy office and she asked us to remain standing and raise our hands for the oath. The second time in my life to say "I do". She ask my husband why he has a drivers license from another state. He explains we're at a transition stage in our careers and we intend to reunite when my training is over. She tells her own experience with living apart from her husband for a while. We sigh with relief: she understands.

She then verifies birthdates and proceededs to shuffle some new supporting documents we brought (phone records, employment letters, boarding passes, paystubs etc.) and files them meticulously away. Then she asked my husband (although I am the beneficiary) when we met and when and where we had our wedding. My husband stumbles throught the foreign name. There is some discussion on my IAP-66 forms from when I had a J-1 visa and the 2-year home rule waiver. She keeps the IAP's, but returns the waiver. Our attorney mentions that she had a client who was a perm resident but wasn't approved for citizenship because he couldn't produce this stupid waiver. So, y'all keep that waiver in a vault! After asking for my partents first names, she looked at us and said: "Congratulations! I am approving your I-130 and I-485." She also added that we'd be getting letters in a few days, and the GC in 7-30 days, but no stamp.

She said that the GC would be conditional (2 years) and that we'd have to apply to remove the condition 90 days before the 2-year anniversary.

It was a happy day! :)

Congratulation for your successful interview.

Would you mind telling me which country are you coming from? How long it took you to have the 2-year home rule waiver? What is the reasons you're using to waiver?

Thanks you.

Again, Congratulation :) :) :) :) :)

AOS interview experience

Hey peeps,
I just wanted to let you know that I had a great interview experience to share with you all yesterday. My wife and I went to the USCIS in Detroit. My interview was at 8:30am. I was called in at 8:50. The interviewer first asked us to swear. There was a list of questions that followed for which I said No to all. They were mostly questions to make sure that I wasn't a part of any illegal organizations that posed a threat to the nation and some related to arrests, drugs, etc. Then he asked if my wife and I lived together. We used to in the past but we aren't at the moment becasue of our work. But we did have the lease documents to show that we had lived together in the past. Lastly he enquired about our jobs and what we were doing. Finally he said that I was a permenant resident from yesterday and he stamped my passport. It was all over in exactly 10 minutes. We didn't really expect it to be a breeze. In any case I think this website has been extremely helpful for me. I have been following tips from this site right from the start and I really appreciate all the help I got. I would be glad to answer questions if you have any.

Thanks,
k

Hi K,

Could you tell us your time line? when did you apply and the approval dates on each stage?

thanks

Charlotte, NC Timeline

ND: July 10, 2005
Biometrics: Sept 16, 2005
Interview Date: March 15, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Green card in the mail....

Dear All wonderful men and women of this noble forum,

I just got three mails from USCIS(CRIS).My green card was approved a few minutes ago and it is in the mail.

I want to thank you all for your tremendous help thorugh this journey,my hubby will be overjoyed when he gets home,he's been telling me not to worry but I couldn't help it.

Thank you again,
NCGIRL

thanks Jane Green(Card),
Congrats on yours as well..I know you went through a lot tougher situation than myself...I thank Goid for seeing us through and pray for others to see their dreams come true...

Interview letter received today.Interview on 3/27/06.

Cherr1980,

Check your mail you might have also received it.