AOS Interview Timeline

Congratulations for this excelent topic

Here are my dates:

ND: 25 July 2005
RD: 28 July 2005
EAD: 09 OCT 2005
AP: 09 OCT 2005
Fingerprinting AOS code 3: 20 OCT 2005

I am very anxious Waiting for the AOS interview. How long can I have to wait for?? I already called the FBI and acoording to them everything was sent back to USCIS.

Thanks

Somebody can help me with information?

Please, I had my Fingerprinting, code 3, on October 20, 2005. Since that, I didn't have any information or receive any letter from USCIS.. A friend's my sent the AOS application on Oct,2005. She didn't receive the EAD but they sent two letters. One to take the EAD fingerprinting at the end of February and the AOS interveiw was schedulled to the end of April,2005. They could perform the AOS Fingerprinting in the same date for EAD but is the FBI makes the check name in two Months?? And why they don't call me for interview. I called FBI and everything were already sent to USCIS>

Sorry for being so anxious.. It is just because I lost an excellent job which was requesting GC, due the many trips outside the US. Before I didn't care too much about have the GC soon. Now, it is affecting my professional life.

Thanks
Simone

Somebody can help me with information?

Please, I had my Fingerprinting, code 3, on October 20, 2005. Since that, I didn't have any information or receive any letter from USCIS.. A friend's my sent the AOS application on Oct,2005. She didn't receive the EAD but they sent two letters. One to take the EAD fingerprinting at the end of February and the AOS interveiw was schedulled to the end of April,2005. They could perform the AOS Fingerprinting in the same date for EAD but is the FBI makes the check name in two Months?? And why they don't call me for interview. I called FBI and everything were already sent to USCIS>

Sorry for being so anxious.. It is just because I lost an excellent job which was requesting GC, due the many trips outside the US. Before I didn't care too much about have the GC soon. Now, it is affecting my professional life.

Thanks
Simone

simedbr said:

Thanks
Simone

You should call USCIS on their 1-800 number. It takes some time to get through but it's probably worth the wait.

Please, REx 1960

I called several times de USCIS 1-800 and I just heard electronic messages, press this, press that, and I couldn't heard any option to talk to a representative. Could you please help me and confirm the 1-800 and the option to try to speak to a representative.

Thank you very much
Simone

call the 1-800 number. Press 3 ( option about forms, filing fees etc) the first time. and then press 6. it will connect you to a representative, but if they are busy you will have to wait for a couple of minutes. this worked for me and hope this helps.

Thanks and Good Day,

simedbr said:
Please, REx 1960

I called several times de USCIS 1-800 and I just heard electronic messages, press this, press that, and I couldn't heard any option to talk to a representative. Could you please help me and confirm the 1-800 and the option to try to speak to a representative.

Thank you very much
Simone

I called there and it took me about 20 minutes in that waiting line. But eventually I was able to talk to an officer, who was very friendly and helpful.

Just listen carefully and dial the numbers they tell you step by step. If you miss one step you can always go back. Like I said it takes some time, but it's worth the investment of time since you don't have so many other options, do you?

REX1960

I think I am getting crazy heeeeeeeeeeeeee I called again today and I don't see any option to talk to a representative.. I tried many options pressing many keys...sniff...sniff... I'm sorry. COuld you remember the option you could talk to a representative. I almost break the telephone today ehhe.

Thank you a lot ir you could help me..
Regards

My timeline so far

DO: Seattle, WA

08-09-2005: Mailed I-130/485/765/Affidavit of Support/Medical exam to Chicago
08-12-2005: RD
08-15-2005: ND
02-07-2006: Received notice for FP
03-07-2006: FP appt
TBA: AOS Interview :confused:

AOS interview LA--Background check pending

Hi everyone,

I had my interview yesterday. My experience was very simple. We went into the officer's room and did the "tell nothing but truth". He verified my name and address. Then, he asked the question on I-485 (which all answers are 'no'). That's all. He didn't ask ANYTHING from us, not even IDs. At the end, he showed us two piece of paper. One was FBI name check with status of 'cleared'. The other was FBI background check with status of 'pending'. He told us that it will take 2-3 weeks to clear the background check and there is nothing needs to be worried. He said that once the background check cleared, he would happy to order the card for me, so he can get my files out of his office. At the very end, he told us that we are his last interview of the day so he could go home. All the copies of the documents that I prepared were no use. I can feel from the very beginning that he just wants to get over with.

I read this from another forum that at LA DO, different interview area has different culture, some are hard and some are easy. I guess mine area was easy area. My room was 8340.

I guess from now on, all I can do is waiting. However, I'm not that worried. I have AP for travel and EAD for work. GC just matter of time.

Good luck to everyone!! I will keep post my timeline as waiting for actural GC in hand.

All after all, thanks for all the help that I got from this forum.
This forum ROCKs!!

Appleyao

What do you think??

Please, I am waiting for AOS interview appointment. I called FBI which said to me everything is ok and I just need to verify with the FBI office if my name was already cleared. I tried to call USCIS, without sucess, after waiting today 45 min at line, I give up. So, I think I need to be sure if may name was check ed and try to go in person in some USCIS office. I believe that some things doesn't work by phone. Somebody has some information to me??

Thanks in Advance,

RD: 07-25-2005
ND: 07-28-2005
EAD and AP received by mail: 09-09-2005
FP, code 3, taken: 09-20-2005
ID: Not yet !!!

simedbr said:
REX1960

I think I am getting crazy heeeeeeeeeeeeee I called again today and I don't see any option to talk to a representative.. I tried many options pressing many keys...sniff...sniff... I'm sorry. COuld you remember the option you could talk to a representative. I almost break the telephone today ehhe.

Thank you a lot ir you could help me..
Regards
I'm sorry to hear that. I can actually not remember the given options. But I know for sure they were there since that's how I got to talk to a very friendly and helpful officer. Have you tried goodguysvnr's suggestions ??

Am I assuming correctly that you have a hard time understanding english via your telephone. Maybe you should ask someone to help you out on that matter.

Rex 1960.

Thank you for your repply. I could understand the English and today I could be waiting 40 min to be attended by a representative. No lucky!! After 40 min I gave up. Tomorrow I will try again and I will let you know how it was.

Please, I am a little concern about my Fingerprinting. Do you have some suggestions in how can I figure out if my name was already cleared.?? Thank you in advance.

I think I am nervous because I've been comparing cases and cases with a similar ND that mine and seeing that people are being calling for interview soon. I know that each case in specific. I will try to relax and drink a beer ehhehe.

Thank you again for your attention.

simedbr said:
Rex 1960.

Thank you for your repply. I could understand the English and today I could be waiting 40 min to be attended by a representative. No lucky!! After 40 min I gave up. Tomorrow I will try again and I will let you know how it was.

Please, I am a little concern about my Fingerprinting. Do you have some suggestions in how can I figure out if my name was already cleared.?? Thank you in advance.

I think I am nervous because I've been comparing cases and cases with a similar ND that mine and seeing that people are being calling for interview soon. I know that each case in specific. I will try to relax and drink a beer ehhehe.

Thank you again for your attention.

Where did you file your applications and where did you have your biometrics taken ? Maybe you can get a walk-in appointment at your DO and simply ask.
I filed at the Chicago Lockbox and had my biometrics in Portland, ME which was a peace of cake and I had a very friendly officer there. Anyway, even if I didn't even spend 15 minutes there I had to invest aproximately 4.5 hrs just driving there. So spending an hour on the phone doesn't seem to be too much if it's just for a simple question. Like I said earlier, it took me about 20 minutes waiting and another 20 minutes talking to the officer. You might have better luck next time. Just don't give up.

Interview away from District Office.

My district office is Orlando, but I received interview notice scheduled for Jacksonville on April 19th.
I am so happy the interview is scheduled earlier than I expected. I guess Jacksonville is trying to help Orlando out.

RD -- October 12,2005
Interview Date -- April 19th, 2006

Rex, I think I am getting old and without any patient . Such' life!!

Old in the age but very young soul... Smile is my name.haahha

I filled it at National Benefits Centers. I had my Bio/finger at New Rochelle, Ny. The problem is I will move to CA in three weeks... Change address will be another pain in the ass (sorry for the word)

Some experience with AOS interview before fingerprinting??

Yes. this is true. I friend's mine sent her application on Oct 2005. In February she received the appointment letter for EAD I-765 biometric. Some days later arrived the appointment letter for the AOS interview, scheduled for the end of April. She is thinking that the USCIS will not taking her fingerprinting because she had to take in the past to attend a private school. In my opinion, just the USCIS can take the fingerprinting for AOS. Perhaps they could do it at the same day of her EAD, that means less then 2 months of interview. Is your background and name cleared on time??? I don't think so. I heard about it is taking no less than 120 days to have everything complete between FBI and USCIS. In my case, I will complete 4 months of fingerprinting, code 3.. No news so far and my online Status remains the same. I think I will receive an AOS interview appoitment soon. I hope so. I am lucky!! ehehe

Some experience to share about it?

Thanks for repplying.