AOS interview but no approval

atldesi2004

Registered Users (C)
I had my final interview for employment based greencard. They did not ask for any employment papers but did ask for last 3 years tax returns for me and my daughter, also looked at the passport and also took my I-94 card during the interview. I did show my employment letter during the interview.They said will review the case and reply in 2 days. Its almost over week and half and i havent heard anything from them yet.

Has any one been through this situation before.
If yes please let me know your experience.

thanks,
atldesi2004

Last edited by a moderator:
same boat

I attended the interview on jan 20. while interview Officer took my i94 and also took our index finger print told me that he is waiting for the visa number and should get reply within two days and no response till then

not sure what to do after that did they take your index finger print and aslo did they told anything ???

raj

Ultraraj----I got information from Attorney that now after Interview at local office they dont stamp the passport same day they have added on more layer and officer has to get the approval from supervisor and then they will mail you the approval notice. in your case officer took your I-94 and also taken the fingerprint and signature on white form. this is done only after the case is approved. you may get approval notice in the mail any time.

atldesi2004---- as the officer has taken you I-94 it means he approved you case and the officer just want approval from supervisor and you may get approval notice in few days.

Good Luck !!!

I got the same situation. I just got my AOS interview today at Kansas local office the officer just ask for document relate to our relationship and we forgot to show him Tax Return year 2004 that I sign on it. And we just gave them Tax Return till 2003 and the officer even not keep any for record. :confused:
This really worry me :( if my case will not be approve cuz the officer said my case has to be review and within 120 days I should receive a letter send to me to let me know if my case is approve.

I feel alot better to see ginnu message but still alittle bit worry if they dont have my husband Tax Return year 2004 and any documents that show our relationship (cuz he didn't keep any as record) will cause my case deny?

I got fingerprint on the white paper also my signature on it at the interview, that imply I will get approve?

vivilovely said:
I got the same situation. I just got my AOS interview today at Kansas local office the officer just ask for document relate to our relationship and we forgot to show him Tax Return year 2004 that I sign on it. And we just gave them Tax Return till 2003 and the officer even not keep any for record. :confused:
This really worry me :( if my case will not be approve cuz the officer said my case has to be review and within 120 days I should receive a letter send to me to let me know if my case is approve.

I feel alot better to see ginnu message but still alittle bit worry if they dont have my husband Tax Return year 2004 and any documents that show our relationship (cuz he didn't keep any as record) will cause my case deny?

I got fingerprint on the white paper also my signature on it at the interview, that imply I will get approve?
---yes

Ginnu,Thank you for your encouraging message.This forum gives you real moral support when you need most.My attorney sent a letter to local office by Fedex but so far they have not replied.I am thinking to get appointment by Infopass and enqire.Please let me know what should i do?I am really worried. Thank you all

atldesi2004 said:
Ginnu,Thank you for your encouraging message.This forum gives you real moral support when you need most.My attorney sent a letter to local office by Fedex but so far they have not replied.I am thinking to get appointment by Infopass and enqire.
--- I dont know what date you went for Interview and your Local office.
Please let me know what should i do?
I am really worried.
--nothing to be worried.
Thank you all

AOS Interview-Waiting for approval

Hi Ultraraj:

I have similar situation. My interview for AOS was held on 25th Jan05. Since then, I waiting for approval. Please let me know any latest development

sbk2005

Ultraraj said:
I attended the interview on jan 20. while interview Officer took my i94 and also took our index finger print told me that he is waiting for the visa number and should get reply within two days and no response till then

not sure what to do after that did they take your index finger print and aslo did they told anything ???

raj

interview but no approval

Ginnu/Raj
My interview was at district office in carolina in 1st week of March.I have been waiting for the news everyday.My attorney sent the letter but so far no reply.Most attorneys ask you to wait but how long?Is it ok to enqire at the same office?Pl.guide me.I wish no one has to go through what i am going through.If you have any idea pl. let me know. Thanks

atldesi2004 said:
Ginnu/Raj
My interview was at district office in carolina in 1st week of March.I have been waiting for the news everyday.My attorney sent the letter but so far no reply.Most attorneys ask you to wait but how long?Is it ok to enqire at the same office?Pl.guide me.I wish no one has to go through what i am going through.If you have any idea pl. let me know. Thanks

since it is the local office you go and ask directly.

Ultraraj/Vivilovely/SBK 2005

Have you heard anything from CIS office ?Please let us know.We ar very few unluky goinh through this type of sittuation.I am planning to go to local cis office to enquire.I will let you know about it.

Thanks to Ginnu and tammy2 for reply.

AOS interview but no approval-plese reply

Iwent to local dist.office to check the status of my case.I explained the officer at the desk that it has been 6 weeks since my interview still I have not heard anything from your office.She went inside and asked the officer who took my interview,she came back after 5 minutes and told me that officer did not get time to review my file!!!
My attorney wrote the letter but so far they have not repplied. What shoud i do next?Do you think letter from congressman's office will make the officer mad?
Thanks

Finally, the day has arrived!

I received the approval letter for myself and my daughter, after a long long long wait! Thanks to all the forum members, esp. Ginnu and Tammy2, for giving me their advice and support.
I found a lot of comfort and encouragment at this forum when I felt discouraged and helpless in GC process. I wish and pray for all those waiting for greencard that your day will arrive very soon. Don't be sad and always keep your spirits high. I know it is very hard because I have been through this difficult journey. Finally, by the grace of God and prayers and goodwishes from family and friends, we have come to the end of the road. Now I am waiting for my wife and son's approval letters.

Goodluck to everyone and thanks again for the support!

atldesi2004 said:
I received the approval letter for myself and my daughter, after a long long long wait! Thanks to all the forum members, esp. Ginnu and Tammy2, for giving me their advice and support.
I found a lot of comfort and encouragment at this forum when I felt discouraged and helpless in GC process. I wish and pray for all those waiting for greencard that your day will arrive very soon. Don't be sad and always keep your spirits high. I know it is very hard because I have been through this difficult journey. Finally, by the grace of God and prayers and goodwishes from family and friends, we have come to the end of the road. Now I am waiting for my wife and son's approval letters.

Goodluck to everyone and thanks again for the support!
Congratulations!!

Not yet

Ginnu and others
thanks for the update. am still waiting for approval i went to local office again through info pass a lady didn't say anything apart from your file or case have no issue but you have to wait, i don't know what to ask.
I came with disappoinment

If you guys have any ideas please post me i will try

Thanks for your help and support

Raj :(